1. Name unavaible

Well guys, i create a char with x name, then i delete it and when i try to create the char with the same name it says "unavaible", it is some kind of bug? i have a char with a reserved name and i fear it can happend again, what can i do? blessssss

2. Names are being held for 30 days after deletion, the only way around it is to rename a character and then the name is immediately released.

3. Names are being held for 30 days after deletion, the only way around it is to rename a character and then the name is immediately released.
    Can confirm this works.

The backup system is a good thing, but it's so seriously bad that it affects reserved names like this and you have to spend points to fix it.
    Edited: February 6, 2019 Reason: spelling

4. ooooooh, ok, so there is a workaround for it, cool to know :o, i just recently got my old name back, but i put it on my lvl 1 first right before the 30day thing came, now i got my hopes high again for soon to be wearing my original name again :D.

5. Can we just go back to the previous system, the normal one, where a deleted name becomes instantly avaiable?

What's the point of this? The whole community is against it, is just a no sense.

6. Can we just go back to the previous system, the normal one, where a deleted name becomes instantly avaiable?

What's the point of this? The whole community is against it, is just a no sense.
    We most likely won't be reverting to the previous system because this change was in response to people abusing character restores for free name changes.
    Like all laws and warning labels: someone did something to ruin it for everyone.

7. We most likely won't be reverting to the previous system because this change was in response to people abusing character restores for free name changes.
    Like all laws and warning labels: someone did something to ruin it for everyone.
    Ok now I understand. Thanks for the explanation you are the first one who tell me the cause after several times I've asked.

8. Sorry for the necro but seems like the situation got reversed to what it used to be. I just made a lvl1, deleted it, but then could make a new toon with the same name again.
    Same for lvl55 DKs.
    I didn't check on deleted 80s.