1. I also don't know about your analysis but i do know inflation helps the newcomers. How simple it is to sell stacks of copper ore and gain the money for spell training and mounts?

On conclusion squish IS a way of reducing inflation but i don't think is the best way, most likely is the easiest way. You should start thinking harder on this matter instead giving a flat response that steers on the borders of insult for all the categories of your players. I know that you can do a better job, you proved yourselves in the past, but having a company that addresses on a direct way to people unfortunately means that you have to prove yourselves every day.
    Inflation helps newcommers only if they join in the first 6 months of the year. Others just adjust around the rising prices. The thing is, cutting 50% of everybody's gold is a rip-off and only a rip-off for the sake of it being a rip-off. To combat inflation, they could cut 50% of the gold, gather the total cut amount and divide it equally among everybody. The poorer get more, the richer lose some. What was this called again.. Communism? And it worked? At least better than "I will burn half your money" dictatorship.

2. The gold squish is now being announced in-game as well.

3. What about the people which are trying to save money for flying,mount etc,the new players.You know how hard it is to make 100 gold as starting player? O_O

4. Sounds like a good idea to keep the inflation down.
    People won't like this but I personally think the inflation isn't good for the game.

5. very stupid idea to take everyone's gold away. Why not take away the gold farmers gold? someone has millions of gold. Time to start looking for a better private server.

6. This is probably the quickest way to get your forums flooded with edgy teens spamming "SOMEONE STOLE MY GOLD"
    You're taking away a "problem" to create a different kind of problem. But I mean it's your server, pretty sure there's nothing we can do to change what your statement.

7. I'm sure your "analysts" is based on the gold farmers. You're gonna sit there and take away half of everyone's gold for no reason other than you think it is best for the game's economy? You do realize that once everyone's gold is at half. Prices for cloth and such will skyrocket. Everything in the AH is already crazy high.

8. Well this is a good thing for gold hoarders and to reduce prices for a bit, but on the other hand this is a hard blow for new players, people already struggling to get gold, people that paid real money for gold and people that managed to save some gold for mounts will see their efforts vanish. It is your server yeah, however I think other solutions should have been take into account. And as someone mentioned earlier I think that you should decide wether this is going to happen every year or not, because altho I am not a new commer this is quite... Annoying. Got my account stolen a while ago for not having the 2 step authentication and now I will lose half of my gold again. So yeah we will see if this really changes something for good.

9. im a new player on the server... collecting gold for mounts and skills...
    and here is SURPRISE , you will have to collect it all again...
    why??
    its hard enough for new players to collect gold while have to waste it on proffs / mounts /skills....
    feels unfair...
    the whole point of lorderon is that it felt like the original blizz like game... it seems its not...

10. Imagine campaigning on the promise to burn half of all private citizens' money to combat inflation caused by a minority.

Imagine telling people that would even work.

11. I realize this likely won't be seen by the server administration being on this page out of god knows how many total by the 17th, and even if it is, I realize that my opinion likely won't make a difference, but everyone else is doing it so here goes!

I personally feel the gold squish to be unfair, at least, as many others have stated, to a certain audience of the community.

I understand what you're trying to do, and I certainly understand how inflation is bad for the economy.

However, I see abolutely no point in this on the Blackrock realm, as most things are pretty much handed to the players on this particular realm, anyway.

I could see how an influx of gold could occur quite quickly on the higher-rate realms (Icecrown and Frostwolf), but Lordaeron and Outland are still going by the default, "Blizz-like" x1 gold rates according to the General FAQ in the Frequently Asked Questions forum. For this reason alone I feel as if a whopping 50% cut would be rather dramatic, considering the time it will take to recover will be higher than it would on the other, higher-rate realms, and of course it took longer to make the gold you're taking away in the first place.

Server rates aside, and again, as others have stated, new players and those who have been saving for a while now for specific, expensive, legitimate in-game purchases will also suffer. And again, this process of course does take longer on your x1-rate realms than the higher-rate realms.

And of course, not to mention those who have purchased coins simply for the sake of obtaining gold. And yes, I understand this was ultimately carried out as a completely optional "donation", but others have even stated that they donated specifically for the sake of receiving gold.

There are other ways to go about maintaining the economy, yes, and others before me have made some excellent suggestions. I'm not going to compose an extensive summary of ideas to put on the table, as again, I feel as if this is ultimately for nothing; I highly recommend taking a look at the posts others have made before (and after) me.

But the biggest thing I'd like to contribute here is that, if you're really going to continue doing this yearly, which, this server is the first I've ever personally experienced handling it this way, then I would greatly appreciate (as well as would many others, I'm sure), if you would take server rates into account, and equally take into account the different amounts of gold your different players have accumulated over the past year.

And by that last part I mean: 50% of 10,000 would leave the player with 10,000 gold a total of 5,000. This player surely has already maxed out their flying skill, has learned all of their spells and abilties, etc.

50% of 1,000 gold would leave the player with 500, of course. And a player with 100 would be left with 50. So my point is that, again, as others have stated, the rich will ultimately remain rich while you put your "poor" players at a huge disadvantage over night.

So in summary, I feel as if 50% across the board just simply isn't fair. Adjusting depending on multiple factors would make much more sense. My two cents, I thank you for reading and for allowing me to express my opinions on this.

12. You could always, I dunno.... NOT LET PEOPLE SELL GOLD ON THE WEBSITE?

13. convincing stupid people that the gold squish is a good thing is never going to work,
    so lets just move on.

do we save up, or go on a spending spree?
    whats everyones thoughts?

14. Wait...so even my 25 with only about 15 gold who is madly saving for a mount is getting screwed?

Someone sitting on thousands of gold I get, it sucks, but at least it's easier for them to make back, but to screw over low levels seems really ****ty.

15. Guys... halving gold does not generate inflation, but deflation (reducing the money supply, raises the money value).

Clearly you don't know the slightest thing about economics...

First ... 71516171819 ... Last