1. you are wrong... low levels can't use auction house because item that should cost around 20 gold here cost 200 gold. Its because of gold inflation and cut is must do. best example is flask, 1 flask on retail 3.3.5 was 15g and here is above 100 gold. 800 % more... best cut would be like 75 % so ah prices get a bit blizz like. telling you from my own experience i get like 10 000 gold per day from ah(its not normal at all) because prices are overpriced i selling gems for 450 gold each these days XD. lichbloom stack 1000 gold. woho.

2. Maybe if we did it stealthily, but then that could be seen as dishonest. Which means we'd most likely need to let people know about it ahead of time, which would then give these people time to distribute their gold across multiple characters and accounts.
    You aren't really letting PEOPLE know ahead of time though, are you? I mean you are letting SOME people know ahead of time but most certainly not everybody that needs to know. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people don't really care to enter the website for more than to get their daily vote points. My bookmark was www.warmane.com/account for the longest time since I didn't necessarily care about the announcements and just wanted to play the game. With the gold squish, everybody who doesn't open the front page is guaranteed to be punished and I can assure you that if you go on Icecrown's trade and ask: "when is gold squish happening" one person will tell you the date and five will ask you what a gold squish is.

Previous years, you announced it in-game and people could prepare more for it; the fact that you aren't announcing it in-game so people cannot prepare for it is in its way being stealthy about it, a.k.a. what you yourself labelled as dishonest.

3. Problem is, even if you reduce gold by bigger number or just remove gold, the problem will still be here after some 7-8 months. Flasks will cost those 80g again and keep rising.
    Problem is that more gold is created than destroyed. Even with everything blizzlike it would be like that, it is made with expac to expac in mind. Icecrown is popular because of higher rates. Reducing gold rates will be harmful in long run. Squish is lesser of evils, yet still harmful because lots of people refuse to participate in economy, effect is ..idk paradoxical?

True and permanent solution would be creating new branches of economy and adjusting existing. Increasing repair costs. Quadrupling food costs from vendor to awaken new food market. Increasing reagent costs from vendors. Provide custom ways to spend gold, maybe like auction 100 "1 months que skip" slots each month.

4. Yeah thanks for telling us that In-game (like in the red posts when some1 being banned) so we, ****ing *****s, wouldn't buy gold for coin BEFORE the squish. Who the **** cares about the site at all if its not necessary? Jesus guys... Its ****ed up.
    And where do You buy gold for coins then, huh?

xD

5. Good. 500 gold for a flask and 600 gold for a gem is ridiculous ;p

6. Good. 500 gold for a flask and 600 gold for a gem is ridiculous ;p
    No it's not ridiculous. It's logical and expected consequence of previous squishes and announcement of this squish.

Open this link in new tab - https://www.wow-auctionhouse.com/war...+ruby&time=all

You see price for Cardinal Ruby is reliably 200-220 g whole year and it start's to increase at the end of October. That is the effect of previous 2 squishes. Then you see price skyrocket after this squish is announced.

You really think there appeared triple the gold that were in economy somehow in 1 day? It has nothing to do with gold amount in realm.

7. flasks are normally 100-200g, gems are usually around 250-300 for most of last year. these prices have doubled/tripled recently ;p with the gold squish tho prices will have to come down again or not many will afford/buy them. Just my view is all :)

8. you are wrong... low levels can't use auction house because item that should cost around 20 gold here cost 200 gold. Its because of gold inflation and cut is must do. best example is flask, 1 flask on retail 3.3.5 was 15g and here is above 100 gold. 800 % more... best cut would be like 75 % so ah prices get a bit blizz like. telling you from my own experience i get like 10 000 gold per day from ah(its not normal at all) because prices are overpriced i selling gems for 450 gold each these days XD. lichbloom stack 1000 gold. woho.
    And that's only because the gold squish was announced. If it wasn't, the prices would remain the same. Also, you can't compare retail prices with Icecrown realm, since if the gold rates are x7 of what it was on retail, wouldn't you expect that the prices would be x7? Which is not far from your "800%" higher prices. In the long run, this gold squish doesn't change a god damn thing. All it does is creating chaos with the prices in these 2 months.

9. Right now You can 'passively' generate more gold per week than most people made across the entirety of Vanilla WoW. That´s inflation. All countries has 2% to 4% inflation estimation rate per year. And want the biggest number in the economy´s grow (+5% - 10% because you "upgrade" the living standar in like 10 years at this pace).

But in WoW you dont has social or economic grow. The "State" dont produce a thing -only reproduce the same item, like a mount or- and the private investment does not exist. You only can Stock goods.

