1. Biggest problem with inflation in a game like this is.
    Year 1: You need to harvest for just 2 hours of item A to buy item B.
    Year 2: Everything went up 100% and now you have to harvest 120 minutes of item A to be able to afford item B.
    Year 3: Everything jumped up 300%, there is a lot of gold stuffed in mattresses. You now need to harvest 7200 seconds of item A to be able to afford item B.

Much later now everything has inflated to 1000% and in game gold sinks are worthless. A new player can buy every spell, mount and skill available from normal vendors in the game for one piece of copper ore. Things are coming apart at the seams. It now takes 7.2e+6 milliseconds of item A to be able to afford item B. And we ask What Are We To Do? Use 6K 6M and 6B instead of zeros? It would be the end of the world of warcraft I say!

2. this is a serious post ? you just cant do it is scam?

3. People who work hard and earn a bounty and in the end reduce all revenue to -50% this is not normal to be ashamed Warmane!

4. Will there be a deduction on the coins aswell?

5. By doing a "Gold Squish" you yourselves are creating the environment where
    people can always shuffle items and gold around to minimize any impact, and even then people could start doing that preemptively anyway to create "safe reserves" if we did it without warning.
    When in reality,
    The issue is that there are a ton of gold faucets, but very few sinks.
    --->Gold sinks need to be increased/created<---

-Bring back the lottery you used to be able to buy tickets with gold from. Instead of taking your players gold they'll willingly throw it at you.

-Increase lv80 Repair cost. Everyone repairs. (Okay maybe if you afk in dal all day, you don't repair)

-Increase the price of top end things that are purchased repeatedly from vendors; Food, Drinks, Reagents, Unique items (Gigantique bag/Black hole) Trade mat vendors (Chopper pipes), anything that comes from a merchant. This can be done in a way that helps minimize the impact to the low level players by simply not changing things for low level items.

-Increase the cost of other services charged by NPCs, such as Guild Creation cost, PVP Team creation cost, Dual Talent purchase cost, Talent reset cost.

-Add a gold tax to use a Transmog in addition to its scroll cost.

-Add a gold tax on top of the point cost to use Website point features (Fac changes etc)

-Add a gold tax on top of the coin tax to sell in the website marketplace.

-Add a vendor that sells seasonal/cosmetics/fireworks/etc out-of-season but for an increased price.

6. i agree with the gold squish. gold squish helps new players get involved on the server. questing and looting still gives same amount of gold whether there is a squish or not, if no squish players have to work that much harder to get basic stuff, after the squish everything in the auction house goes way down in price, all of you scared to lose your gold, its better to let your gold be halved then buy stuff at inflated prices, because once the squish happens that primo you payed 1400 for in AH will be 400-500 gold range. ill let you do the math but this happens for almost every single item... just be better investors.

7. i agree with the gold squish. gold squish helps new players get involved on the server. questing and looting still gives same amount of gold whether there is a squish or not, if no squish players have to work that much harder to get basic stuff, after the squish everything in the auction house goes way down in price, all of you scared to lose your gold, its better to let your gold be halved then buy stuff at inflated prices, because once the squish happens that primo you payed 1400 for in AH will be 400-500 gold range. ill let you do the math but this happens for almost every single item... just be better investors.
    So what you're saying is that if I have 500 gold and an item costs 1000 then after the squash it will be 500 so I can now afford the item and the inflation caused by the squash is worth for the eventual outcome.

8. SOOO, you are planning to do this again??? Seriously, you are giving me another reason to stop logging in this server, guys ! You are cutting my gold with every year by 50% which is fckin ridiculous !!!
    I'm still playing for some reason and I want to have my gold in safe, because I don't have time to farm...Before 2yrs I had 100k, Now I have 50k and you are telling me that only because of your thoughts about our "economy" I'll have 25k in February and after year it will be cut again until its fckin zero?
    Well, you lost one more player (just in case if you didn't understood it). Good luck with your politics :)

9. Are you really crying about 50% squish? try living in Denmark with our taxes...

10. except that there are fixed prices/costs to items that are obtained from vendors, which affects directly to the low level players which need to purchase things from vendors (spells, mounts, etc). so this awesome economics theories you guys have, only benefit the ones on top of the pyramid. but hey, thats how everything is done in this planet aye?
    No, it's EXACTLY the other way around.. the new supply-demand equilibrium fixed in a LOWER price index will benefit the poorest ones, while not affecting the richest ones.

About your first line, yeah, that's true, but the price of the NPC items are totally and absolutely insignificant compared to the amount of money you produce in the server. There isn't a single item ingame, with the exception of BM and maybe a mount, that costs more than 10k gold; your gold could be reduced to 1/10 and still you would be able to buy any item in the game from npcs.

11. I see all the people complaining with high amounts of gold therefore I can imagine you only waste gold in-game by just repairing at the moment. Let me tell you one thing little ignorants, having 100k gold now will be the same than having 50k once the squish is done. The prices people will sell their items will adapt to the amount of gold circulating. Prices right now are extremely inflated and you should be worrying to sell everything now and stack as much gold as you can with prices that will be x300 or x400% higher than in a month. Unless you are going to spend those 50k on repairs or in-game mounts, etc you are not realistically losing any value of the gold, the amount is just halved. Use your brains...

12. there is no need to do 50% at once, it creates panic. Make it monthly fee as taxes 10%

13. morfagor, it depends on your realm probably....I'm playing in Frostwolf. How I am supposed to sell my Jeweled Onyx Panther which costs me~100-110k gold to craft, when everyone gets their money cut in half? Noone will give me that amount of gold after the squish, just because they don't have it...Last time after the squish this item's price was 70-80k gold on AH and it took more than 9 months to get back to the real cost of the mount ! You can't adapt every price , so for me it's clearly a loss.

14. So what you're saying is that if I have 500 gold and an item costs 1000 then after the squash it will be 500 so I can now afford the item and the inflation caused by the squash is worth for the eventual outcome.
    No, you won't be able to buy it after squish, because, both your gold, and the prices will be 50% lower, so nothing really will change, except the visual number on screen. Useless thing to bother with in the first place....

First ... 91718192021 ... Last