1. I have great difficulty in farming gold on icecrown... and when I finally get a respectable ammount this happens... this is putting it mildly... UNFAIR!

2. Still waiting for a Mod to reply.
    What reply are you waiting for LOL? "Yeah a lot of smart people with clear vast knowledge in economy gave us some brilliant insights in this thread that we failed to consider, so WE WILL NOT SQUISH THE GOLD", or what is going on in your mind? I am surprised warmane staff is kind enough to let half of you whine in this thread with no awareness whatsoever.

3. There's a reason Blizzard never does this on Retail..
    People dont buy gold here, they buy coins to trade other players. You taking half of what we already paid you make you really 75 percent of my money. I will no longer be donating for anything and i will still be charging 2 gold for my copper rods.

4. OMFG!!! this is so ****ing stupid its ****ed up on so many levels man WTF.

5. What reply are you waiting for LOL? "Yeah a lot of smart people with clear vast knowledge in economy gave us some brilliant insights in this thread that we failed to consider, so WE WILL NOT SQUISH THE GOLD", or what is going on in your mind? I am surprised warmane staff is kind enough to let half of you whine in this thread with no awareness whatsoever.
    a little more than a month ago a mod stated "Just because it happened two years in a row doesn't mean it will happen every year. Don't assume. More considerate? Heh...."

Im waiting for a Mod response to at least why we had such a vast shorter notice then the last two years. When there has been posts well before this one saying they would do the thing they are now doing.

6. they would not do the thing they are now doing.

7. a little more than a month ago a mod stated "Just because it happened two years in a row doesn't mean it will happen every year. Don't assume. More considerate? Heh...."

Im waiting for a Mod response to at least why we had such a vast shorter notice then the last two years. When there has been posts well before this one saying they would do the thing they are now doing.
    A little more than a month ago that was the information we had about gold cuts: that one wasn't scheduled to happen so far and that one wouldn't be part of the end-of-year announcements along with our holiday events. As for the reason the notice was much closer to it happening, that isn't something we are informed about. If I was to guess, it might be to reduce the amount of juggling many players do to try to turn gold into items to sell afterwards and minimize how much gold is taken out of circulation.

8. A little more than a month ago that was the information we had about gold cuts: that one wasn't scheduled to happen so far and that one wouldn't be part of the end-of-year announcements along with our holiday events. As for the reason the notice was much closer to it happening, that isn't something we are informed about. If I was to guess, it might be to reduce the amount of juggling many players do to try to turn gold into items to sell afterwards and minimize how much gold is taken out of circulation.
    Thank you.

9. ah, who cares. This makes sense to half all Gold. They should do it a week before so people don't try to save gold by doubling or even TRIPLING item values.

10. ah, who cares. This makes sense to half all Gold. They should do it a week before so people don't try to save gold by doubling or even TRIPLING item values.
    Gavrlin for ****ing president!

11. Who Cares is everyone's idea of a solution? That is just sad. It does not make sense to keep doing this year after year and it still is not helping. with no solution except the easy way out. "WIPE!" Low rate servers with casual or regular players suffer working their butts off to just get ahead, because of abuse and they are punished for it. Some players on low rate servers have more than one character, don't have allot of time to play and the costs to maintain them are higher. High rate servers keep on making a **** ton of gold no matter what., but there are casual or regular players too same reasons that get the shaft, all because of people that abuse the system.

12. Why dont you give us some coins if you are going to take 50% gold

13. Why dont you give us some coins if you are going to take 50% gold
    Why would they do that?

14. There is no simple solution to the gold issues that plagues wow. The problem with this option is it really hurts new players like myself. I just started playing here and have like 30g. How much will I have in a month, 1000g? I'll be pretty much starting my mount farming from scratch again. At least protect low level players that do not have flying training. They're not the target of this anyway.

15. A little more than a month ago that was the information we had about gold cuts: that one wasn't scheduled to happen so far and that one wouldn't be part of the end-of-year announcements along with our holiday events. As for the reason the notice was much closer to it happening, that isn't something we are informed about. If I was to guess, it might be to reduce the amount of juggling many players do to try to turn gold into items to sell afterwards and minimize how much gold is taken out of circulation.
    Hey Obnoxious,

Can you get details from the developers about how this solution works across all of the servers as each one has different and unique economic aspects that make this solution seem heavy handed and explain their methodology for it?

Let's start with a baseline understanding of the problem. Here are explanation videos that gives high level overviews of the economic hyperinflation problem to educate the playerbase looking at this topic:

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W39TtF14i8I
    2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sumZLwFXJqE

you watched them? Good.

Now: I have experience with 3 servers that you own, Nethalion (no longer a viable piece to pull from), Lordaeron, and Warmane, your staff have implemented several controls on top of the base economic controls of the World of Warcraft.

Examples that your staff have implemented are:
    1) Removed or Reduced Gold drop from mobs / bosses in instances and raids. (raid bosses drop less gold per kill, and specific mob example is that Philanthropists in Karazhan don't drop the large gold amounts that they should for this expansion).
    2) Reduced gold gained from Daily Quests (each one should be 15g minimum on Outland, but here they only give 9g in some instances).
    3) Reduced drop rate of epic items:
    Originally Posted by Warmane Devlog
    The Burning Crusade
    October 20, 2018

Sunwell trash is valuable, so valuable in fact we had a good second look at the droprates
    I have instead, a few solutions that could remove this drastic problem:

1) Increase the amount of deposit gold required to post an auction (can be incremental) OR increase the auction house cut by a % value. Again these can be incremental and don't require large swings to affect the economy.

2) Increase the base cost of repairs of players by X% (again can be incremental)

3) Change the base rate of Warmane coins versus real-world currency since you have tied your reserve currency to real world currency, you can change the value of what it is perceived to be.

First ... 67891018 ... Last