1. sad, very sad... my little gold leave me.

2. The previous gold squshes are why the economy was perfect when I came back to wow in October.

Funny thing is that I was going to buy gold for crafting in December when I found out that they devalue our gold every year and decided not to. It seemed that they had decided not to do this so yesterday I thought maybe it would be worth it but now I see a big Hell No on the website.

As far as I can see the spike in the AH is the only result of a gold squash. At the point that the prices level out in a month or so then the the squash will have turned 14 into 7 but until then they are turning 14 into 5.

3. I only skimmed the last few pages so someone maybe mentioned this...

you guys whining about the gold squish, has it not occurred to you that as the market inflates (as it has by almost 100% since I started playing on icecrown 6 months ago) that you're not already losing 50% of the value of your gold? And that problem is going to keep getting worse as inflation rates accelerate (as they do, right econ students?).

You might not like this, but this is preferable to doing nothing.

The long term solution is banning bots. If you want to do your part there, it's a pvp server, go kill them. Camp them. Make sure they can't farm for a while. Discourage the bot gold farmers any way you can.

And hopefully warmane will get their poop in a group and in addition to stopping the bots - REDUCE GOLD FROM QUEST REWARDS.

gl all.

4. Gold squish's goal is to reduce the price inflation... Although the recognized pattern of gold squishes from previous years makes people stockpile as much as they can on items at the end of the year so they don't end up on a loss... And the increased demand for items increases the price for items, creating inflation... Another 420 IQ move by the one and only warmane management. Battered hilt... Baby's gone up, hasn't it. https://imgur.com/a/ZfJZ6Yj
    Heyo, what tool was used for this graph? Is it something homemade or it is available online somewhere? I'd like to check quite a few of items.

5. Just another questionable decision. No point complaining though. No one will listen either way.

6. Heyo, what tool was used for this graph? Is it something homemade or it is available online somewhere? I'd like to check quite a few of items.
    Sure, gonna PM you the link.

I only skimmed the last few pages so someone maybe mentioned this...

you guys whining about the gold squish, has it not occurred to you that as the market inflates (as it has by almost 100% since I started playing on icecrown 6 months ago) that you're not already losing 50% of the value of your gold? And that problem is going to keep getting worse as inflation rates accelerate (as they do, right econ students?).
    You have been here since 6 months ago when the inflation was in-fact in check, yes. The fact that the community knows that there is a gold squish coming makes people want to buy more items so they can get richie rich after the squish and that causes high demand which in itself causes price inflation. Having a gold squish literally makes the rich people as rich while it diminishes devastating amounts from the poorer folks. I myself am from neither of these groups, but this is economy 101 sprinkled with some logic. Of course you cannot grasp that simply since you have a small observation chart and haven't been here for 3 years to notice the clearly obvious patterns that have been occurring. I do have a suggestion which I am about to post so it gets shunned away though, that might actually fix the inflation on this particular server.

7. Sure, gonna PM you the link.

You have been here since 6 months ago when the inflation was in-fact in check, yes. The fact that the community knows that there is a gold squish coming makes people want to buy more items so they can get richie rich after the squish and that causes high demand which in itself causes price inflation. Having a gold squish literally makes the rich people as rich while it diminishes devastating amounts from the poorer folks. I myself am from neither of these groups, but this is economy 101 sprinkled with some logic. Of course you cannot grasp that simply since you have a small observation chart and haven't been here for 3 years to notice the clearly obvious patterns that have been occurring. I do have a suggestion which I am about to post so it gets shunned away though, that might actually fix the inflation on this particular server.
    Then tell my what the inflation was in check when I started 6 months ago and what happened to break it?

8. Economy 101, Inflation is always a monetary phenomenon. The more gold there is the more inflated prices are. Cut gold by half and every price will be cut by half, but of course it will take a little bit of time to find the balance.

The people who complain about "thanks for taking half my gold" don't understand anything about economics. Go forward Warmane devs, inflation is a serious issue!

