1. Noob question: Do my bonus sockets still exist if I unlearn BS?

Read the title. I'm thinking of swapping BS for Engineering but I'm not sure whether it's worth it.

2. Read the title. I'm thinking of swapping BS for Engineering but I'm not sure whether it's worth it.
    It will appear visually as if you still have 1 additional gem but you lose the stats like you are supposed to, tested it myself when I replaced BS with Engineering.

In my opinion, doesn't matter what class, spec or even pve/pvp do you play, engi will always be better than BS statwise. It simply provides WAY more stats and utility than mere 2 gem slots.

3. I thought engineering didn't give stats, just some cool a*s enchants for world PvP and the rocket on gloves.

4. I thought engineering didn't give stats, just some cool a*s enchants for world PvP and the rocket on gloves.
    With parachute on cloak comes spellpower/agility enchant, with nitro boots comes crit enchant and instead of the rocket on gloves you can take massive haste buff on a mere 1 min CD.

5. With parachute on cloak comes spellpower/agility enchant, with nitro boots comes crit enchant and instead of the rocket on gloves you can take massive haste buff on a mere 1 min CD.
    Are you sure about the agility with parachute and crit with nitro? First time I'm hearing of this. Are you sure we're talking about the same expansion (wotlk) ? And are agility on cloak and crit on boots still available in arenas as parachute and nitro aren't?

6. Are you sure about the agility with parachute and crit with nitro? First time I'm hearing of this. Are you sure we're talking about the same expansion (wotlk) ? And are agility on cloak and crit on boots still available in arenas as parachute and nitro aren't?
    https://prnt.sc/maopdp
    http://prntscr.com/maoprv

I had not heard about the stats before I leveled engi myself to be honest :D Didn't check the stats in arena so there's a possiblity I am wrong, but I am convinced stats remain in arena as well because, why wouldn't they.

7. It will appear visually as if you still have 1 additional gem but you lose the stats like you are supposed to, tested it myself when I replaced BS with Engineering.

In my opinion, doesn't matter what class, spec or even pve/pvp do you play, engi will always be better than BS statwise. It simply provides WAY more stats and utility than mere 2 gem slots.
    That's not true at all. To get the MOST stats you must combine Sister Professions. BS/Mining, LW/Skinning, Enchanting/Tailoring

To get the highest possible stats you must have Blacksmithing for the extra Gem Slot THEN you also need to have Jewelcrafting to access the Jewelcrafting exclusive Dragon's Eye Gems which give 34+ per gem. There are different cuts of Dragons Eye for different stats just like all gems.

Hope you haven't made any costly decisions yet. Engineering is pretty much only good for PVP and even then its geared towards lower Gearscore toons that need that edge. In full Wrathful you should be socketing Dragons Eye.

8. That's not true at all. To get the MOST stats you must combine Sister Professions. BS/Mining, LW/Skinning, Enchanting/Tailoring

To get the highest possible stats you must have Blacksmithing for the extra Gem Slot THEN you also need to have Jewelcrafting to access the Jewelcrafting exclusive Dragon's Eye Gems which give 34+ per gem. There are different cuts of Dragons Eye for different stats just like all gems.

Hope you haven't made any costly decisions yet. Engineering is pretty much only good for PVP and even then its geared towards lower Gearscore toons that need that edge. In full Wrathful you should be socketing Dragons Eye.
    First of all, Jewelcrafting was not in discussion here, I just compared engineering with blacksmithing. xd

It might have been a mistake to use a word "statwise" but I still stand by my statement that Engineering is BETTER. While BS provides only raw stats and that's it, engi gives you stats AND utility with nitro boots and gloves enchant. And utility in this game can not be underestimated.

"That's not true at all. To get the MOST stats you must combine Sister Professions. BS/Mining, LW/Skinning, Enchanting/Tailoring" Mining gives you only stamina and enchanting gives you literally the same stats as JC only objectively less. How did you come to this conclusion is beyond me. You take gathering professions for easy gold income, not for getting the most benefits in pvp/pve.