Gold becomes a good, not an exchange currency, losing its usefulness. So Blizzard and Warmane then invented the "tokens". But when you bought everything that was in the market, has lot of characters in this 10 years and you overpasses the 6k GS each, again, tokens goes as goods.

The thing with the market in WoW its: You can have aggressive behavior, and nobody does anything against that behavior.

Warmane or Blizzard dont goes and says "this item that you bougth at 100 dont had this price, why someone sell it at 100? why you had 100 to buy this thing overpriced?". "Money laundering" its the thing that not Blizzard and Warmane stopped 3 years ago with the squish, dont gonna do it now.

So whatever, You attacked the consequenses of the problem with the disscution about 50% Gold Squish. If no one going to regulate the Market, then with the other 50% gold/money You can stock all again in no time.

This time, i think, Warmane staff went for the "Coin Buyers" that buyed gold before the squish, because the thing was a real 50% "currency" squish. I like that idea.

I suggest that some Warmane Staff´s Member observe a group of resaleable goods and see the stability of their prices, and when "someone" buys and resells over the standard, THE GOODS ARE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY TO THE SELLER, to remove goods from circulation with surcharge.

10. Ok lets get real simple with this. Just because you've hear a word before and kind of have some idea of what that word means doesn't mean you understand what you're saying. There are so many posts speaking with "authority" on this subject that have no clue what economic inflation is or what it means.

in·fla·tion
    /inˈflāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    noun: inflation
    1. the action of inflating something or the condition of being inflated.
    "the inflation of a balloon"
    2. Economics
    a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.

So you're thinking of the first definition of inflation where you see big numbers everywhere in the ah and think that its inflation.
    Economic inflation is a bad thing because you have ceo's and stockholders that want to charge people high amounts and pay people nothing. So prices go up and the bottom drops out of people ability to earn money all the wile telling people that this is good for your society because if we pay you nothing we wont charge you quite as much for our already inflated products.

Now video game economy has only a few similarity with real life economy so if know a little about economics it doesn't mean you know anything about video game economics. One example of the differences is if microsoft stock is up it has nothing to do with almost everyone in the world, you can't make money off it without having lots of money. In a video game when "microsoft" is up you grab your microsoft mining stick run around picking it up off the ground and start selling microsoft stock. If the markets up the guy that's making 300% off borean leather isn't a ceo or stockholder that guy is you. Every inflated price means inflated income for the player base. As its been said before the prices are not inflated the prices are exactly where they would normally be in a X3 economy which at one time was X7.

The only thing the squash dose is cause inflation and then after a few months of not being able to craft without farming every single mat yourself it goes back to normal. Let me say that again IT GOES BACK TO NORMAL meaning absolutely nothing beneficial happened at all, it didn't help a single person... well except for the people that don't need money anymore and are just inflating the ah prices to go from rich to rich. The millionaires who are complaining are not the problem also, they earned their money and just like to watch it get higher and higher from raids/heroics. The problem ones are the people saying "Yes bring it on!" and making troll comments saying that the squash is needed and will help so they can continue to manipulate the market.

One example of not inflation is in Eve the big spaceships new people see and want don't cost thousand they cost hundreds of millions to trillions and you can't afford any of them because of big numbers. Those numbers are not "inflated" because you make hundreds of millions a day once you get skills and big ships.

Instead of cutting money in half they could literally double, triple, quadruple etc all our money and that item you want that you need a thousand percent more gold for than you have and you would still be a thousand percent away. They could cut gold by 99% and you would still would be a thousand percent away.

I saw a new player saying that he just barely has enough for his flying mount and the cut will hurt him not help him. I believe that's a part of why this happening. There's a bunch of "deadbeat" games that donated 10, then blew through the money on their first toon and are happy scraping by making just enough. Now he will have to buy coins to buy gold to get by. There's more behind the scenes than that but if you have some idea what numbers are and how they work to me this squash obviously has nothing our economy and every thing to do with their economy. I can understand if they're having trouble paying employees because of low donations that they would need to do something but how about that thing not be screwing up the economy so I can go back to crafting and not have to wait 3 months or more* for the market to normalize.

*because math is hard the month before, the month of, and the month after +/- is 3 or more months of them doing this to the market.

11. blah blah blah boo hoo hoo my gold.
    fixed that for you.

12. So how is possible to make goals to buy something expensive like sky golem or crafted epics knowing that this is happening every year...

13. I'm too dense and shallow to comprehend what you just wrote, especially due to all the complex sentences. So I'm just gonna insult you and your opinion.
    Fixed that for you too.

First ... 51314151617 ... Last