1. What is this server like?

I played wotlk retail so it's been awhile (although played the BC warmane server). I kind of want to try the server, but am wondering if every raid is on easy mode farm now because the server has been out so long now. Is there some sort of forced progression system so fresh 80s aren't just carried by the ultra gear score people? Also, what is the pvp screne like? (do people BG at all, or have really bad queue times?)

2. There is always BGs, any time on day or night, there is 12k people on the server on peak time. Everything is on farm for years now, so yes, lowbies are getting carried by geared players.

3. Everything is on farm for years now, so yes, lowbies are getting carried by geared players.
    and yet there is A LOT people who struggle to defeat 1/3 of ICC :D

4. and yet there is A LOT people who struggle to defeat 1/3 of ICC :D
    Maybe I will try it just for that. I never actually cleared ICC or even all of Ulduar, so maybe it could still be somewhat challenging and fun with other people that haven't done it.

5. The PvE scene on horde is better as the alliance (in my exp).
    For PvP alliance is better. (Also my exp)

But both the scenes are very well alive on both sides.
    Getting started might be a bit tough, but once you bitten through the dust it will get alot better.

Bg que time is longer on the ally side.
    Differs from 3 mins to 10 or longer while horde has 1 min que's.

It looks like horde dominates bg's on week days and ally on weekends.
    But that is also just my personal exp.

ICC is (obviously) the most played raid.
    But you will find naxx/uld/toc raids also.

Goodluck woth your journey on this expansion

6. Just a heads up though, the required gear for raids is stupidly high (guess shows why ppl struggle with raids this hard), so you better get into a decent guild asap, cause you will need it.

7. few days ago seen icc10 eof farm alt run 6k+ gs i was just wtf is then icc25m eof farm 10k+ gs

8. Nowadays it's full of newb ppl.... go horde for better content in pve and pvp .. idk why horde always win .... btw make sure to donate once at least so u skip ques if u actually want to play any pve here because you won't be able to log in on time for raid well it's only 11 euros or smth ... if ur trully dedicated do that if not just play for fun.

9. I pretty new also, I would say i'm in the early end game with 4k gear score so I don't have endgame raid experience but hopefully I can help with some info. Overall this server has been good. The dungeons are scripted and there is a good stream of newer players. worth noting that I usually play in the evening, eastern standard time

I don't think there is any kind of policy or game mechanic to stop lower geared players from being carried, but it hasn't really had an effect on my game play.

Battleground queue times are acceptable, and other people have mentioned this, but the alliance seem to do better generally in pvp (I heard it depends on the time of day). I wouldn't be able to tell you much about their PVE scene though.

------- other useful tidbits:

the login q times can be pretty long so it's worth doing the minimum donation (or more if you want, im sure warmane wouldn't mind lol). its still a pretty good deal if you consider that retail requires 15 USD a month.

Especially for your first character, AH prices are going to be rough. also in case you haven't seen, there's going to be a 50% server wide gold reduction so keep that in mind. Warmane said that this is meant to help combat the gold inflation. I haven't gone through one so I wouldn't be able to tell you how effective it is.

In order of shortest dungeon finder q times to longest in my experience: tank < healer < dps. I've played as dps and healer. It would be pretty normal for me to be in q for 15+ min when q'ing as a dps and I usually find groups in less than 5 when i play as a healer. I think tanks would have the shortest (at least at my progression level) since they are usually the last one to be found in the finder.

Battleground q times feel acceptable. it's not instant, but I haven't felt super frustrated by it yet.

hope this helps