1. Why are the players such pricks on here?

I've played on a few private servers before and I have to say this is the nastiest community I've come across. I've only found a handful of people that aren't just totally rude. I get it. It's an older expansion and people have certain expectations for everyone. But come the **** on. New players just get attacked no matter what they do. RDF is a cluster**** of people screaming/crying/kicking/leaving over anyone that doesn't just automatically know what to do, if they have low gs, or simply because they don't like the instance they got. They'll ****ing eat the debuff and wind up waiting longer than the instance would take. Battlegrounds are the same. Raids are a nightmare. If you can even get the people to finish it before they start raging. Even if you're not new, are doing well etc, you'll probably still get *****ed out because you happened to be the person they saw first.

I've played this expansion since it came out, but I understand that not everyone has. Some people are new to WoW altogether. Instead of being a ****, maybe help people? New players are good. It means the server is doing well enough that it's attracting new people. We WANT the server to thrive. I also understand that not everyone can dedicate a lot of time like I can. That they can't all donate to help gear up like I did. That maybe they don't speak/read my language very well and don't understand what I'm trying to tell them. All of you should do the same. Have some patience and understanding. I know this sounds super corny but you'll wind up with better people to play with that way. You might even make friends.

Tl;dr change your tampon and quit being ****ty to people you bunch of ****ing primadonnas.

2. i'm sure your post will 100% change the attitude of them all. gg you saved icecrown.

3. I feel you, but give up.

Join some guild, have fun there. Don’t expect them not to be *******s towards you as people generally suck.

Have fun.

4. It's a mean cycle cause I've been to 4 dungeons today and guess how many I got to finish before 1 left and next one demanded to be kicked? 1. 1/4 is 25% success, ofc I'll be skeptical/pissed when I get into my 5th attempt at some extra emblems.
    I think I won't even try gearing warrior and just leave it, stick to my geared up characters and keep on farming gold

5. It's the internet, kids are mad because they don't have a girlfriend so they go online and say mean things to people over the smallest infraction. Today I got cursed out by some guy because I pulled too many mobs on accident. He let me have it, cursed me so bad you would think I just murdered his family or something. You just have to feel sorry for people like that, they act that way because of how horrible their life is so they take it out on others. They seem like they don't like you, well, they probably don't like themselves very much either.

6. I cant remember last dungeon where anyone said even a word.

7. The playerbase here is even worse than Retail's playerbase was at any point in time. This might sound like an exaggeration to some of you reading this, and that's fine. Though really, I've seen more of players refusing to group up for quests and would rather compete for mobs, which is made even harder by the terrible spawn rates on this server. Wintergrasp mobs, I'm looking at you.

I've seen way more ganking and camping occur here than any server in general, and I've also seen many people demand to be kicked from RDF just because they don't like the dungeon they got queued into, which has been a bannable offense for months, thank god. Of course, you still have trolls on the forums defending that kind of behavior.

8. Of course, you still have trolls on the forums defending that kind of behavior.
    If only rdf was an extremely insignificant part of the game.. oh wait.

9. If only rdf was an extremely insignificant part of the game.. oh wait.
    Depends on who you're talking to.

10. When people fail even the obvious like standing in fire or just straight up bodypulling because they didn't learn during levelling that getting close to agressive mobs aggros them i don't know what to say.
    Sure,accidents happen and one mistake is not the end of the world but when you say you do 5 instances a day for whatever reasons and every single one of them has someone who is oblivious to everything,it sure makes ppl salty over a long period of time.And even the most polite of folks can have a bad day,que up to just do their stuff quickly and then some clueless player can ruin their mood even more and they snap.It happens.But see it from the other side - wotlk is 10 years old,and you can complete runs just by following the other players that are in the instance without a huge fail - not to mention some things are really obvious and can be easily figured out when you level.
    Don't get me started on people taunting/not removing rf/being in frost presence/ninjapulling even if they are asked politely repeatedly.

11. Depends on who you're talking to.
    Anyone post TBC and pre legion?

Edit:

I never had that experience on this server, had a few people wanting to leave but that wasnt really done in a "mean" way (i.e was just kick me or i afk, not really any sort of insults/raging) and a few people raging over Rolls (which i can understand, if someone gets every single item you rolled for legitimatly id be mad too).

As others said, go join a guild.
    Edited: January 31, 2019

12. Though really, I've seen more of players refusing to group up for quests and would rather compete for mobs, which is made even harder by the terrible spawn rates on this server. Wintergrasp mobs, I'm looking at you.
    Yeah... I'm guessing that some players(myself included) are too lazy to farm eternals for alchemy with mining/herbalism so we just get them while doing WG quests. Drop rates are not good enough to share mobs with you. If you can't deal with it, feel free to continue spamming group requests till you break your mouse button.

13. When people fail even the obvious like standing in fire or just straight up bodypulling because they didn't learn during levelling that getting close to agressive mobs aggros them i don't know what to say.
    Sure,accidents happen and one mistake is not the end of the world but when you say you do 5 instances a day for whatever reasons and every single one of them has someone who is oblivious to everything,it sure makes ppl salty over a long period of time.And even the most polite of folks can have a bad day,que up to just do their stuff quickly and then some clueless player can ruin their mood even more and they snap.It happens.But see it from the other side - wotlk is 10 years old,and you can complete runs just by following the other players that are in the instance without a huge fail - not to mention some things are really obvious and can be easily figured out when you level.
    Don't get me started on people taunting/not removing rf/being in frost presence/ninjapulling even if they are asked politely repeatedly.
    Oh yeah. Stupidity is in a category of its own. But I don't see it as often as people just losing their minds over minor things. I get that people are prone to exploding. We all do it. I don't expect people to hold hands and sing Kumbaya or anything. It's just surprising how common it is here. It's somewhat frustrating. Though I will admit, I think it's hilarious too. I love watching a fight. I've had big raids ruined but still laughed hysterically off because of the arguing that ensued.

However, as I was typing this I had a realization. Most of these people are adults that played this game as a teenager. Now that guy that was kind of funny, made questionable choices and would always announce a "WEED LOL" break every other room in an instance knocked up some girl he didn't really like. She kept it. He's pissed. He's working at Burger King. She's screaming, the kid is screaming, he gets on WoW, his one comfort. And then it happens. This cretin, this subhuman garbage had the gall to be in HIS instance and then... HE DIDN'T IMMEDIATELY KNOW TO GRAB A LANCE AND GET ON THE MOUNT. Hands flying across the keyboard! Vote to kick. Leave when kick fails. ASHLEY THIS IS YOUR FAULT.
    God damn it we lost our tank.

123 Last