1. Please don't add S4 to shop it will kill the already dying server
    Why would adding S4 kill pvp? S4 has been out for a very long time, and it is pretty common to see fully geared characters in bgs/arenas at this point.

2. Why would adding S4 kill pvp? S4 has been out for a very long time, and it is pretty common to see fully geared characters in bgs/arenas at this point.
    Its common to see 4/5 s4 geared players but the majority is still trying to reach the rating for s4 weapon and only very few have the s4 shoulders.
    Adding them to the shop would definitly harm the arena activity because the incentive to reach a higher rating would be taken away.

3. Genuinely wondering: Why is 5/8 T6 (at least) still not on the store? I really don't understand the point of waiting so long to release certain items... Everything's been totally cleared for a while? And then there's the question of if some will ever be released i.e. Ashes of A'lar? So...nah? I guess? I mean the servers 2 years old now, I don't think anyone still playing here really cares about the shop tbh

4. Genuinely wondering: Why is 5/8 T6 (at least) still not on the store? I really don't understand the point of waiting so long to release certain items... Everything's been totally cleared for a while? And then there's the question of if some will ever be released i.e. Ashes of A'lar? So...nah? I guess? I mean the servers 2 years old now, I don't think anyone still playing here really cares about the shop tbh
    Agreed. I think staff are afraid people will quit server after they complete their gear, but I think the opposite is true. Once people get all their gear they are more likely to spend time on other things they enjoy about the game, or begin gearing up an alt. The store allows greater access for people to get geared up and raid/arena that otherwise wouldn't have the time/energy to do so.

5. Genuinely wondering: Why is 5/8 T6 (at least) still not on the store? I really don't understand the point of waiting so long to release certain items... Everything's been totally cleared for a while? And then there's the question of if some will ever be released i.e. Ashes of A'lar? So...nah? I guess? I mean the servers 2 years old now, I don't think anyone still playing here really cares about the shop tbh
    Aaah, even more pay2win. Yes, lets give people even shinier medals for races they haven't won. Also totally in light with the TBC spirit. There are still lots of ambitious raiders/guilds here who strive, and thus put loads of efforts in to progress in tier 6, so lets not remove the last thing that they can fight for (which can't be bought yet)? You know what happens when dictators decide to print extra money? Depreciation. You know what happens when warmane decides to release T6 token gear? Yes, depreciation, of that gear. What do you think that will do to people's motivation to play this game?

You hand the dangling string to the cat when you are done playing with him! Hopefully warmane isn't done playing with us, and appriciates the mid/end 20's people who are still putting ****loads of effort in to progress here, and who btw also spend lots of coins for gold in order to sustain their economy for raiding, since lots of them are working and dont have time to farm (which is not achieving, just time consuming).

6. Aaah, even more pay2win. Yes, lets give people even shinier medals for races they haven't won. Also totally in light with the TBC spirit. There are still lots of ambitious raiders/guilds here who strive, and thus put loads of efforts in to progress in tier 6, so lets not remove the last thing that they can fight for (which can't be bought yet)? You know what happens when dictators decide to print extra money? Depreciation. You know what happens when warmane decides to release T6 token gear? Yes, depreciation, of that gear. What do you think that will do to people's motivation to play this game?

You hand the dangling string to the cat when you are done playing with him! Hopefully warmane isn't done playing with us, and appriciates the mid/end 20's people who are still putting ****loads of effort in to progress here, and who btw also spend lots of coins for gold in order to sustain their economy for raiding, since lots of them are working and dont have time to farm (which is not achieving, just time consuming).
    Your personal satisfaction for accomplishing things with your skill is based solely on comparing to what others have and how they got it?

7. Your personal satisfaction for accomplishing things with your skill is based solely on comparing to what others have and how they got it?
    Not solely but yes, for a big part it is and it's only human to be like that.
    Denying that may sound honorable but it's also dishonest.

