1. Do I suck or does resto druid get outhealed by other healing classes?

As a restoration druid in PVE I seem to often get outhealed by other healing classes whome I have equal gear to or sometimes even outgear. Just today in ICC 25 I got outhealed by a 5.7k resto shaman and a 5.8k holy pala when I'm sitting at well over 6k. I have a couple of bis items, 4 t10 set, I'm using the correct talents and I'm using healbot and still this random rshammy with barely 264ilvl gear and no armor set is healing more than me on most bosses. Do other healing specs just heal more in total or is it me who sucks?

2. You just need to find the right balance on each boss to tank heal or blanket raid.

3. As a restoration druid in PVE I seem to often get outhealed by other healing classes whome I have equal gear to or sometimes even outgear. Just today in ICC 25 I got outhealed by a 5.7k resto shaman and a 5.8k holy pala when I'm sitting at well over 6k. I have a couple of bis items, 4 t10 set, I'm using the correct talents and I'm using healbot and still this random rshammy with barely 264ilvl gear and no armor set is healing more than me on most bosses. Do other healing specs just heal more in total or is it me who sucks?
    Shamans apply directy heals which have the upside of healing a great deal of damage asap while your hots take time to do the same.Resto druid really shines on encounters where constant raid damage is present(like disc) - dbs(ppl with marks need to be hotted asap and you have to keep up the hots on them),festergut,pp hc,bpc hc,bql,vdw to some extent,sindragosa(especially healing rogues who end up with a lot of stacks) and lk.
    It could be also a l2p issue but without any footage i can't be sure.

4. As a restoration druid in PVE I seem to often get outhealed by other healing classes whome I have equal gear to or sometimes even outgear. Just today in ICC 25 I got outhealed by a 5.7k resto shaman and a 5.8k holy pala when I'm sitting at well over 6k. I have a couple of bis items, 4 t10 set, I'm using the correct talents and I'm using healbot and still this random rshammy with barely 264ilvl gear and no armor set is healing more than me on most bosses. Do other healing specs just heal more in total or is it me who sucks?

Comparing gearscores is very deceptive. f.e. hpal has bis libram and some trinkets with quite low item level ~= gearscore. 5.8 could very well be (almost) bis. It always depends what stats is that gear about. Hpal benefits the most from intel + haste, rsham scales primarily with haste. You as a druid want certain amount (to cast renew every 1s) - dont remember exact number, its around 800 depending on talents and after that as much sp as possible.

Comparing hps is also deceptive... hpal casts 12-25k holy lights, that do 10% to five closest targets + another 25 k on other tank almost every 1.3s - thats potentionally well above 30k hps. Most of it goes to waste, but its still important to make sure tank survive. Your job is to have hots already on raid so after it takes damage other healers have some extra time to healeverybody up, before next damage comes. Hps is not important as long as whole raid stays alive. That being said 6k seems low-ish for geared resto (but it could have many reasons, including things you cannot do anything about).

There are two main areas you can do something about:

About playstyle.. I think you already know all this, but just to sum up... make sure you dont use glyph of renew for 25 mans. Rdruids job is imho blanket pretty much whole raid with renew + wild growth. (you can also use lifebloom on clearcasting instead of renew to regenerate mana) And use direct healing only sparingly (more directheals on LK).

Healbot - I had bad experience with this addon - it seemed that it gives extra delay to my heals which is very important for you as you should cast something every 1s. You can try grid2 + clique or vuhdo instead. Some of my friend used healbot without problems, but well try and see.

5. As a restoration druid in PVE I seem to often get outhealed by other healing classes whome I have equal gear to or sometimes even outgear. Just today in ICC 25 I got outhealed by a 5.7k resto shaman and a 5.8k holy pala when I'm sitting at well over 6k. I have a couple of bis items, 4 t10 set, I'm using the correct talents and I'm using healbot and still this random rshammy with barely 264ilvl gear and no armor set is healing more than me on most bosses. Do other healing specs just heal more in total or is it me who sucks?
    Hey fellow resto druid.

First, I want to say that using heal meters of any kind in raid to prove who’s “better” is for brainless people who’s pants are empty as it’s no where close to accurate and it’s used only to boost ego.

Every raid consists of people who’re there to play ROLES That they picked. Main ones are being Tank/DPS/Healer. It goes deeper than that if you have brain, of course. When it come to healers, they’re all different and are supposed to do their part of the job. Other people have time to cast their heals and fill those health bars only thanks to your HoTs and that Disco shielding, even though the two of you are not going to be at the top of the chart.

You, as a restoration druid, are supposed to WG constantly, spread your Rejuvenationaround on all people that are receiving damage, stack lifebloom on tank (if needed) and Nourish whenever there’s need for it. You can’t deliver as much, because good deal of your heals are going to be overheal, because of other classes. It is very similar to comparing overall heal done by holy paladin and disco priest, difference being you’re not ABSORBING damage.

While I was playing PvE as Rdudu, I was focusing these few things to maximize my heal:
    1. Using WG every time it’s off CD as it’s just too valuable to be missed(exception would be someone who’s about to die, which would require nourish/rejuvenation/swiftmend)
    2. Attempt to predict who’s going to get hit: If you blanket right group of people at the right time, they’ll live and you’ll get most of that heal for yourself.
    3. Regrowth/Reju/Lifebloom the tank if you have time(if not required) Whenever you see a good moment to do it, put one LB on them and keep it If needed or if you have time.
    4. Nourish: Don’t you prioritize Rejuvenation over Nourish constantly. Geared Restoration Druid can spam Nourish like crazy and in fights when there’s a lot of damage received, just spam. Nourish and then Rejuvenation when things calm down.
    5. Regrowth: Use Regrowth+Reju on the tank before pull.
    6. Go the extra step: Don’t you stand and rely on that addon. Be proactive, look and search for people who’re being hit and/or about to get hit. Nail it.

I might be little bit out of it, but I’d love to heal a 10 man raid with geared resto again :(
    Edited: January 31, 2019

6. Hey fellow resto druid.

First, I want to say that using heal meters of any kind in raid to prove who’s “better” is for brainless people who’s pants are empty as it’s no where close to accurate and it’s used only to boost ego.
    This ^

Never pay much attention to the heal meters and that kind of crap. If you and your raid know what you're doing, you will progress nicely.

But from time to time its nice to have fellow guild banter with your Disc Priest cause no matter what happens or how you play your druid, Discs Priest are always below us heheheh.

7. Healing meters do not give any relevant insight on the skill of a player. They fail to tell you whose heal saved your fellow raiders' lifes, and they fail to tell whose heals, if not present, would not have significantly hindered the raid survival.

Healing metters just tell you how much healing you have done overall, how much was overhealing and how much was effective healing. They don't tell you whether or not you activelly contributed to save your fellow raiders lifes or not.

Don't trust heal meters. A top healer could be padding meters and not saving lifes (as restoration druid, your "top healing rotation" is WG > Rejuv x5 > Repeat. You'll be doing a lot of healing, but you'll almost never be usefull: you are not assisting on the tanks if needed, you are not getting to full HP players are low HP, ...). Trust your feelings, is there heals pressure? Are there players spending a lot of time at low HP? Is my swiftmend correctly used? If you feel like no, no, yes, then you are a good healer.

8. Hey fellow resto druid.

A few people have said this and I want to point out that I wasn't doubting mine or druids usefulness in raids. I know each class has it's own strengths and weaknesses and I also know druids are very useful in raids. I can do things no other class can. This post was to get answers on strictly total healing done and it seems you and the other commenters have answered that question.