1. I've seen way more ganking and camping occur here than any server in general
    Yes. I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that it seems like it happens an awful lot on here. Sure, on other servers 80s killed lowbies. Not all the time. Often enough though that your butthole would clench when they targeted you. If they killed you, the majority of the time they ran off to whatever they were doing before. On here though they will often hang out for a surprising amount of time waiting for you to res. In full PvP gear.

2. Why? Often because the person involved has not bothered to look at any guides or videos. They're just totally winging everything they do and they suck at everything including their gear, rotation/DPS and spec. Its irritating to play with and even more irritating to attempt to babysit. Pug raids in particular are basically cancer incarnate because 95% are made with the intention to get BoEs/patterns/primos thus the raid lead often invites bad people who are lacking basic things such as gems/enchants just to save time and has no intention of actually getting the raid anywhere except money.
    Edited: February 1, 2019

3. Why? Often because the person involved has not bothered to look at any guides or videos. They're just totally winging everything they do and they suck at everything including their gear, rotation/DPS and spec. Its irritating to play with and even more irritating to attempt to babysit. Pug raids in particular are basically cancer incarnate because 95% are made with the intention to get BoEs/patterns/primos thus the raid lead often invites bad people who are lacking basic things such as gems/enchants just to save time and has no intention of actually getting the raid anywhere except money.
    I agree, in this day and age you should know every dungeon and every Raid (at least RS/ICC) strats on a basic level before you enter. If you enter toc 5man and dont mount up in a min or 2 i will kick you too, its just disrespectfull to not even do basic research.

4. No matter what, there is no reason to be rude toward anyone... As for kicking, if someone just don't get it for few times after explaining things to that person, ok then kick the player, still no need to be a jerk tho, simple explanation why is that person kicked is more then enough and welcome, (now if that person become rude, guess what, designers made an ignore options, what a miracle that is... :O :O :O) It will solve all the problems of that kind.
    How many times I've seen in raids, while gearing up my alts, people go crazy, with insults to a player who done something wrong and trough that, they waste huge amount of time for everyone in the raid, while for example, that same mistake can be explained and fixed in no more then 2/3 minutes or even less, and maximum few sentences written down in chat/whisper, or said on discord (in a polite and respectful way).
    Person should refer to people in a same way, as that person would like, and expect others to refer to her/him. If you disrespect someone, don't expect anything less then that same thing, being returned to you.
    Keep in mind that no one is born with all the knowledge and experience in the brain about everything in the world, we all need time to learn and understand something, someone less/others more. But once we were all that little noob, who needed to learn how to play a game. And after all it is just a game, nothing more then that. None of us came here and knew everything and played without a single mistake.
    Yes expansion exist for around 10 years, and there is plenty of information over the internet and guides how to do things. But does that really approve the rude and insulting behavior? I think not.
    If nothing else, It is always easier to simply explain a tactic or fix a mistake that someone done, then being a dick to the player/insult/instant kick. (because once upon a time, we all were in that phase of learning). And thrust me, overall, it is way less time consuming, if you are just open minded to calmly and respectfully explain things.
    2 minutes of explanation can not really compare to additional 5/10 minutes of waiting for new player to join and get to the place you are at that moment, and when she/he finally does, there is no guarantee, that this new player won't screw up at some point too.
    Edited: February 1, 2019 Reason: Tyypppooo

5. I agree, in this day and age you should know every dungeon and every Raid (at least RS/ICC) strats on a basic level before you enter. If you enter toc 5man and dont mount up in a min or 2 i will kick you too, its just disrespectfull to not even do basic research.
    See, I don't completely disagree with either of you. Also the instance I was referring to in toc was someone didn't mount in less than a minute. They were asking where to get the lance cause they thought the one you use for the dailies was applicable. The guy raged even as the person was sorted out and moved to get it. I don't like people that just don't try. That's not what I'm referring to. I mean small things and minor mistakes that people just go insane over. I think part of the issue could be that these people either came from a different MMO, with different ideas on how they work, or they're new to the genre altogether. And just assume it's all button mashing and no tactics.
    Edited: February 2, 2019 Reason: their, they're, there lmao

6. i dunno, community doesnt seem that bad to me, but when i used to play, i had a habit to automatically /ignore people with brain cancer. so that might just be me

7. There are plenty of a-holes abound and aplenty in this server, but the best way to deal with them...is to stay silent. Laugh and stay silent on comms.

