1. Blood dk DPS

Hi friends, i want to know your thoughts about blood dps in pve, cuz i saw a guy from high end guild plays blood dk with t8 set (with SM) and he told me that that build beats frost or unholy in dps. I am up to get that build, atm i am not full but even not arp capped with 5.3 gs, i beated much 5.8-5.9 f-u dks.. so i see it can be truth, but any thoughts?

Also thoughts about blood in pve in global as dps, are agility items good for dks, build like warrs use and so on.

Ty in advance, cheers

2. Yea, Blood is the BEST DPS SPEC OUT THERE!
    The less gear score you have, the more DPS you will do.
    You dont even need Shadowmourne nor the armor pen cap, just by going Blood you are making the game want you to win all battles everywhere at any given time in space.
    Having less gear will always come in handy as an excuse why your dps is a bit lower than it should be on top of all of that.
    You will 100% beat any Frost or Unholy DK with Blood spec if they are handicapped.
    I once ran into a 5k GS Blood DK in FoS that did 3k dps, which is MORE THAN 50% OF HIS GEAR SCORE, WOW!
    Also, Blood spec makes the game sooooo fun, you spam Heart Strike all day long, such fun, much dmg, WOW AGAIN!

On a serious note:
    The one who told you that Blood beats Frost and Unholy, especially at lower gear score, has no clue what he is talking about.
    No, Blood does NOT beat Frost or Unholy spec at any time of the game, if both DKs are equally geared and skilled.
    This is how 3.3.5a works, and you cant change it "sadly".
    You can wish for it to be better, and more "fun" to play, but there is nothing better nor more fun about Blood.
    Frost has more complicated and rewarding rotation.
    Unholy has more chill and range/target swap/aoe friendly rotation.
    Blood is a highly melee required spec that has bad switching target dps.

You will always find "Blood Heroes" that will tell you how Blood is life, how Blood is wonderfull, fun, good DPS.
    No.

Learn how to play Frost or Unholy and you will be better.

3. Hi friends, i want to know your thoughts about blood dps in pve, cuz i saw a guy from high end guild plays blood dk with t8 set (with SM) and he told me that that build beats frost or unholy in dps. I am up to get that build, atm i am not full but even not arp capped with 5.3 gs, i beated much 5.8-5.9 f-u dks.. so i see it can be truth, but any thoughts?
    First off, T8 is an extreme downgrade compared to T10. Not only in terms of stats, but the bonuses on T10 eclipse those of T8 by such a margin that you'd have to be an actual moron to prefer T8 over T10. This won't hold true if for some reason either of the T8 bonuses is bugged in some extraordiary fashion.

Secondly, the person you talked to is likely to have dps raced against some pretty bad frost/unh dks. There's no way to tell w/o actually going to the raids he's been to, but my guess is that:

1) the other dks can't play their specs well

and/or

2) he's so far ahead of them in terms of gear progression that it's no wonder he's pulling ahead

Lastly, the agility items available at the end-game should be very nice for blood as they are for almost all of the melee specs in the game.
    Edited: January 16, 2019

4. Ty for answers guys, its not about lower gs its about set and bonus of t8, the guy is in high end guild of warmane so he is not for sure overskilled over the all plyers in guild, also you have guide where t9 set is over t10 for unholy dks, as i said i am up to test t8 build, and for now i am beating a lot of dks over gs above me and i am not arp capped and no bis trinkets, maybe that build is about you need to be rly bis to be ovde other specs idk, i will test and post results.
    Also in terms of stats t10 over t8 is not that big about 250 str but bonus is way better in t8 than in t10 for blood. Also in dps tests that i have so far in raid full buffed in this t8 build you hit way more with HS over DS, usually blood dk hit more with DS but in this build HS is stronger and its main source of DPS, cuz you can hit 5x in row, also DRW is fixed so it can be truth who knows, i will test for sure. Cheers

5. the guy is in high end guild of warmane
    This doesn't mean much.
    also you have guide where t9 set is over t10 for unholy dks
    There's no such thing. T9 unholy is in no way superior to T10 unholy (aside from trash clearing).

Also in terms of stats t10 over t8 is not that big about 250 str but bonus is way better in t8 than in t10 for blood. Also in dps tests that i have so far in raid full buffed in this t8 build you hit way more with HS over DS, usually blood dk hit more with DS but in this build HS is stronger and its main source of DPS,
    T8
    "2 pieces: Increases the critical strike chance of Death Coil and Frost Strike by 8%.
    4 pieces: Increases the bonus damage done per disease by 20% on Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Obliterate, and Scourge Strike."

T10
    "2 pieces: Your Obliterate and Scourge Strike abilities deal 10% increased damage, and your Heart Strike ability deals 7% increased damage.
    4 pieces: Whenever all your runes are on cooldown, you gain 3% increased damage done with weapons, spells, and abilities for the next 15 sec."

The 2pT8 is completely irrelevant as a set bonus. 4pT8 is pretty good all things considered, but it only affects heart strike. Meanwhile, the 2pT10 isn't as powerful as the 4pT8, but the 4pT10 more than makes up for it. 4pT10 is a flat 3% increase to all of your damage. It's an incredibly strong tier bonus. The difference of stats per piece is ~60-80 str, 50 crit rate and 60 arp depending on what slot we're talking about. Not to mention the sub-par socket bonuses and sockets in general. There is no argument to be made for T8 use (outside of some ridiculous bug), period.

6. Yea i know difference but from now so far its rly getting good as far as i test, cuz 40% dmg on HS is way more than whole set bonus of t10, maybe thats the point, and in blood HS is 1st in dps list so its main source of dps.

