1. is frost any good for 2v2 arena?

with a healer, what differences are there compared to playing unholy? any info and analisis apreciated

2. Unholy slowly rots away everyone, while Frost guns down everything is one powerful HB cc + burst combo. The basic idea is COI your main target, grip the cc target and burst down, Frost also uses blood presence when trinkets proc to max it's burst potential, Frost presence is it's default presence, unholy against casters only

3. Frost also uses blood presence when trinkets proc to max it's burst potential, Frost presence is it's default presence, unholy against casters only
    rofl what?? xdd

4. Well if you're gonna do that might as well pick up this spec and just own those UH's
    https://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/...00000000000000

5. http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...f734d0bce701ae

the best guide you can find

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=364653

here you can find some specs too

Zedarus also told me in another topic that when you get all the trinket procs, FC, tailoring, ICC ring and such that switching to blood presence can be more beneficial than staying in Unholy presence while cc bursting, depending on the health of your target and such

I was also adviced that defaulting frost presence is not a bad thing if you are new to the class, while learning

Unholy being for casters only is my own addition that may not be true at all so i can accept that

6. http://temp.arena-tournament.com/for...f734d0bce701ae

the best guide you can find

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=364653

here you can find some specs too

Zedarus also told me in another topic that when you get all the trinket procs, FC, tailoring, ICC ring and such that switching to blood presence can be more beneficial than staying in Unholy presence while cc bursting, depending on the health of your target and such

I was also adviced that defaulting frost presence is not a bad thing if you are new to the class, while learning

Unholy being for casters only is my own addition that may not be true at all so i can accept that
    Guide is good except few things:
    1. Cinderglacier isn't worth runeforging, even with 1.50 weapon. Dual 2.60 wep. with FC on main hand and razorice on off hand.
    2. Glyph of disease is a must for fdk imo, spamming diseases is just wasting time and runes...
    3. Frost presence for FDK...meh. FDK is "be quick or be dead", glass cannon spec, you benefit from constant pressure and attack as your best survivability...

Howling blast is useless for 2v2 arena.
    For me blood pres. all the time against healers, unholy against all others.
    Edited: January 22, 2019

7. 2. Glyph of disease is a must for fdk imo, spamming diseases is just wasting time and runes...
    In 2s you face mostly opponents that can dispell your diseases which makes Glyph of disease worthless.
    Usually you should use your runes to spam plague strike and chains of ice to make sure that dispelled diseases are reapplied quickly.
    Obliterate should only be used in the burst phase when you intend to finish a target off.

In regards to arena: Frost DK had it's golden time in 3.3.5b because dispelled diseases granted runic power to the DK.
    During that time FDK/Hpala was a excellent 2s setup and probably even stronger than Awarr/Hpala.

In the current meta UH seems to be the preferred 2s spec. I guess the main reason for that is Smourne.
    When it comes to DK/Hpala vs Awarr/Hpala I'd still choose Frost over Unholy.

8. In 2s you face mostly opponents that can dispell your diseases which makes Glyph of disease worthless.
    Virulence 3/3. Wait till they "stuck" then refresh. Even if it is one disease it is enough for glacier rot talent to take effect.
    Just frost strike won't be enough to get to finishing faze against healer. Obliterate is still good enough against all healers except hpal + generates decent 20 RP

9. Virulence 3/3. Wait till they "stuck" then refresh. Even if it is one disease it is enough for glacier rot talent to take effect.
    Just frost strike won't be enough to get to finishing faze against healer. Obliterate is still good enough against all healers except hpal + generates decent 20 RP
    Even with Virulence, which is anyway a mandatory talent, you won't be able to keep your diseases for the full duration up when the opponents are spamming dispell.
    A rotation like in PvE, where you apply both diseases once and then only use your runes for obliterate and pestilence when the dots are about to expire, doesn't work.
    If you attempt to do that in arena then your slow effects gonna be dispelled and the opponent healer gonna kite you. You'll obliterate targets that have no diseases up.

Trust me, listen to the guide of Zedarus. He was (is?) one of the best Frost DKs and he knows what he's doing.

10. Even with Virulence, which is anyway a mandatory talent, you won't be able to keep your diseases for the full duration up when the opponents are spamming dispell.
    A rotation like in PvE, where you apply both diseases once and then only use your runes for obliterate and pestilence when the dots are about to expire, doesn't work.
    If you attempt to do that in arena then your slow effects gonna be dispelled and the opponent healer gonna kite you. You'll obliterate targets that have no diseases up.

Trust me, listen to the guide of Zedarus. He was (is?) one of the best Frost DKs and he knows what he's doing.
    That would mean that I would have to stay in unh. presence all the time for spamming diseases. And just wait for KM proc to strike. That deffo wouldn't work against any decent geared healer + not everyone plays human with double DV and 2x HC Havoc. With dmg in blood pres. + all procs healer's main issue won't be just dispelling, trust me.

As for Zedarus, believe me or not, there are better ones. And they are not well known scripters as he/she is...

11. That would mean that I would have to stay in unh. presence all the time for spamming diseases.
    Yes, you should be in UH presence most of the time.
    Frost presence only when you take heavy dmg.
    Blood presence should be barely used because when you want to deal massive burst dmg then you are better off using UH presence to spam frost strike as fast as possible. 1 sec GCD > 15% more dmg.
    As for Zedarus, believe me or not, there are better ones. And they are not well known scripters as he/she is...
    So what? Like every second high rated player was scripting.
    It's nothing honorable to cheat but that alone doesn't mean that the player doesn't know how to play w/o scripts.

12. The summary would be: We agree that we don't agree.

13. The summary would be: We agree that we don't agree.
    Not really, truthwow1 had legitimate remarks on your input to the thread. GoD is pretty useless for 2v2 purposes. Your diseases will get dispelled very often even with Virulence. What would you even replace it for? I can't see any good reason to skip the FS, AMS and Hungering Cold glyphs.

Guide is good except few things:
    1. Cinderglacier isn't worth runeforging, even with 1.50 weapon. Dual 2.60 wep. with FC on main hand and razorice on off hand.
    Howling blast is useless for 2v2 arena.
    I assume you're not aware but FC is a ppm and it doesn't matter on which weapon you put it on. As for razorice there's a very tiny amount of extra dps you'd get from it being on MH. Also 1.5 weapons should absolutely never be considered. As for HB it's still useful for the 1 point you spend on it.

Also this staying in Blood presence thing is not that good an idea. The damage bonus is worth it if your target is low enough during your burst phase that you can do Blood pres swtich into KM FS or Deathchill FS, but outside of that Unh. pres./Frost pres. are the way to go. There's nothing beating that 1s gcd/higher armor and bonus DR.

As for the OP's original question. Unholy pressures rather constantly with diseases, while frost has a controlled burst about every minute or so during whic he can kill a target. Outside of that you're just aiming to survive enemy team pressure. Against some matchups (if you play with a Disc) you can oom the enemy healer with mana burn instead of trying to actively go for a kill during your burst. The other key difference is that you're a lot squishier, especially against casters of any kind.

14. In the current meta UH seems to be the preferred 2s spec. I guess the main reason for that is Smourne.
    Or maybe the fact that it is most noob friendly spec along with ret pal...

12 Last