"Engineering is pretty much only good for PVP and even then its geared towards lower Gearscore toons that need that edge." Looks like you've never been in any end-game raid before. Engineering is a must-have profession for pretty much all the classes besides one or two exceptions for nitro boots alone, not even considering the enormous haste on 1 min cd and crit + sp/agi stats.

9. First of all, Jewelcrafting was not in discussion here, I just compared engineering with blacksmithing. xd

It might have been a mistake to use a word "statwise" but I still stand by my statement that Engineering is BETTER. While BS provides only raw stats and that's it, engi gives you stats AND utility with nitro boots and gloves enchant. And utility in this game can not be underestimated.

"That's not true at all. To get the MOST stats you must combine Sister Professions. BS/Mining, LW/Skinning, Enchanting/Tailoring" Mining gives you only stamina and enchanting gives you literally the same stats as JC only objectively less. How did you come to this conclusion is beyond me. You take gathering professions for easy gold income, not for getting the most benefits in pvp/pve.

"Engineering is pretty much only good for PVP and even then its geared towards lower Gearscore toons that need that edge." Looks like you've never been in any end-game raid before. Engineering is a must-have profession for pretty much all the classes besides one or two exceptions for nitro boots alone, not even considering the enormous haste on 1 min cd and crit + sp/agi stats.
    You have no clue what you are talking about lol dude if everyone in your guild has engineering for end game PvE content thats incredible sad. Swiftness Potion or [Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality] will do just fine and does not require an entire profession.

The Haste increase on Tailoring is for Casters who TADA.....use tailored armor and gives them access to Spellthread enchants. Skinning increases crit for MDPS. A tank should have mining for the stamina boost. Any ****ing body can benefit from extra gemslots and access to +32 stat gems. engineering gives you NO stats increase and only a few really ****ty enchants that, like I already said, are only viable to low Geaescore PvP toons. The STM buff from mining is more valuable to any PvP toon than the parqchute and nitros boots. And lets not forget-THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO FAIL. You're dumb dude.
    Edited: January 23, 2019

10. You have no clue what you are talking about lol dude if everyone in your guild has engineering for end game PvE content thats incredible sad. Swiftness Potion or [Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality] will do just fine and does not require an entire profession.

The Haste increase on Tailoring is for Casters who TADA.....use tailored armor and gives them access to Spellthread enchants. Skinning increases crit for MDPS. A tank should have mining for the stamina boost. Any ****ing body can benefit from extra gemslots and access to +32 stat gems. engineering gives you NO stats increase and only a few really ****ty enchants that, like I already said, are only viable to low Geaescore PvP toons. The STM buff from mining is more valuable to any PvP toon than the parqchute and nitros boots. And lets not forget-THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO FAIL. You're dumb dude.
    All coming from a dude who has never done any 25hc in his entire life kek. Stick to that skinning bro, don't even consider other options. ;) Crit is good. ;)

11. All coming from a dude who has never done any 25hc in his entire life kek. Stick to that skinning bro, don't even consider other options. ;) Crit is good. ;)
    Buddy i did 25HC on Lordaeron x1. 10 years ago. They wiped all toons/achievements. I really don't know what that has to do with anything. You still haven't made a bit of sense.

12. They wiped all toons/achievements.
    How convenient. Might be a bit difficult to raid for you 10 years ago since your account isn't even 7 years old but I guess you've overcome this teeny tiny difficulty in a way that my peanut-size brains could not comprehend.

Ofcourse you don't see how that has to do with anything, how can you understand what you don't understand. If your last 25hc raid was 10 years ago, we really have nothing to talk about, I am not even sure why are you here.

13. How convenient. Might be a bit difficult to raid for you 10 years ago since your account isn't even 7 years old but I guess you've overcome this teeny tiny difficulty in a way that my peanut-size brains could not comprehend.

Ofcourse you don't see how that has to do with anything, how can you understand what you don't understand. If your last 25hc raid was 10 years ago, we really have nothing to talk about, I am not even sure why are you here.
    >what is an exaggeration
    Edited: January 24, 2019 Reason: avoid agressivity