9. This is the third consecutive year a gold squish is brought upon the economy and i think we would be better off skipping this one and reserving it for at least next year, i'm speaking as a casual player on Frostwolf, this manœuvre will do more harm than good over there considering the low traffic that realm is seeing.
    The Auction House is extremely under-active, at the moment, and making it harder for players to acquire items, especially for new players, would only make them and any other potentially new comers stray away from giving Mists of Pandaria a try.

I can't speak for other Expansions/Realms, but i think it would be wiser to exonerate Frostwolf for this Gold Squish, or at the very least lower the percentage of it to something a tad less staggering than 50%.

I verily hope you, the staff, would take these suggestion in consideration, as well as aforementioned proposals and/or complaints, regarding this same point, penned by other fellow community members, who i also hope shall support this opinion.

10. Economy 101, Inflation is always a monetary phenomenon. The more gold there is the more inflated prices are. Cut gold by half and every price will be cut by half, but of course it will take a little bit of time to find the balance.

The people who complain about "thanks for taking half my gold" don't understand anything about economics. Go forward Warmane devs, inflation is a serious issue!
    When you say 10 is now 5 you've done nothing really, it takes just as much harvesting/crafting/raiding to buy the same amount of stuff as it did before. And that's only after the economy recovers from what they're doing to it. So the only result from the squash is the inflation that it causes. Because of the squash they have caused the gold I bought with cash to devalue.

The only reason I can see for why they're doing this is so that when new people look at the ah they don't feel overwhelmed by the numbers they see. It certainly isn't going to make anything more affordable for them. No one could ever afford to to buy leveling gear when they started out even after they figured out which end of the mining pick makes the money so its just doing the opposite of what they say they're doing so people perceive things as being cheaper.

11. So I see a lot of players are pissed off from the squish and I Just wanna explain how it work {im Just talking abouth Icecrown realm, I do not play in other realms and I am not sure if its the same} . The thing is that there is too much gold in the and what happens when there is too much of a certain value? It gets less worth that is what inflation is. And yes after the squish there Will be inflation again, but for a short time Just so things can rearrange on how they are suppossed to be. There cant be a certain amouth of gold in the server, cos its a game and mobs drop gold and ****... Its an easy solution and its done to prevent bigger issues like having too much gold in the realm, lets say now there is 100 bilion in the whole realm and the number gets bigger and bigger and only a certain group of like 100 players gold the market and arrange the prices, lets say they have 95 bilion gold and the other 5 B is spreath around the other players, so rn the cost of a primordial is like 1k gold but if there happen to be 1 trilion gold in the server, a primordial would cost rougjly 10k gold, poor players Will become even more broke and rich Will not have a way of selling things cus of higj prices... Long story short-its a healthy and a good thing. Now go invest in items!

12. Economy 101, Inflation is always a monetary phenomenon. The more gold there is the more inflated prices are. Cut gold by half and every price will be cut by half, but of course it will take a little bit of time to find the balance.

Economy 101 works differently in different economic environments. This squish really doesn't take half the gold from everyone. It takes half the gold from people who use it for purchasing services such as that guy that just dinged level 80 and has been farming gold for the last 5 days to get some BoE's so he can get in rhc. What the gold squish takes from people that know it is coming and have an actual grasp of economy 101 is absolutely nothing, as I will go as far as buying http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Thick_Fur_Clothing_Scraps from people from 75 silver instead of the 50 they would vendor it for so I am not at a loss when I vendor it back after the squish. The squish isn't going to affect me in the SLIGHTEST. The reason I am posting here is because it is rather unfair to those who I mentioned - Jimmy Johnington, farming gold for his Savage Saronite set day in and day out and because it is not a long term solution but rather, makes things worse.

Then tell my what the inflation was in check when I started 6 months ago and what happened to break it?
    I pretty much did if you took your time to read. It's people like me who are the problem and cause the inflation, not the large amounts of gold.
    Months 0 - 2 after the gold squish: Convert all the materials back into gold; sell gold and profit with coins.
    Months 3 - 4 after the gold squish: Farm a baseline amount of gold so you can start buying out materials while they are still at a low price.
    Months 5-7 start buying the crap out of items in bulk, filling 3-4 banks in the process. By doing that you increase the demand and the prices.
    Months 8--12 OMG EVERYTHING IS SO INFLATED WE CANNOT BUY ANYTHING OFF THE AH OMFG!!!!
    Rinse; Repeat; Suffer.