8. Not solely but yes, for a big part it is and it's only human to be like that.
    Denying that may sound honorable but it's also dishonest.
    No, there's nothing dishonest. People I see, even in retail, compete with others that are competing on the same thing, not with people that aren't even trying to be part of it. That's normal human behavior, not complaining and comparing yourself with people who aren't even interested in "beating" you as they skip the whole race. It sounds much more like envy issues than "only human to be like that." Would you get butthurt and want rules created against carrying friends if someone got achievements you want by getting carried through stuff?

9. That's normal human behavior, not complaining and comparing yourself with people who aren't even interested in "beating" you as they skip the whole race.
    In the real world those ppl that are able to skip the whole race would be the rich once. Ppl that are born in a rich family and don't have to take part of the daily struggle because they can buy anything with money.
    It's common thing that those who have to take the race complain about the privileged society which skips the whole race.

Nevertheless I have to admit that the comparison to the real world is a bit absurd since WoW is only a game which is played for the entertainment.
    Edited: March 5, 2019

10. In the real world those ppl that are able to skip the whole race would be the rich once. Ppl that are born in a rich family and don't have to take part of the daily struggle because they can buy anything with money.
    It's common thing that those who have to take the race complain about the privileged society which skips the whole race.
    We're talking about a game. Next you're going to want to say someone pointing out Horde is a bunch of ugly, hairy, smelly creatures is being racist and should be punished for racism, "because in the real world people who aren't born in a privileged race get worse treatment and that's racism."

PS: Nice edit after my post.

11. on topic: when can we expect the update @obnoxious?

12. on topic: when can we expect the update @obnoxious?
    Hey Rakanish, sorry but I don't have that information. That's the sort of thing Moderators don't get informed ahead of time, just like the return of Blackrock's shop.

13. Your personal satisfaction for accomplishing things with your skill is based solely on comparing to what others have and how they got it?
    You can answer very civil here and that is fine, but being civil is merely purging out undesirable human instincts, which obviously brought us alot, but in this case I dont think it will get the desired outcome which would be keeping outland alive.

As you may have noticed I am not a big fan of the shop. But honestly, I see the benefits. People who played TBC are now in many cases working and don't have time to do everything, and then it is nice they can enjoy content while skipping a bit of the grind. But at the same time, this is a feature that has to be balanced in my opinion. If you take the carrot on a stick away, people will stop running.

My personal experience learns that on this very realm, a fair number of guilds are going tier 6 straight away (skipping big parts of T5) because people want to achieve something that is only available by actual achievement, and instead of condemning those instincts I would rather respect that, that that is what alot of people drive in here, and maby say for the last T6 items, we won't release them for now.

14. You can answer very civil here and that is fine, but being civil is merely purging out undesirable human instincts, which obviously brought us alot, but in this case I dont think it will get the desired outcome which would be keeping outland alive.

As you may have noticed I am not a big fan of the shop. But honestly, I see the benefits. People who played TBC are now in many cases working and don't have time to do everything, and then it is nice they can enjoy content while skipping a bit of the grind. But at the same time, this is a feature that has to be balanced in my opinion. If you take the carrot on a stick away, people will stop running.

My personal experience learns that on this very realm, a fair number of guilds are going tier 6 straight away (skipping big parts of T5) because people want to achieve something that is only available by actual achievement, and instead of condemning those instincts I would rather respect that, that that is what alot of people drive in here, and maby say for the last T6 items, we won't release them for now.
    But the carrot-on-a-stick should be your personal fun, your fulfillment in managing to complete something or grind until you get lucky and receive the item you wanted. If you measure yourself by what other people have done or already have in a game, you're pretty much ruling yourself out of playing anything after release. If anything, you should take pride that you got something "the right way," not be bothered by the ones who took a shortcut for whatever personal reason they have.

Also, the only instinct I'm condemning here is the one to be envious of people who aren't even competing in the same way as you, if at all. Even more so when there's no actual "prize" waiting whoever does whatever first, how someone else got their gear really shouldn't matter for people interested in the actual achievement. You know, achieve it for yourself, not for others?

First 12345 Last