1. The worst class/spec for Battlegrounds

It is not uncommon to see discussions or questions regarding the best class, be it for PvE DPS, best in arena, BGs, 1v1 etc.
    Yet here's a question we seldomly ask or talk openly about: What the worst classes/specs for X things are.

In this thread we'll discuss what we percieve to be the WORST 3 classes/specs for Battlegrounds in the classical terms of getting Killing Blows, being high on DPS or just surviving. In other words these are the classes/specs you would never recommend anyone to ever roll.
    I'll start off:

1. Warlocks. They are quite clunky and immobile and often requires being completely left alone to be deadly (which seldomly happens). No matter what spec you roll with, your defensive CDs are few and does not really aid you, especially when you find yourself fighting two or more. Affliction lacks damage and the UA dispell protection is laughable, demonology is reliant on 1 immense CD which can be countered quite easily. Destro is the most potent of the specs but is still a bit too low on damage and the problem of choosing between the Succubus and Felpuppy is annoying. Not to mention the clunky mechanic of Demonic Circle placement whilst moving around a lot.

2. Druids. As boomkins they lack burst and survival. Like the warlocks they need to be completely left alone in order to be deadly, yet sadly those big owl toons really work as attention magnets for the enemy. As ferals they have somewhat more reliable damage but are still vulnerable to certain forms of CC. They bleeds are deadly and the Bites can indeed hurt, but they need time to build that up which can be difficult to get.

3. Mages. While mages may be quite good for 1v1 they fall short in BGs. Fire (while a fun spec to mess around with at time with LB spam) is short on burst damage, lack survival and effective defensive CDs. The very few good spells/talents that come out of this spec (Blazing Speed, Fiery Payback, Molten Shields and Hot Streak) are so luck dependant that they can never be relied on.
    Frost is naturally a very powerful spec for 1v1 scenarios (if the player can play it), but in BGs it becomes a hassle because of its lack of good burst without first outmanoeuvring the enemy (forcing their CDs etc), and you normally do not have much time before reinforcements from either the enemy's or your side show up to join the fray.
    Arcane is pure wild west style - you blow up the enemy first and you win. The downsides of this spec is that the rotation of Arcane Blast spam is obvious and quite easy to counter. Overall the spec is very CD/freecast dependant.

What classes/specs do you find to be the worst for Battlegrounds? Please, share your thoughts!

2. I find boomkins quite deadly, due to starfall, and bearform, barskin for survival.
    Im playing my mage, and im usually in the middle of the fights and never dying due to having iceblocks, blinks etc
    Resto shaman seems to be the worst healer, due to going oom on long fights and healing reduction counters every cd the shaman has and makes it completly useless. Also Riptide healing for 3k(1.5 if healing reduction), thats the only instant heal from a shaman.
    Warlocks with a healer are deadly, affliction for long fights against premades, or a destro warlock using his AoE Stun on the whole BG group into an AoE fear is pretty good. Warlock is the tankiest of all clothes, lacks cds, but if well positioned, its fine.
    Rogues are a double edged sword. They can 1shot someone, but not a full geared player, and you literally get 1shoted by a warrior or any caster the first moment they see you. Your cds are really long, and after cloak vanish, you have to sit stealthed and watch the battle or open again and die.

3. 2. Druids. As boomkins they lack burst and survival. Like the warlocks they need to be completely left alone in order to be deadly, yet sadly those big owl toons really work as attention magnets for the enemy. As ferals they have somewhat more reliable damage but are still vulnerable to certain forms of CC. They bleeds are deadly and the Bites can indeed hurt, but they need time to build that up which can be difficult to get.
    Everything you’ve said about boomkins is true, but you keep forgetting that boomkin if played very well (this excludes 95% of boomkin players, including me) is a serious pain in the butt and a very very valuable asset. Typhoon and Starfall are probably one of the best abilities for BG.
    * Typhoon is a 20 sec cd pain in the butt to whole group of enemies, as well as single targets. It’s not to be underrestimated. One Boomie using this right can influence the outcome of many fights. Not to mention that you can throw people off cliffs.
    * Starfall is completely different,but it’s an awesome pressure ability to everyone around. Starfall damage of a geared boomkin is just crazy, making it hard to heal up for any healer.
    * I wouldn’t underrestimate Wrath and Dots. Damage isn’t crazy constantly, but in the right moment it is. Also, if you’re going to do BG’s mostly through a premade, with friends and healers, everything I’m saying and MORE becomes possible. Just don’t go full PvE, you’ll need at least three healers on your butt.
    * Being a Druid: Do I need to add anything else? Every smart boomie is in the support role. You DPS, Heal and CC at the same time.