Check armory http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/profile

I have unholy spec and blood t8 spec and since now i have more dps in blood t8 build than in unholy gear.. idk i am rly excited to test, but for sure you need to be bis to be over other classes. I would personally change some parts that Sectumsempro have atm, like in rawr i made build with RS 25hc feet, ring from rep, so its more str, and 480 at power more, so it will be more dps for sure.

7. One more thing it is funny to play for sure cuz 99% plays frost or unholy, and its not bad cuz i am testing, not full atm but so good so i belive it can be better at BIS full build, cuz dps is insane as far as i test

8. I think Gnimo and Rikofelt should stop bashing blood just because they hate it. The only thing I can say is that on blood you MAY be able to surpass FDK and UHDK on single target, tank and spank fight, but on the other hand the buff blood gives to the raid is quite useless ( since most of the time there will be a hunter on your raid or another dk blood tank) and turns out to be quite bad on swapping targets/aoe fights. But if you like to see big crits and high burst on the start of the fights probably blood is the spec you wanna go. Anyways I don't think the dps improvement will be that high and I doubt you willl be taken on a raid over the other 2 specs just because blood brings almost 0 utility to a raid. Anyways you are free to choose and play the spec you want and if you wanna play as blood dps you should go ahead as long as it turns to be fun for you, just make sure to raid with people that take you according to your spec.

9. I think Gnimo and Rikofelt should stop bashing blood just because they hate it.
    1) I didn't bash the spec in this thread.
    2) I bashed the person playing it for using T8 instead of T10 as doing so truly is moronic. There's no excuse to do that aside from not having T10.

10. blood dps is nice for ppl that doesnt know much about another two spec, and i can tell as some1 who love to play blood dps " blood can shine only on fester and non another boss at all icc and even there fdk and udk can out preform him "

11. Man, dont speak when you didnt try :D its not moronic, t8 is better for blood over t10 belive or not, i just wanted to know other opinions nad does anyone trys it, i am testing it a long time and its just better, try and you will see, idk what to say.

12. Man, dont speak when you didnt try :D its not moronic, t8 is better for blood over t10 belive or not, i just wanted to know other opinions nad does anyone trys it, i am testing it a long time and its just better, try and you will see, idk what to say.
    You're dropping over 280 str, 230 arp, 230 crit, 3% overall damage in exchange for 50 haste, 50 expertise and 30 hit and some damage on heartstrike.

There's no way that's going to work, besides involving a major bug. That's like claiming your Prius is able to outrace my GT3 - it's not going to happen.
    Edited: January 19, 2019

13. Man, dont speak when you didnt try :D its not moronic, t8 is better for blood over t10 belive or not, i just wanted to know other opinions nad does anyone trys it, i am testing it a long time and its just better, try and you will see, idk what to say.
    There is no need for me to try it in the game. It's not hard to see how t8 is dog**** compared to t10. If you don't understand why based on the previous comment then I'm sorry (not really) but you're also as much of an ***** as that blood oath guy.

It's as I've said above, the only excuse to be T8 is if you don't have T10 or T8 is extremely bugged, period.

P.S. Kahories, while not being able to model blood 100% accurately, predicts ~3.2k dps drop from going T8 over T10 and the damage of HS(T8) to HS(T10) is:

Average normal and Average Critical
    14013 (T8) vs 17309 (T10) 20857 (T8) vs 23710 (T10)

14. I dont know if my English knowledge is bad but:
    http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=70655
    seems a lot better than
    http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=64736
    to me... I might be ******ed, but i doubt it.
    One increases overall DMG of the ability, while other only increases the Disease increase part.
    I really dont understand why would you ever want to go for this set bonus.
    Im not even gona talk about the 2set T8 bonus, but for some reason, people think that T10 4set bonus is worth nothing. I really dont know what pipe are u smoking, but 3% overall dmg increase on everything you do, is a strong set bonus you dont want to avoid.

P.S. I dont bash Blood spec, as i said, if you have some mongoloid "fun" spec that goes 23/23/23 and you want to play it, go for it, just dont go around flapping with it saying its the best god damn spec out there.
    If you come here and say something like "my mongo spec/itemisation" is better and it does more DPS than actually working and great dps specs like Unholy and Frost, than my friend, dont expect good comments coming your way.

Edit:
    https://imgur.com/a/aVRS42Q
    Notice the RED PART IN THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER.
    If you think that any Set Bonus will make up for that many stats lost, good luck my friend.

Stat difference, since i guess u wont be able to understand:
    297 Strength from gear only,
    U lose 51 Expertise, which means you will have to find it in another item and lose Crit/Strength/ArmorPen in the process,
    U lose 245 Armor Penetration, which means you will have to GEM for it, which means you will lose another 245 Strength.
    U gain 122 Haste, which is as useless as it gets.
    U gain 41 Hit, which theoretically can be transfered in Strength or Armor Penetration if you find a good item to swap, maybe go for http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47545 instead of http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=47547 if you needed Varians for hit cap. This, btw, is not a great "Upgrade" or item change you want to go for.
    Oh yea, you also lose 230 Crit rating, lets not forget how much increased dmg our crits do in comparison to normal.

So, OVERALL stat difference
    501 Strength lost (if you want to get to armor pen cap @90%), 51 Expertise less, 230 Crit less, 122 Haste more.
    Good luck with this working out for you. :D

I know Blind alrdy said this, but i guess we might need to tell him more than once to realise.
    Edited: January 19, 2019

15. Don't listen to the haters, keep on rolling 4pt t8, it was bis until cata.
    I'm sure there's a always 16th alt run for your DK.

Now, srsly tho, on Gnimo's guides I'm pretty sure I've seen some recount screenshots backing up his points, sooo, you gonna post some to prove the rest of the world wrong?

123 Last