1. arms war vs ret pala whats better in this version

arms war vs ret pala whats better in this version, mostly from pvp perspective ideas?

2. Depends, if u like to aid some of your friends with heal/shields then paladin,
    if u go only solo for world pvp and bg then also paladin got easier life.

If u got friendly healers, then warrior in world pvp and bg can also give a lot of fun.

For arena? Half of top 2vs2 teams got warrior so...

3. Both have their own utility.

Ret's have Hand of Freedom to get out of slows / incapacitations, or some stuns. Then they are able to heal their self or another member with instant cast Flash of Lights, and are also able to shield their self or others with Sacred Shield (better to do SS first then FoL if needed). Of course you got auras and even bubbles as well. Not to mention the other abilities; one that helps transfer damage taken being Hand of Sacrifice, Cleanse for dispels...

The damage output of a Ret is also good, you just need to watch which Seal you are in need of at the moment of battle, use your stun (Hand of Justice) wisely, maybe even a Repentance for some Crowd Controlling.

Personally I used to go Ret over Arms in PvP, until I realized this:

Warriors have the same if not better surviviability than a Ret, but one thing is for sure - their damage output is a lot better and has more utility. I say this because...

Take Mortal Strike into consideration here. It hurts, has a fairly small cooldown, and to top if off it gives a debuff of 50% reduced healing to the target you hit it with. You have two stuns as a warrior, Charge and Intercept. To use both requires Stance Dancing, which is something you will inevitably have to learn as an Arms - I never thought I could get used to it but I have. There's also a lot of small tips and tricks as a warrior: you'll notice you can spec into Piercing Howl. Read the tooltip for Heroic Strike whenever you can - when a target is dazed (which is what PH does) it will cause increased damage. So those two go hand in hand. Along with Charge and Intercept there is a third "charge-type" ability that doesn't cause a stun but does serve as a defense mechanism or even offense mechanism, Intervene. It can only be cast on an ally, but you can use it to your advantage to either get closer to an enemy or get away from them quicker.

I haven't even mentioned the defense of a warrior - their defensive stance is a lot more assuring than the defense of a Ret (imo; well besides bubbling). You have Shield Wall to take a huge reduced amount of damage, and Shield Block which increases your chance of blocking and block value. Not to mention every time you parry or block you can use Revenge against your opponent.

There's a lot to a warrior and ret both. Both have their pros and cons. When it comes down to it, I prefer Arms. Now using 2 T10 pc set with rest Wrathful as a Ret is really fun, because you still get Divine Storm procs. But for true PvP gear, damage output, and defense - Arms is probably best.

4. sure warr hits harder and has mortal strike but ret pala support is second to none but a dedicated healer. I've thrown sacred shield on a good hunter in a bg and basically gone against the world before, mowing through hordes and keeping him safe with hands, cleanse, and instant flash of lights as we bursted target after target with his heal reduction. Warrior just can't keep the dice rolling or be as helpful to allies in trouble aside from peeling and solo they are simply pathetic; Retri is also a force to be feared solo especially if they have LoS to abuse. I've gone up against 2 or 3 players regularly and felt in control the whole time just because I had a tree to abuse and they weren't cooperating at all.
    Edited: February 3, 2019

5. Pally is better at supporting what other people do, like following up on a kill target or a target to save. Warr is more like a general frontliner and relies on a pocket heal. Pally can do more in 1v1 though imo. Otherwise Ret can only get high rating in arena by playing with a mage or hunter as far as I know while war get theres with a pocket healer which is usually an hpala
    Edited: February 4, 2019

6. Pally is better at supporting what other people do, like following up on a kill target or a target to save. Warr is more like a general frontliner and relies on a pocket heal. Pally can do more in 1v1 though imo. Otherwise Ret can only get high rating in arena by playing with a mage or hunter as far as I know while war get theres with a pocket healer which is usually an hpala
    Beanman has been top 10 for team rating in 2's more than a couple of times running ret + disc, actually a strong comp. No one plays ret as well as he does though.
    Edited: February 4, 2019

7. Both have their own utility.

Ret's have Hand of Freedom to get out of slows / incapacitations, or some stuns. Then they are able to heal their self or another member with instant cast Flash of Lights, and are also able to shield their self or others with Sacred Shield (better to do SS first then FoL if needed). Of course you got auras and even bubbles as well. Not to mention the other abilities; one that helps transfer damage taken being Hand of Sacrifice, Cleanse for dispels...

