1. if u ask me i would do 70% squish...

2. No, you won't be able to buy it after squish, because, both your gold, and the prices will be 50% lower, so nothing really will change, except the visual number on screen. Useless thing to bother with in the first place....
    Something costs 10000 gold. After the gold cut, it goes down in price - let's say to 5000, to go with your own numbers.
    Which is easier to farm, 10000 or 5000?

"Nothing really will change" is a really narrow-minded view that focus only on the present and what people have in the banks now, not in what it does for future trades and how much effort has to be put in gathering enough gold for them.

3. Welcome to the lich king server of WarmaneZuela: Rise of the inflation

4. Tht's not inflation, that's the market getting healthier and healthier.... you know, to help out the low lvl's.

5. I should have said new people not low lvl's because if this is your first go around and you didn't spend any cash on gold the inflation helps you due to the fact that your first toon can't afford anything thing anyway. This will allow them to accumulate gold for when it goes back to normal. For those who donated just before the squash our buying power was immediately cut in half to a third. Ha ha on me for doing that.

6. morfagor, it depends on your realm probably....I'm playing in Frostwolf. How I am supposed to sell my Jeweled Onyx Panther which costs me~100-110k gold to craft, when everyone gets their money cut in half? Noone will give me that amount of gold after the squish, just because they don't have it...Last time after the squish this item's price was 70-80k gold on AH and it took more than 9 months to get back to the real cost of the mount ! You can't adapt every price , so for me it's clearly a loss.
    Well... If the cost to make something will be more than the profit you will get by selling it you should obviously stop crafting that, is something kinda logic. When you squish the mats provided from in-game vendors increase in comparison to before the squish, anyways idk which kind of materials you need to make that mount. If right now it costs 110k to make it and you will receive 80k for it after the squish is clearly good for you. Because those 80k gold will be worth AT LEAST 2x times what 80k gold are right now.

7. Something costs 10000 gold. After the gold cut, it goes down in price - let's say to 5000, to go with your own numbers.
    Which is easier to farm, 10000 or 5000?

"Nothing really will change" is a really narrow-minded view that focus only on the present and what people have in the banks now, not in what it does for future trades and how much effort has to be put in gathering enough gold for them.
    Let us indeed focus on the future. I have 0 gold and two banks full of various materials. The gold squish will take 0 gold from me and 0 materials. For me, it will be extremely easy to gather 5,000; 10,000 or even 100,000 once the gold squish happens by distributing my materials. People who need materials will buy the materials. I have 11 alts with all professions maxed out. For me, t hat is easy. My future is financially bright.

Now lets focus on somebody else's future. Somebody who started on the server a few weeks ago, went through his grind to level 80 and started gathering for his flying mount. He has one character with two just-maxed out professions, dealing with the very basic recipes of said profession, as was I when I made it to level 80. To get his flying mount, he will have to get 5,000 gold for flying and cold-weather total. Lets say he gathered 3500 the day before the gold squish. To him, it isn't profitable to sink his gold into materials because he doesn't have anything to do with them after the squish due to the lack of professions and/or profitable recipes and patterns. He will lose half of his gold, get a bittersweet taste in his mount and continue grinding.

Though tell me, comparing my future with his; is it easier to grind back up to 3500 gold or back up to 0 gold?

If you want a HEALTHIER economy, do the gold squish, amount the gold that you've cut and distribute it equally among all characters / accounts on the realm. The rich will lose, the poor will gain. This decision would be healthy not yearly but even, monthly.

8. Why dont you put vendors who sell zulian tiger for 100k and other mounts and its account bound?

9. Dear Warmane,

It should be apparent from the MANY number of unhappy responses that this could be a real deal-breaker. Regardless of why you do this "Gold Squish", it turns a lot of folks off. The gamers that are not on every minute of every day lose any desire to keep playing if all their hard work just gets wiped out when you decide to do this again. And the hard-core gamers know that there are other private servers and retail manage to avoid having to mess with the economy to avoid the inflation you try to fight. Repeated gold-squishes have cost me far too much of my HARD-earned gold. And that's not even including the gold YOU GAVE ME for migrating, not one, but THREE characters to other servers when you shut down Cata. Too much more of this and I'm liable to stick to retail or go to one of your competitors. I imagine that not too many others will be willing to stand for this too much longer.
    I love the offerings you provide. But I fear this will be your downfall if you don't figure out how to balance the economy out.

10. Auction house on Nelth has pretty much died now. Very few items being listed compared to normal.

I'm seriouslly getting tired of working to buy items off of vendors only to have that gold halved before I can save up enough.

Being a casual player without a lot of time, this hurts me more as I don't have the time to farm it back up. Guess it's time I just go elsewhere.

11. it is obvious why they do the gold squish. when people can make gold the way the game was meant to be played, they have no need to buy it from warmane...its a cash grab----if you half the value of gold on the server...the value of the gold you sell to supporters just doubled...****s....charge 5 bucks a month for your profit instead...let the economy be, after all, all economies thrive when the government has nothing to ****ing do with it

12. If you want a HEALTHIER economy, do the gold squish, amount the gold that you've cut and distribute it equally among all characters / accounts on the realm. The rich will lose, the poor will gain. This decision would be healthy not yearly but even, monthly.
    What?
    How is that healthy?
    No one would ever bother to make any gold and just wait yearly free gold.
    People who know how to make gold would leave the server.

You are either:
    1. Stupid
    2. Evil

Which one is it?

13. Warmane is the king of the private servers project. Free to play parasites act like they deserved to have more and more or they will leave the server, that is cheap bluffing. Anyway i support this kind of idea, even 50% nerf is not enough, i would increase it, since dogs start barking on every minor changes.

14. Warmane is the king of the private servers project. Free to play parasites act like they deserved to have more and more or they will leave the server, that is cheap bluffing. Anyway i support this kind of idea, even 50% nerf is not enough, i would increase it, since dogs start barking on every minor changes.
    Your whole post is full of insults for casual players, players of bad financial status or simply younger generations that don't have an access to donations. And if majority of the community is against this move, how is it "dogs barking"? So let me tell this in a way you'll understand. You're an ******* who thinks with his wallet instead of his head. And if you think that Warmane is doing this for the welfare of players, especially new one as they claim, then you're not just an *******. You're a dumb, naive and / or blind *******.

15. With Guild Wars 2 I was giving around 50 a month, started to that here when this happy horse **** happened and now I'm not giving anything. If enough of us agree to pay $14.99 a month will you leave the market alone?

First ... 101819202122 ... Last