However, I do agree that Boomkin probably has most weak spots compared to other classes, but it’s very useful and has it’s place. It’s also NOT FOR EVERYONE. No DPS WHORE should ever play Boomkin. Boomkin is just way more than a brainless three button clicker who thinks 20:0 is going to make his penis bigger (excluding SotA, p. enlargements do happen there).

Edit: In my mind there are no WRONG or BAD classes for BG. I strongly believe that everyone has it’s place, although I do agree that not every class delivers the same, but **** it - let’s all be retribution paladins and resto druids and job’s done, because they deliver the most by pressing 3-5 buttons. Problem starts when *****s are playing (I’m using the word *****s, because it’s not specifically tied to gearscore or game/class knowledge) and you just can’t help it.

@Feral - never played it, but I’ve seen Ferals who’re cutting through people dealing millions of damage in BG’s while also being very, very hard to kill. Soo.. must be the skill factor.
    Edited: January 17, 2019

4. Frost DK is the worst spec for bgs no contest here. I'd even say barely viable. Without a heavy premade or some dedicated healers you'll get one shot by anything and the burst relies on cc that can be easily dispelled. It's pretty good for arenas however.

Ench shaman - idk been playing one lately and i am not really happy with the performance, not totally incompetent but it's underwhelming

For the third spec i am torn between survival and BM hunter but survival at least can spread it's dots on target affected by UA or VT and evade dispel that way so my vote goes to BM - pet will die in two hits against bis rets/wars and it's gg

I'll not comment on your warlock statements but i'll just mention that if the guy on the other side knows how to play aff lock - that is the scariest thing you'll fight - i'd rather take 2 bis rets or wars than 1 good aff.

5. How can you say warlocks and boomkins are bad in bgs, lol is beyond my comprehension.

A destro warlock has everything, high survivability, high damage, high burst, lots of cc, it has decent aoes. It can wreck in both 1v1 and group fights.
    Boomkins probably not the best choice for 1v1, but in huge fights and bgs they shine.

I can agree on frost mage, a frost mage is indeed nothing special in bg. But fire mage... a fire mage in AV is the top dps by a large margin and the king of aoe.

I would probably say, as my 3 "worst bg classes/spec"

-rogue: long cds, rely to stealth, quite squishy if taken by surprise, not big aoe, combo points system is a disadvantage when need to swap a lot, blind and sap break on damage : not the perfect class in a group fight with a lot of aoes.

-frost mage: probably same reasons as rogue, lack of huge burst and dmg compared to others, and his main strength, the ccs, require no dmg to break and are not reliable in a chaotic fight.

-enha shaman: I never played enha so correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't seem to shine in bgs: no decent aoe and survivability compared to better choices.

6. Typhoon is a 20 sec cd pain in the butt
    17s with glyph. Now add another balance to the group, especially if it's a medium to big bg and rip the other team casts.

"Starfall" ... starfall + hurricane from 2 owls = love.

"You DPS, Heal and CC at the same time" ... true. But very few do that. Most people are too braindead and can't see past "muh damage big, muh killz big"

7. 17s with glyph. Now add another balance to the group, especially if it's a medium to big bg and rip the other team casts.

"Starfall" ... starfall + hurricane from 2 owls = love.