The damage output of a Ret is also good, you just need to watch which Seal you are in need of at the moment of battle, use your stun (Hand of Justice) wisely, maybe even a Repentance for some Crowd Controlling.

Personally I used to go Ret over Arms in PvP, until I realized this:

Warriors have the same if not better surviviability than a Ret, but one thing is for sure - their damage output is a lot better and has more utility. I say this because...

Take Mortal Strike into consideration here. It hurts, has a fairly small cooldown, and to top if off it gives a debuff of 50% reduced healing to the target you hit it with. You have two stuns as a warrior, Charge and Intercept. To use both requires Stance Dancing, which is something you will inevitably have to learn as an Arms - I never thought I could get used to it but I have. There's also a lot of small tips and tricks as a warrior: you'll notice you can spec into Piercing Howl. Read the tooltip for Heroic Strike whenever you can - when a target is dazed (which is what PH does) it will cause increased damage. So those two go hand in hand. Along with Charge and Intercept there is a third "charge-type" ability that doesn't cause a stun but does serve as a defense mechanism or even offense mechanism, Intervene. It can only be cast on an ally, but you can use it to your advantage to either get closer to an enemy or get away from them quicker.

I haven't even mentioned the defense of a warrior - their defensive stance is a lot more assuring than the defense of a Ret (imo; well besides bubbling). You have Shield Wall to take a huge reduced amount of damage, and Shield Block which increases your chance of blocking and block value. Not to mention every time you parry or block you can use Revenge against your opponent.

There's a lot to a warrior and ret both. Both have their pros and cons. When it comes down to it, I prefer Arms. Now using 2 T10 pc set with rest Wrathful as a Ret is really fun, because you still get Divine Storm procs. But for true PvP gear, damage output, and defense - Arms is probably best.
    "Warriors have the same if not better surviviability than a Ret"

your talking wrath correct?no warriors are not equal to rets/pallys in surviviability and its not even really close.

8. Ret pala in one hand and shield is able to outheal the dmg of a BiS geared UH DK with Smourne.
    I guess that tells a lot about their surviviability.

9. Ret pala in one hand and shield is able to outheal the dmg of a BiS geared UH DK with Smourne.
    I guess that tells a lot about their surviviability.
    thats called broken

10. Beanman has been top 10 for team rating in 2's more than a couple of times running ret + disc, actually a strong comp. No one plays ret as well as he does though.
    Beanman playing ret well. This seems to be the joke of the year. I saw him backpedaling several times and as far as I know he's a well known mmr dropper and I believe he got what he deserved.

On-topic:

Ret will always win against a warrior in 1vs1, you have good heals with libram and mace and shield, sacred, divine guardian, bubble+repentance and dots through seal of corruption/vengeance. I don't think I've ever lost against a warrior in 1vs1 EQUAL GEAR.

11. Oh yeah that's why I don't answer these questions on the forums - because everyone gets their ego hurt about class differentiation.

Suck it up.

12. What ego here? Ret will always win on a duel against a warrior, pop divine guardian+hands of salvation with glyph and wings. You can use shield wall if you want, I'll still pierce 50% of all your damage reductions including armor and resilience and you'll hit me 40% less. If you happen to survive you'll be left with what? 10%? not even blood draining with enraged regen would save you AND I still have bubble.

PS: Suck it down.

13. What ego here? Ret will always win on a duel against a warrior, pop divine guardian+hands of salvation with glyph and wings. You can use shield wall if you want, I'll still pierce 50% of all your damage reductions including armor and resilience and you'll hit me 40% less. If you happen to survive you'll be left with what? 10%? not even blood draining with enraged regen would save you AND I still have bubble.

PS: Suck it down.
    if u do that on start you are dead, cause warrior will have double trinket proc on + berserking + retaliation, you won't last to bubble.

14. if u do that on start you are dead, cause warrior will have double trinket proc on + berserking + retaliation, you won't last to bubble.
    What pala with half a brain pops wings before Divine Shield? A dk can faceroll such *****s.