1. just saying that I did saw so many people behaving completely rude, making huge deal for whole raid, lasting 1/2 hours about one single thing, that could be fixed in a minute or two, if they were just polite and explained what someone done wrong. It is completely pointless to insult someone as many people unfortunately do. Complete waste of personal and everyone else's time and nerves.
    What do you think is going on in the head of a person that's being rude? Do you think he considers it wise and necessary? No, every time somebody is raging for tiny little thing that could be fixed easily it's because he snapped. And you can't know why did that happen because you know nothing about him IRL. I don't believe any of you, sweet angels, that you have NEVER raged at anyone. So I do not understand what exactly are you trying to achieve here, stating the obvious that it's not "necessary" or "helpful".

2. HAHA

You're either joking or you got it all wrong.
    how exactly do i have it all wrong? there's 0 reason to be nice to random strangers. whether you want to be nice, rude or indifferent is entirely up to the person. thus personal preference.

edit: unless they're in your guild. try and be nice to your guild.
    Edited: February 2, 2019

3. Not sure why people think to reply in sweeping generalizations like this. Doesn't help the conversation any.

@Stupidity arguments, jerks are not synonymous with *****s. There are plenty very intelligent people around that actively make the decision to be less than pleasant to be around or communicate with.
    Because i think almost no one ever had rdf as their endgame, maybe a super tiny percentlile but even if dungeons were/are your endgame its usually done in premade groups (i.e people in tbc that ran heroics, speedruns from mop onwards, mythic+ etc). With the speed you can clean dungeons in rdf there just isnt that much content there (since u usally need a proper group for achievements)

Dungeons may be important to a lot of people but rdf isnt (or shouldnt be). Which is why i think its fair to say that using rdf as a measuring stick is wrong.

4. What do you think is going on in the head of a person that's being rude? Do you think he considers it wise and necessary? No, every time somebody is raging for tiny little thing that could be fixed easily it's because he snapped. And you can't know why did that happen because you know nothing about him IRL. I don't believe any of you, sweet angels, that you have NEVER raged at anyone. So I do not understand what exactly are you trying to achieve here, stating the obvious that it's not "necessary" or "helpful".
    Hello, I do agree with some of the things you have said, but there are misunderstandings with some other. People can snap, you have the point with that. Anyway one thing is snapping, something different is bullying. But I probably didn't make a clear statement when i was writing, thank you for actually reading post and thinking about it, before answering. that is example of respectful and polite reaction.

I am far from the angel, and I do snap now and then, and I have never claimed that I never insulted someone or raged, that things can happen, it would be extremely arrogant and a terrible lie if I claimed otherwise, but when that happen, I had a huge reason for it, and it never happened toward someone who did stupid and little mistakes. However beside all that, did I have right to snap and end up mad on someone, maybe, that is discutable, did I had right to insult. Hell no! And I do regret when that happened. Nothing gives me the right to insult. The point is not did i at some point of my life snapped for something or not, point is that people become very rude over someone else for some really ridiculous things, and there is almost no raid or rdf, where this, doesn't happen (even in some guilds).
    You are right there is plenty of reasons why someone act like that and I do not know what is in their heads. But that still does not give person the right to insult.

Example: Few days ago, guy with warrior accidentally casted aoe abillites at bpc on 25 hc while being near to nucleuses, tank died, we wiped, so what, big deal, it can happen to anyone, next try, we took it down. But raid leader and few more guys from raid have raged like crazy when that happened, and ok they raged, and he apologised, we took down on next try, if that stopped at that point ok, you could call it snapping and raging in that specific moment, fine. But what happened, is that few of them were mocking him and insulting during the whole raid for one single thing. Now that is not snapping. that is intentional verbal bullying. And there is a huge difference between this two. And things like this you can see in more and more raids.

P.S. However, good luck in real life. Beside that I hope you all have nice and calm gaming experience.
    People should try to control emotions, and to be polite and respectful to people, it won't help only in games, because they are pretty much irrelevant. Self control will help in real life, and that is what matters.

Best regards.
    Edited: February 3, 2019 Reason: Tyypppoo/ corrections.

5. I have found that people who talk about bullying ingame/online as if it's a thing have no clue what they are talking about. You have the power to end it with one mouse click.

In real life you have to define the line where it's not playful anymore and most of the times people don't go over that line with intent to really hurt you, rather to check where is it. You have to "lose some" too, that is part of fair play if you ever want to be accepted in any circle. So it's not that clear and you can easily become a punching bag or that guy who clocks anyone in the nose for practically nothing, being outsider in both cases. So bullying is real simply because people can't draw the lines, mostly young people. And I have never seen effective strategy to help, all I see is "guy hit smaller guy, take his lunchmoney, big guy bad bad bad stop bullying" - which is ****ing absurd.