"You DPS, Heal and CC at the same time" ... true. But very few do that. Most people are too braindead and can't see past "muh damage big, muh killz big"
    That’s right! I Remember one situation where we were winning an AV (ally side) and as a group trying to push through the passage under Iceblood GY. That was ****ing impossible due to two boomkins constantly Typhooning us. Every 10 (or like you say, every 8.5 seconds) there’s a ****ing Typhoon and daze. Demoralizing.

Those brainded people are guilty such classes aren’t played well and are also responsible for lack of healers in BG’s and generally in PvP. Everyone wants to DPS, because healing is for girls.

8. Worst class for BGs (in particular 40 man BGs) and any large scale battle is definitely Enh shami.
    Beeing a squishy melee with barely any defensive CDs, barely any aoe dmg and only mediocre single target dmg at its best, makes this spec the worst damage dealer in large scale battles.

9. How can you say warlocks and boomkins are bad in bgs, lol is beyond my comprehension.
    I would say due to the weak damage in comparison to say hunters, rets, wars, DKs and SPs which is also instant.
    A destro warlock has everything, high survivability, high damage, high burst, lots of cc, it has decent aoes. It can wreck in both 1v1 and group fights.
    Boomkins probably not the best choice for 1v1, but in huge fights and bgs they shine.
    Haha I personally find them to have next to nothing. You are first of all stuck deciding upon succubus or felhunter aka losing to melee or casters! Then you have the damage which is pathetic minding the 1,5 seconds + casts compared to the even higher damage from instant hitting hunters, rets, warriors etc. The greatest defensive CD Demonic Circle is almost always out of play since you move around so much you basically need to re-cast it every 10 seconds. xD
    I can agree on frost mage, a frost mage is indeed nothing special in bg. But fire mage... a fire mage in AV is the top dps by a large margin and the king of aoe.
    Minding those 800 ticks and 1,8k bomb releases with Living Bomb in full BiS I hardly ever see that happening. :P

10. I would say due to the weak damage in comparison to say hunters, rets, wars, DKs and SPs which is also instant.
    There's your problem right there, you think damage is the most important thing in the world. Facepalm.

11. There's your problem right there, you think damage is the most important thing in the world. Facepalm.
    No I think damage is the most important thing when you seek to get a lot of KBs and damage done in BGs aswell as surviving. Perhaps you ought to not read texts so quickly child.

12. No I think damage is the most important thing when you seek to get a lot of KBs and damage done in BGs aswell as surviving. Perhaps you ought to not read texts so quickly child.
    He wanted to tell you that KB’s are not a determining factor for win/loss.

If I see “child” one more time in this context, I think you’ll make me mad which will result in your butt kicked, verbally (unfrotunately).

13. No I think damage is the most important thing when you seek to get a lot of KBs and damage done in BGs aswell as surviving. Perhaps you ought to not read texts so quickly child.
    Go do pve, pvp is not for you. Let me guess, you main a ret pala. And if not, you will soon switch to ret pala. What class do you play most on ?

"Perhaps you ought to not read texts so quickly child" ... and here we are trying to teach you some basic stuff but you seem too braindead to understand simple stuff. Leave pvp, this is not for you, especially if you think damage and kills are the most important thing. You can get kills with 0 damage, all you need to do is be near someone who kills the other guy. Yeah, clearly this is important and having a lot of kills means you are pro.

Kills and damage aren't the most important thing in a bg and just because you have a ton of kills or your team is top in damage it doesn't mean you'll win the bg. Or winning is not important for you ? I've (solo or with 2 other people) carried a lot of bgs to victory while our team got gy farmed by doing almost no damage, yet i still managed to get around 1k kills a day or more. I'm not even trying on some of my chars to get kills and i still end up with a lot.