I mean, many who are trolling are looking to find your rage-points and to get a thrill from upsetting you, so simply choose to not give them that! Rage inside, not outside. It'll save a few drops of sanity for when you really need to let loose on some candy-***.

8. The world pvp is frustrating with all the ganking. a lvl 80 alli player and a twink with a similar name was killing and camping the bodies of low levels in hillsbrad the other day for hours :P. I dont understand that. I haven't attacked any low lvl unprovoked but i guess some people just like being dicks

but my RDF experience is pretty ok, usually pretty quiet or just talking about random stuff. pretty curious to why our experiences are so different. maybe faction or time of day?

9. Anyone post TBC and pre legion?
    Not sure why people think to reply in sweeping generalizations like this. Doesn't help the conversation any.

@Stupidity arguments, jerks are not synonymous with *****s. There are plenty very intelligent people around that actively make the decision to be less than pleasant to be around or communicate with.

10. No matter what, there is no reason to be rude toward anyone.
    there's no reason to be nice to them either. it's all personal preference.

11. Not sure why people think to reply in sweeping generalizations like this. Doesn't help the conversation any.

@Stupidity arguments, jerks are not synonymous with *****s. There are plenty very intelligent people around that actively make the decision to be less than pleasant to be around or communicate with.
    It's easier to just throw up an argument about people being too stupid to play properly instead of acknowledging my point that people need to calm down and stop being needlessly rude. I see people flying off the handle for no good reason more than I see people that are/seem stupid. Hell. I think some of these comments have just proven my point, really.

12. If you've been in a raid for +2 hours and somebody had no idea what to do on boss. The said player didn't ask for help, causing a wipe. Yes, I'd be quite frustrated when wiping usually demoralizes the raid members and make them prone to leave, especially if the raid is already at the point of breaking.

Short and on point consequences are often seen as rude.
    If you don't know something, read and ask about it. Nobody wants to hold your hand through everything, if you do it with one, you'll find out that you need to do it with thousands more. Sounds fun? Not really.
    Originally Posted by Glassphyxie
    Also the instance I was referring to in toc was someone didn't mount in less than a minute. They were asking where to get the lance cause they thought the one you use for the dailies was applicable.
    If it takes you more than a minute to think how to obtain an usable lance and look for it..
    Hmm, I have a lance, but it doesn't let me mount. Is there another lance to use? Where can I find one that I can use?

How to use logic 101

13. You are right and as far as I know the reason is gearscore, gearscore ruined this game trust me.

Whenever I do a dungeon if I'm the player with the highest GS, nobody says anything, I have even tried to **** it up on accident and nobody says anything!
    But as soon as there's a pala/warr/dk with a bit more gs due to SM, the drama begins. For some reason they have the need to point out everything happening in the dungeon: "Why don't you use JoL? / Use your sacred shield / Why do you roll need on JC recipes?" etcetera...
    It's unbearable sometimes. GS ruined this game, people has the false misconception that GS implies skill, and they couldn't be more far from reality. So as some have stated above, no, there's nothing to do.

Thee gotta deal with em' or pack and leave.

14. there's no reason to be nice to them either. it's all personal preference.
    Being nice is one thing, being respectful and polite is something different. One does not necessarily include another. But there is no reason to be rude and insult anyone. I'm not sure that you understood what I tried to say in previous post.

I don't want to be misunderstood, I'm not saying that any of you guys are insulting someone, just saying that I did saw so many people behaving completely rude, making huge deal for whole raid, lasting 1/2 hours about one single thing, that could be fixed in a minute or two, if they were just polite and explained what someone done wrong. It is completely pointless to insult someone as many people unfortunately do. Complete waste of personal and everyone else's time and nerves. If someone doesn't want to bother with explaining, fine kick and say, hey you were kicked because of this and that. End of conversation, if he/she start *****ing, ignore, simple as that. Find another player. :)

15. there's no reason to be nice to them either. it's all personal preference.
    HAHA

You're either joking or you got it all wrong.

First 123 Last