Nice ramble, hits close to home

Point is - if you have bad experience YOU can make it better. No one else, no one gives a **** about you, no one should and no one will, only person who can make it happen for you is you. Some people will feel for you because they think they are good, some will laugh at you because they think they are bad, but none of that is true. Something makes everyone tick, so craft friendships and find people with whom you enjoy to play.

6. It's easier to just throw up an argument about people being too stupid to play properly instead of acknowledging my point that people need to calm down and stop being needlessly rude. I see people flying off the handle for no good reason more than I see people that are/seem stupid. Hell. I think some of these comments have just proven my point, really.
    Right. There are a million and a half reasons for someone to be a jerk. Ranging from that's just the type of person they are, to them coming home to play wow and get their mind off an awful day at work. Anyone who has noticed that they've been irritable and lashed out on someone IRL should realize this is a possibility. Especially in an environment where you're shielded by anonymity.

Because i think almost no one ever had rdf as their endgame, maybe a super tiny percentlile but even if dungeons were/are your endgame its usually done in premade groups (i.e people in tbc that ran heroics, speedruns from mop onwards, mythic+ etc). With the speed you can clean dungeons in rdf there just isnt that much content there (since u usally need a proper group for achievements)

Dungeons may be important to a lot of people but rdf isnt (or shouldnt be). Which is why i think its fair to say that using rdf as a measuring stick is wrong.
    This may strike you as news, but there are plenty of people who play the game in different ways than you. Including, but not limited to: farming for their professions, playing the AH to earn gold, playing their characters through the leveling process, spamming BGs only, farming dungeons, etc. That's one of the wonderful things about this game. If there's something in particular that you like, then you can stick to doing that thing.

Fact of the matter is, not everyone buys BoEs and jumps straight into ICC. Not everyone plays Wrath 100%, either. There are plenty of people who find RDF, including the gear AND emblems that it drops, to be a more than an insignificant part of their gearing process.

Now, can we get back to the point of the thread instead of debating such an irrelevant topic?

7. I already have 20+ people on ignore list. It's really absurd when you see how much they spam chat, if you lose a mob you've been waiting for hours > they instant trash talk to you how they got it and you didn't. And more of these ****s. That's why I have such number of ignored people.

In the meantime, doing pub raids is a cancer for sure. I was doing toc25n 2 days ago and guess what? At last boss, half of people didn't know tactics and what to do with mobs, but sure let's all say that off tank is ''noob'' and that it's my fault. Woah, yeah, 5+ people to ignore list.

8. Hey!

I'm a bit new to the game. Played a char to level 80 5 years ago and have just done the same with my human prot paladin. I know the rotation, I have started to gear, but now I just need someone or a few people to help me out in the dungeons as to kinda guide me through it/give me some pointers to improve. I'd say I'm a nice and decent guy / wow player haha but seeing as some people here have gathered and feel the same, maybe want to group up? or point me in the right direction of a guild that does what I'm struggling with?

feel free to add me ingame: Swaggert

9. how exactly do i have it all wrong? there's 0 reason to be nice to random strangers. whether you want to be nice, rude or indifferent is entirely up to the person. thus personal preference.

edit: unless they're in your guild. try and be nice to your guild.
    there's no reason to be nice to them either. it's all personal preference.
    Yes, there is and it's called Karma. You'll get what you give. Maybe not right away and maybe not you directly, maybe it will be someone close to you (which, trust me, will hurt even more). But sooner or later, you'll get back what you gave, whether your believe it or not. So feel free to continue being your usual forum a hole self, the choice truly is yours. Just that the judgement of those choices ain't...

10. Yes, there is and it's called Karma. You'll get what you give. Maybe not right away and maybe not you directly, maybe it will be someone close to you (which, trust me, will hurt even more). But sooner or later, you'll get back what you gave, whether your believe it or not. So feel free to continue being your usual forum a hole self, the choice truly is yours. Just that the judgement of those choices ain't...
    Holy ****, Diemtee.

/wave
    /wave 4 Cije

11. Yes, there is and it's called Karma. You'll get what you give. Maybe not right away and maybe not you directly, maybe it will be someone close to you (which, trust me, will hurt even more). But sooner or later, you'll get back what you gave, whether your believe it or not. So feel free to continue being your usual forum a hole self, the choice truly is yours. Just that the judgement of those choices ain't...
    next thing you'll be telling me that the magical sky fairy is going to punish me as well lmao.

12. next thing you'll be telling me that the magical sky fairy is going to punish me as well lmao.
    Well, one can only hope so.

First 123