1. heirlooms and Icecrown's 7x XP rate

so how exactly do these interact with each other?

Assuming I have 40% bonus:
    is the calculation strictly multiplicative?
    (1.4*baseXP)*7
    or is it a bit more convoluted like this
    (baseXP*0.4)+(baseXP*7)

I would check myself but I dont have any heirlooms and if it's the second calculation, it isnt worth it.

If anyone knows, thanks for the info.
    Edited: January 20, 2019

2. Idk but I would say they're definitely pretty good because you get a large chunk on quest reward XP. You can get to max level in under a day

3. how do you have 40% i tought there was only the chest and shoulder that have 10% each so 20% total?
    (and 5% fishing ring)

4. how do you have 40% i tought there was only the chest and shoulder that have 10% each so 20% total?
    (and 5% fishing ring)
    I grabbed a percentage out of the air, forgetting that WotLK maxed at 25% if everything works properly. What is important is the math and interaction between the heirloom bonus and the multiplier.

5. so how exactly do these interact with each other?

Assuming I have 40% bonus:
    is the calculation strictly multiplicative?
    (1.4*baseXP)*7
    or is it a bit more convoluted like this
    (baseXP*0.4)+(baseXP*7)

I would check myself but I dont have any heirlooms and if it's the second calculation, it isnt worth it.

If anyone knows, thanks for the info.
    Just tested it. Killed two mobs of the same level at the same level, once with heirlooms and once without. I only have the chest and shoulder, so 20% bonus xp. I am also not rested. Here are le numbers.

The numbers:
    Xp without heirlooms = 483
    Xp without 7x = 69
    xp with heirlooms = 584

So, we're trying to get 69 to turn in to 584.
    Multiplicative -> 69*1.2*7 = 579.6
    Second calculation -> (69*0.2)+(69*7) = 496.8

So, it appears to be multiplicative, however there's an (extremely) small additional xp boost coming from somewhere. No idea where that comes from, but it's there.
    Edited: January 21, 2019

6. Thanks for the test case lkajsdkf. I went ahead and picked up a shoulder/chest set and it's totally worth it