1. Common/Uncommon Classes

So, been away for a while, and trying to make yet another return, but wanting to start fresh!

What's the most common/uncommon classes in the server currently? Been ages since I last tanked, and even longer since I tried the healing scene, but might consider both if it's still at that level of waiting long to find such things, both in and out of RDF. Same with DPS, curious as to what's rarely seen around.

2. Demo locks and moonkins as DPS, for tanks there's a bunch of paladins and DKs, but there's always demand for tanks so pick any you like. There's some hate towards warrior tanks so you got pala/dk/druid as choices there.

3. From common to uncommon, leaving out generally disliked classes/specs
    Tanks:
    Paladin/DK/Druid
    Heals:
    Druid/Shaman/Paladin/Priest | side note: Hard to say for a fact. I'd say there always seems to be demand for Shaman and Priest (Disco)
    DPS: (Often needed, low supply)
    Balance, Shadow, Demonology | side note: Retribution supply seems to be a lot lower what it used to be.

Although, sometimes even the most played classes/specs are under the stone for some reason.

4. If you want to be pretty rare I'd suggest druid because it can do 4 things, 2 of which (feral specs) are rare and 1 uncommon (boomkin). RDF que is ofc way faster if u roll tank/heal
    Edited: January 28, 2019

5. I feel like all of the plate classes are very common, and seem to be some of the most overplayed classes in the realm. You do have to consider that paladins have 3 very different specs, though.
    There are a lot of druids as well, but there seems to be a huge variety in specs. A lot of resto, some tanks, some boomkins, and a few cats.
    I think Shaman's are very underplayed as a dps spec but thats because no one wants them unfortunately.
    I think the rogue / mage pop might be a bit high, but nothing dramatic
    Other than that, it seems to be all hit or miss. You can get into a raid with 0 rogues and 0 mages one day, but the next day you have 3 of each. I think the distribution is fairly even after the plate classes.

6. Huh, so Priest, Druid and Warlock are the ones I should be eyeballing in terms of DPS?

7. In case someone who’s into PvP/BG’s is reading this: Healers (Resto Shaman).

8. Play what you like, not what is rare. Server is big enough that you will find people to play with

9. Play what you like, not what is rare. Server is big enough that you will find people to play with
    I like just about everything, so picking one out of a handful isn't exactly easy to do on my own anymore.

10. Id go on Blackrock, play everything for a bit (just hit dummys) and go with what you like. Just as in every wow version people are looking for tanks then healers and lastly dps. Youll see few blood dk tanks, because they suck, few prot warriors for the same reason and so on. How many of each class are around doesnt really have an impact.

11. Id go on Blackrock, play everything for a bit (just hit dummys) and go with what you like. Just as in every wow version people are looking for tanks then healers and lastly dps. Youll see few blood dk tanks, because they suck, few prot warriors for the same reason and so on. How many of each class are around doesnt really have an impact.
    Weird, cause someone above stated DPS was in need and less so of the others... Now I'm confused.

12. Weird, cause someone above stated DPS was in need and less so of the others... Now I'm confused.
    Every guild is basically recruiting RDPS in particular because they can spread out better for mechanics and have less of a chance of getting hit by them. Not to mention they can do damage more often

13. Id go on Blackrock, play everything for a bit (just hit dummys) and go with what you like. Just as in every wow version people are looking for tanks then healers and lastly dps. Youll see few blood dk tanks, because they suck, few prot warriors for the same reason and so on. How many of each class are around doesnt really have an impact.
    blood dk tanks don't suck Lol. Only two specs I'd rate as not viable is prot war and enhancement sham.

14. blood dk tanks don't suck Lol. Only two specs I'd rate as not viable is prot war and enhancement sham.
    Sad to hear that Prot is terrible now. Used to be so fun bashing enemies with the shield.

15. blood dk tanks don't suck Lol. Only two specs I'd rate as not viable is prot war and enhancement sham.
    They kinda do due to how they are designed, go over to the DK section if you wanna go deeper into this, theres tons of stuff written about it (and how blizzard changed the spec later on due to that).