1. API for accessing auction house data?

Hi everyone,

I saw that there's an API for retrieving character/guild data, but i couldn't find any information on an API that retrieves auction house data. Is this available or planned? If its not currently available i think it might be a great idea to open up a different dimension of Auction House analysis or even open up a parallel version of something similar to The Undermine Journal for Warmane.

Currently the only way to access auction house data is to perform Auction House scans, but this is very rudimentary as it requires a character logged in and sitting in place for 30+ minutes, not to mention you have to stand over the computer because going AFK stops the scan. Then you have to parse the data files from LUA to your language of choice, and i still haven't found a good way to do this. Even then, you cannot automate this process and you would have to sit and scan every day, multiple times a day in order to get accurate data.

Perhaps to avoid overloading the API, you could make it that you have to put in a request form for an API key and make it very limited in terms of calls? Also only accounts with a certain age can be granted an API key?

2. Yeah, this is a website based on AH data, but im not sure where they get the data from. Maybe the API exists already, but i cant seem to find any info on it.

An API is an Application Programming Interface, something which provides data in a format readable by machines. I can have similar data to this by scanning the AH everyday, but with an API you can have a server consuming the data on a set interval of time, without needing to be in-game. Im basically talking about an API like retail has, which returns all active auctions for the requested realm/group.

3. Have you found a method on extracting Warmane's auction house API from that website?