13. As someone who just started playing on the server last week, and immediately noticed the high AH prices...

I really wish they would make an exception for young accounts, or young accounts below a certain level of gold. Like, c'mon. I'm struggling to keep up with training prices as it is, and can't afford to buy any gear (which removing gold from circulation may address to some tiny degree)... I don't want to go farm gathering mats - I want to play and level.

Like sure, I may only lose like 10-50g, but I need that for training!

14. My opinion on the matter in hand

Well first of all im sure that noone in power will read this input, mainly because it will be lost in the sea of posts, but i will try anyway.

Ok, im not against the idea of creating mechanism to improve the economical situation on realms. But I see some problems that may be avoided. And maybe some solutions?

First and foremost. #NotEveryRealmIsTheSame I am sure that there are no nobel prize wining economists in Warmane staff but I do hope that you guys have someone who has some idea whats he doing. Right now it seems you does not. Why is that? Well to implement the Goldhammer on every realm with same strenght is really absurd. Im sure that health of the economy wastly differs by realms and some of them should be preserved. Or if not preserved then staff should implement (on these realms) less aggressive policy.

Second. Its really, REALLY bad to do announce this policy because it creates possibility to buy out AH and then sell with big margin and deflate the economy right from the start. I am sure that right now Warmane Millionaires are taking AH by storm. And when goldhammer strikes, they will sell these items with margin, forcing players to farm more and in fact hurt the economy even more.

I am not trying to tell you what to do. Warmane is really great and for sure there are people in staff that know what they are doing, but some input never hurts.

So question stands. How to improve economy realm-by-realm in long run.

First I would raise taxes. Sure, in real world this would not help because currency will stay in the economy but WoW taxes are in fact deleting currency from the circulation so it should be the main gold sink. I mean, adding bigger taxes (AH Cut) for AH on items that are expensive (+1-2k gold - depending on realm ofc) would help a bit. Also increasing repair costs on max lvl chars. Maybe even increase costs of luxury items (f.e.: bank slots, dual talent specs, guild creation, adding cost to upgrade item set pieces (T9 to T10), increasing cost of items from vendors that are needed for max lvl proffesion recipes and the max lvl consumables, small fee to use ports in Shattrat/Dalaran and I can go on and on...)

Second, decrease daily quest/loot gold from raids and maybe even dungeons so less money is beeing added to the economy so these mechanisms are in equilibrium with gold "printing".

Third thing to do, at least in my opinion that could be wrong of course, is to add special Warmane currency that is possible to buy with ingame gold and then spent on various items. It would help AH players (because AH is a game-in-the-game) to get some EQ and "sink" a lot of money. It would also increase use of AH and therefore also taxing will delete more gold from economy. Right now its possible (im not talking about Loarderon which should have really specific set of these policies) to buy items by coins/points and thats creating a lot of money that is not spent, because players dont need to pay 20x repair cost when they wipe 20x on one raid just to get one item. So it would also add to the balance of economy.

All of this, if taken in consideration, should be tinkered with and policies should be updated if not weekly, then at least monthly. So they could adapt and answer the everchangin realm of economy in game. Sure, its much more harder than just delete 50% of gold, but in long run it will help the server much more.

Ok, well, my coffee is done and so is this post. I would be happy to help if help is needed, and if not its OK. Its just a game and I dont mind loosing some game gold.

15. First and foremost. #NotEveryRealmIsTheSame
    This is something that they either ignore or don't care about. Last year they said their analysis showed it had a good effect on things but no way in hell it was good for frostwolf and then nelth. I really don't get why after the first wipe methods weren't put in place to decrease the gold generated in game that would of been the sensible choice. I still would like to see the analytics of the effects these wipes had on each realm if some staff can actually share them.
    This wipe isn't bothering me as much as I expect we will see the closure of frostwolf this year so gold wont matter much anyways.

First ... 91011121321 ... Last