1. Will the server population ever be increased?

I love Warmane and love the icecrown server but I rarely get a chance to play because by the time I get on I'm stuck in a queue of 1000+ people which takes over 4-5 hours.

I know increasing the population puts stress on the server but I was just curious about whether there were any plans for an increase?

2. if they are ever able to incrase the cap without limiting performance they will. i havent played much in a long time but i know when i did it use to have a noticable delay at 12k and some of us wanted it dropped down to 10k.

that being said for the time being i'd suggest donating the 10 bucks to skip the que.

3. I hope they decrease it, server feel way too overpopulated.

4. Very unlikely. Even if we could support it from the server's end. We already have extreme measures in place such as limited sight radius in places like Dalaran to an extent of like 20 meters or so. We could apply more extreme measures to the server to allow more to be online. Even if we didn't have to apply extreme measures like this at all, allowing the population to increase further still would not be ideal. This version of the game was not designed to support 12,000 people being online as it is. The game becomes very cluttered, especially with high EXP rates and everyone getting funneled into focal areas like Dalaran, or only a few zones that are limited to one continent. The game already starts to break down at 12,000 players in certain aspects, such as material farming, grouping outside of instances, etc. Nevermind allowing it to increase further.

What would be more ideal is that some of these players consider playing on Lordaeron instead, or potentially on any new realms that we may choose to release at any point in the future.

5. Would it theorectically be possible to create multiple Icecrown "shards", like Icecrown 1/2/3/4/5 with their own population and world but maintain shared instances, AH, raids, guilds and pvp instances (bar maybe WG)) etc?

To decrease latency and incrase population and performance. Ideally with the ability to move from "shard" to shard freely with characters.

Would also help the 1 account many char problems we run into.

6. Very unlikely. Even if we could support it from the server's end. We already have extreme measures in place such as limited sight radius in places like Dalaran to an extent of like 20 meters or so. We could apply more extreme measures to the server to allow more to be online. Even if we didn't have to apply extreme measures like this at all, allowing the population to increase further still would not be ideal. This version of the game was not designed to support 12,000 people being online as it is. The game becomes very cluttered, especially with high EXP rates and everyone getting funneled into focal areas like Dalaran, or only a few zones that are limited to one continent. The game already starts to break down at 12,000 players in certain aspects, such as material farming, grouping outside of instances, etc. Nevermind allowing it to increase further.

What would be more ideal is that some of these players consider playing on Lordaeron instead, or potentially on any new realms that we may choose to release at any point in the future.
    Please consider just a clone of icecrown, same rates etc, shared bgs to split up the pop and make smoother gameplay ._.

7. Please consider just a clone of icecrown, same rates etc, shared bgs to split up the pop and make smoother gameplay ._.
    It should be obvious, but it's not worth it by any means - cost, maintenance, spreading GMs, etc. - to create a whole new server (or "shard") for the sake of 1-2k people when our core can hold 12k.

8. ...welll i would actually like to get tranfered to lordareon if it will be posible anytime soon...

9. ...welll i would actually like to get tranfered to lordareon if it will be posible anytime soon...
    Enabling transfers from 7x/Coin- and Pointshop to 1x/Non-Coin or Pointshop is about as likely to happen as the opening of a new realm.

10. It should be obvious, but it's not worth it by any means - cost, maintenance, spreading GMs, etc. - to create a whole new server (or "shard") for the sake of 1-2k people when our core can hold 12k.
    As you stated before, the game can BARELY hold 12k players online ;)

11. As you stated before, the game can BARELY hold 12k players online ;)
    As in issues can start to happen when it's up for a long period of time and capped. Stability is reduced geometrically, not arithmetically, so to say, which makes increasing it further unfeasible as things are.

How does that change anything about my reply to you? Even if the cap was reduced, it would still not be enough people to justify another server, even if it was a 10k cap one.

12. Enabling transfers from 7x/Coin- and Pointshop to 1x/Non-Coin or Pointshop is about as likely to happen as the opening of a new realm.
    having... point/coin shop it doesnt mean that some1 actaully used it... there would prolly be some req that U have to acomplish to get char transf...

13. having... point/coin shop it doesnt mean that some1 actaully used it... there would prolly be some req that U have to acomplish to get char transf...
    Feel free to use the Lordaeron Charactertrade to buy yourself a toon if you're not into leveling it yourself.

And that whole "doesn't mean someone used the shop, even if it's available" might be true, but it's about the weakest argument you could imagine. That's like assuming you could hand out free drinks on a party and people would decline the offer.

14. Doesn't the cross-realm technology make it possible to increase the server pop?
    All instances, such as BGs, arena, dungeons and raids, could be run on a external realm.
    Wouldn't that reduce the stress on the main server so much that the population can be increased?

15. How does that change anything about my reply to you? Even if the cap was reduced, it would still not be enough people to justify another server, even if it was a 10k cap one.
    Well, if you wanna see it like that, the MoP server has 700 at peak time and is still up.. from a business prespective a 2nd "premium" realm like Icecrown would be more profitable than that by a large margin. But i understand molten is perfectly ok with having just Icecrown for like 12k (plus 1-2k at queue) players and beside some lag i have no issues at all.

12 Last