1. Workaround for phasing issues (Sons of Hodir)

***ATTENTION: Sons of Hodir spoilers***

Just wanted to post a fix I came up with on a quest issue I had. I had gotten through the SoH quest chain until I reached Mending Fences (killing Fjorn and 5 giants) and The Refiner's Fire (collecting 10 furious Sparks). But I turned in the sparks at the anvil before killing Fjorn. And when I went back later to kill him, he was no longer there (because I had returned the anvil to Dun Niffelem). So I thought I was screwed out of all that rep gain, and would have to do a hundred dailies to hit exalted for the shoulder inscription.

However, I noticed that it was a phasing issue. When I was close enough to see the anvil, but still outside the Fjorn's Anvil zone, I could see Fjorn.

Solution: Use a pet (or invite a class that can use one). Have the pet attack Fjorn and kite him outside the zone to you for the kill and subsequent quest completion.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anybody else gets stuck.

2. OR, get someone who has the same quest, but hasn't messed up the phasing yet, invite to group, stay close map-wise, so, if one kills the target, both get credit. Same thing could be used back when the slag covered metal quest item could be dropped before completing [Mending fences] quest.