What is it with this mentality of "muh damage big, muh killz big". Trying to compensate for something ? Small ... ahem ...skill, i'm clearly talking about skill.
    Edited: January 18, 2019

14. What is it with this mentality of "muh damage big, muh killz big". Trying to compensate for something ? Small ... ahem ...skill, i'm clearly talking about skill.
    My theory is the same when it comes to people we’re addressing now and campers. Here’s why:

1) Have you ever seen a woman who’s into this type of talk and thinking? Probably no, I didn’t for sure. However, there may be few, but those numbers are just too tiny to be used as any kind of reference.
    2) Have you ever seen a woman camper? No, or very, very rarely. If there even is one, she’d definitely stop and not enjoy tortuting weaker people.
    3) What’s the main difference between men and women? ...
    4) Who has the need to compensate for empty pants with great number of killing blows, new german car/porsche, large house, newest phones, etc?

Men with deep issues and complexes derived from empty pants, lack of sex and people who’re generally rejected by women or society.

I think I’m saying this on the wrong place and I have a feeling heavens might crash on me now. I’m ready to be the next Atlas though, hehe.

15. He wanted to tell you that KB’s are not a determining factor for win/loss.
    So what you are trying to say is that he is disinclined to be frank and to the point? Or shall I deduce it as being unable to stick to a topic?
    If I see “child” one more time in this context, I think you’ll make me mad which will result in your butt kicked, verbally (unfrotunately).
    And what do you think will happen when I am given that medicine?
    Go do pve, pvp is not for you. Let me guess, you main a ret pala. And if not, you will soon switch to ret pala. What class do you play most on ?
    Well you guessed wrong. My "main" is a mage but I play all the other classes aswell. I already got a paladin and I assure you I start to snore everytime I roll on it. The only spec that can be somewhat fun to mess around with is prot.
    and here we are trying to teach you some basic stuff but you seem too braindead to understand simple stuff. Leave pvp, this is not for you, especially if you think damage and kills are the most important thing. You can get kills with 0 damage, all you need to do is be near someone who kills the other guy. Yeah, clearly this is important and having a lot of kills means you are pro.
    I fear you're the one misinterpreting things here. The discussion regards the worst class being able to either A) Score a lot of Killing Blows, not HKs, B) Be on the top of the damage board and C) Surviving (aka scoring as many KBs/damage without breaking the 0 death barrier). Good to know someone tells me PvP is not for me, oh and would you please tell it to everyone else who does not have R1s aswell please?

Kills and damage aren't the most important thing in a bg and just because you have a ton of kills or your team is top in damage it doesn't mean you'll win the bg. Or winning is not important for you ? I've (solo or with 2 other people) carried a lot of bgs to victory while our team got gy farmed by doing almost no damage, yet i still managed to get around 1k kills a day or more. I'm not even trying on some of my chars to get kills and i still end up with a lot.
    It may not be the most important thing in a BG (which is a matter of opinion, and you're entitled to have yours) but that's not what we are discussing here. We discuss the classes/specs that struggle to be number 1 on KBs, damage or who struggles to keep Deaths at 0.
    What is it with this mentality of "muh damage big, muh killz big". Trying to compensate for something ? Small ... ahem ...skill, i'm clearly talking about skill.
    Just because someone loves to chase high numbers in damage does not mean their skills are good or bad, it's a matter of preferences.

My theory is the same when it comes to people we’re addressing now and campers. Here’s why:

1) Have you ever seen a woman who’s into this type of talk and thinking? Probably no, I didn’t for sure. However, there may be few, but those numbers are just too tiny to be used as any kind of reference.
    2) Have you ever seen a woman camper? No, or very, very rarely. If there even is one, she’d definitely stop and not enjoy tortuting weaker people.
    3) What’s the main difference between men and women? ...
    4) Who has the need to compensate for empty pants with great number of killing blows, new german car/porsche, large house, newest phones, etc
    Time to let go off the peace pipe lad, it is leading you to war. xD
    Men with deep issues and complexes derived from empty pants, lack of sex and people who’re generally rejected by women or society.
    Perhaps we should talk about rainbows and unicorns while we are at it?:D
    I think I’m saying this on the wrong place and I have a feeling heavens might crash on me now. I’m ready to be the next Atlas though, hehe.
    No I just think it is time for you to get some sleep to rinse off the stuff you are currently on. =)
    Edited: January 18, 2019

12 Last