1. Best 2s and 3s comps in Wotlk

Hi guys, I got a little bit nostalgic lately and I was thinking about popping back in the old days just for fun. I was wondering - what do you think was the best arena comps during 3.3.5?

During that time I played a Holy Paladin which turned out to be a faceroll in arenas. I played 2s with Arms Warrior / Unholy DK / Affli Lock and for 3s I played TSG - Arms, Unholy, Holy. We got to 2.2k rat in a matter of days. Now after many years, I want to try something new and was thinking about Resto Druid but after checking out a few servers and their armory stats, duos are highly dominated by Holy Paladins and Arms Warrior. Practically 80% of team comps that are over 2.2k rat are this comp (ok some of them are with Unholy DK). For 3s, almost every high-rated comp has a Holy Paladin as a healer - all of them are humans for the EMFH racial that was quite broken back in the days. The theorycrafting and min-maxers sure did their job after 10 years so I guess that the old ways don´t apply to the private servers.

Me and 2 friends want to try it again and we wanted to try LSD comp - Resto Druid, Ele Sham, Affli Lock - I think it was one of the stronger comps during that time. Our second option is - Holy Paladin, Arms Warrior, Frost Mage - I can´t remember if this was an actual comp or not but those are our main classes now. We want to try something new but I don´t know if Druid as a healer can be as viable as Paladin in 3.3.5 due to the fact that there are mostly Holy Paladins in arenas on a higher rating. I guess it is due to the fact that they have defensive dispell, high armor to deal with melees and so many defensive cooldowns for themselves and allies that they just become almost unkillable. The only 2 good things for druids were Cyclone and mobility to get out of the havoc.

Other great comps for 3s that I can think of were:
    - RMP
    - Shatterplay
    - Beastcleave
    - Ret/Feral/Priest
    - RLS
    - TSG
    - PHD

Comps for 2s:
    - Holy/Warr or DK
    - Shadow/Frost Mage
    - Resto/Affli or Warr
    - Disc/Rog or Mage or Feral or Hunter

(and that´s about all the comps I can recall right now, there were many more)

I want to hear from you guys - which comp do you think has the best chances of winning? If we take the gear and skill out of the equation and even tho it´s a Rock Paper Scissors, there are some stuff that have an upper hand. I am asking this question for a definite answer, not to hear "Play what you like the most" because as a WoW nerd, I like them all equally. I am asking this question because I want to have a higher chance of winning in arenas.

Thanks for every solid answer.

2. Best 2s comb by far is Hpala and Awarr.
    Reason for that is probably that Hpala is unkillable and Awarr scales extraordinary well with highend PvE gear.

Best 3s comb is hard to tell. ProbabIy LSD (the lock should be destro) or Fmage, Dlock and Rdudu/Rsham is maybe even better.
    Edited: January 17, 2019

3. 2s: Arms Hpal

3s both ilvl 264 as 284 meta: LSP, the lock shouldn't always be destro because there are certain matches where you have to be affliction to guarantee not being straight up countered. Though for 284 mm ele disc seems to be a solid contender for 3s if played to its capacity.

4. So Lock and Shaman are one of the best dmgers for 3s. They can be played with Resto Druid, Holy Paladin or Disc Priest - which of these healers complement the combo the most? Because I´ve seen this comp with all of them but I can´t make up my mind. I played all of them at one point or another during my WoW history and each of them has very unique and different play-style.

Holy Paladin has the best defensive cooldowns and many OH **** buttons. He is the best healer against melee classes where he can outheal most incoming sustained damage - I played him the most during Wotlk and if he is lucky and gets those Holy Shock Crits, he is basically unkillable because he can cast instant Flash of Light a lot. Other than wearing down the enemy with his kit, he has only one CC - HoJ and his damage potential is low. Although his ability to keep the teammates up is superb. He can keep himselft up and is the focus for CC. He has the best defensive dispell in the game.

Resto Druid´s power is Cyclone and mobility. he can get out of thight spots very quickly but if he gets caught and stunlocked outside his bear or tree form, he is in big trouble and getting caught out of the form happened quite a lot even to the skilled players. He doesn´t have any form of defensive spell that he could cast on his allies and his HoTs can be dispelled meaning that playing against comps that have 2 offensive dispells (combination of classes as Mage, Shaman, Priest or Warlock´s pet) can be rather deadly. Druids lacks potent dispell.

Disc Priest has some defensive and some ofensive cooldowns but he is very weak against melee classes (and there is plenty of them - Warriors, Rogues, DKs, Hunters, Ferals, Rets, Enhas). He can hold his teammates well and is better against hard swaps with his toolkit, Shiled, mending, etc... his CC is better than Paladin´s but worse than Druid´s but he has great damage potential. He just can´t keep himself up and is focused the most and that´s why he excell in RMP where mage and rogue can peel him off or with Hunter and Ret where ret can put many defensive spells on him. He has both defensive and ofensive dispell.

When I think about Ele and Lock, I can´t decide which of these healers is the best fit for them. What is your opinion or what did I miss?