1. Lordaeron arena merge with icecrown and blackrock. a few questions

Hey there.

Malaco said on stream yesterday that arena will be merged starting next season (11.02.19) on all 3 servers.

I have a few questions about that:

- Will Lordaeron get Soloque/Duoque? Will there be an npc added in dalaran to que?

- is 3vs3 the same que as solo/duo on blackrock?

- will the leaderboards be merged or separated?

-also will the last arenapoint flush be on the 10. or is the last one on the 6.? (double flush that week?)

- Will we be able to get transmog scrolls in arena ? (maybe at a higher rate than blackrock/icecrown as some form of compensation? since you know you get gear for free on the other realms.)

- will we be able to spectate/replay arenagames like on blackrock?

thank you for your time

2. Hey Nyhirai.

Lordaeron will not get soloq. Only blackrock as for now.
    3s teams on Icecrown and lordaeron will be able to face duoq teams from blackrock.
    There will be one unified ladder. I have no information at this moment how title distribution will work like.
    You will be able to spectate live games on blackrock. From all servers.

The rest i have no answer for at this moment

3. that arena will be merged starting next season (11.02.19) on all 3 servers.
    Really??!!
    How will that look in terms of quite unbalanced terms on all of 3 realms?
    Edited: February 5, 2019

4. 3s teams on Icecrown and lordaeron will be able to face duoq teams from blackrock.
    Why is the soloq excluded?
    I thought the vast majority of the players was for merging 3s with soloq as well so we have a single big 3s bracket which is able to flourish.
    If soloq is excluded this will hinder the 3s activity and it will probably remain a dead bracket on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    I don't like that decision...

5. Really??!!
    How will that look in terms of quite unbalanced terms on all of 3 realms?
    that happen when some lord players say that don't enjoy playing with and against wallet characters...

if they didn't give a try to solo queue in lord and ic before merge is obvius the goal here.

6. that happen when some lord players say that don't enjoy playing with and against wallet characters...

if they didn't give a try to solo queue in lord and ic before merge is obvius the goal here.
    Would you mind explaining this little more pls?

7. I can't see fair solution but soloque 3's for Lordaeron Crossrealm arenas, among donors just like BG's atm. Not Lordaeron teams vs. HC BiS Pala/War donor teams. This will not fix the activity issue, quite opposite effect. Low rated (and low geared for the reason) teams vs. HC BiS low rated donor teams, as well Higher rated advanced players will get rekt by HC BiS advanced donors.

- Sibe -

P.S Even Blackrock 3's soloqueue teams wear free "Startergear" vs. Lordaeron players only formed low rating, very low PvP gearing. We don't have tools to gear up here!! I'm not talking about advanced players higher ratings than 1800, I'm talking about ppl are naked here for PvP.
    Edited: February 7, 2019

8. I dont get it why Blackrock gonna be on crossrealm they get free gear just with one click pls make it only icecrown and lordaeron

9. I dont get it why Blackrock gonna be on crossrealm they get free gear just with one click pls make it only icecrown and lordaeron
    Yes. And with option for both realm players do they want to que for merged arena or just within realm.
    Announced arena changes are chaotic to put it mildly imo.

10. Would you mind explaining this little more pls?
    they are forcing pay to play pvp.

wotlk pvp isn't so popular as people say.

blackrock (instant 80 pvp) is dead.
    lordaeron, not pay to win server has average population, and pvp isn't active..
    icecrown, wallet server is "full", and in some form they're happy because bg are more active now.

add the various comments and their pov of pvp and you have a community that enjoy pvp because gear and not for the pvp itself.

what is the incentive for join to lordaeron now? what is the point of not shop if they gonna merge with wallet population?

is easier that people go to icecrown and PAY, that people join to lordaeron.

"join here, no shop, buffed raids and you play against donors in pvp" 10/10 server.

11. Is WotLK pvp really that dead? Been wanting to take a break from Outland where arena is pretty great, and level up on Lordaeron, but I like to pvp.. alot. So for someone like me there really is no point I guess??

12. @joeshmoe75

"join here, no shop, buffed raids and you play against donors in pvp" 10/10 server.
    This is the reality now. If you want a very painstakingly long path to full BIS pvp ( and probably never fully bis, cause getting the pve offset pieces will take literally years) then join lordaeron.

The better choice by far for you now will be to join icecrown it you want to pvp. Easy raids (people pug LOD there) and you can play with full BIS donors in arena against low geared ****ters in Lordaeron.

Anyone starting wotlk on warmane mainly focused on pvp would be quite dumb to start on Lordaeron imo

13. i exped on lordareon recently, did bg's against full bis donors to get start gear (furi) , it took me 3 weeks. In the arena we were able to beat better geared lord players . I mean 5,2k vs 5,8k gs (my partners is 4,2k gs), however i am curious how i can beat 6,7k with 5,2k (i am 2k5 exped on multiple classes). THey will oneshot US and our skill is uselless.

Currently i am exping alt, druid . On lord. However i stop it, why would i do that if i can go on Black, pick full rele and go kill lordies :)
    Edited: February 8, 2019

14. Is WotLK pvp really that dead? Been wanting to take a break from Outland where arena is pretty great, and level up on Lordaeron, but I like to pvp.. alot. So for someone like me there really is no point I guess??
    No, pvp isn't dead. but servers without wallet pvp are.

For the population on the realm (lordaeron) pvp is low. Leaving aside numbers of the page, (5k lol) you can see in your face 60-100 toons max level and the bgs and arenas don't pop.

In MoP servers for example , with 2k population instanced pvp is pretty active. Maybe because 5.4 is remember by pvp but not sure.

Before a merge, they should tried solo queue for arena and cross faction bg. RDF for example was a nice implementation for improve activity.

if you want to try pvp just join blackrock.

15. Is WotLK pvp really that dead? Been wanting to take a break from Outland where arena is pretty great, and level up on Lordaeron, but I like to pvp.. alot. So for someone like me there really is no point I guess??
    "Tryhard" to be honest, not let my personal feelings disturb objective opinion ...
    WotLK PvP is freaking great and alive, but it's going to drown without support . PvP is not working like it was in retail times. Problem is, most of the Players at the moment are playing mainly for Retro..ish kicks for PvE. When WotLK was retail there was plenty of PvP .
    Game is dated. PvP was great still in pay to win servers back Molten days. Now it's been a while since "Moltdown". too much BiS geared, donors or not, 3.3.5a freazed state. Transactions ViA internet, welthy players, or our moms with the Visa... many things greatly changed better for supporting this Overgeared realms state. There is only two opposite choices for realms to play here ( whole world atm.), and both is bad for PvP and especially for fun battlegrounds:

- Donor Pay2win realms - Rape of the "Earn" and "reward". Very much players, but not happy. Global worldwide, only still active defenitely ONLY HOPE WotLK Battlegrounds Warmane Icecrown. I've been around trust me.

- "Blizzlike" realms - Not enough players but for Retro PvE kicks. Dated expansion is the reason. - NO TOOLS FOR GEARING EVEN FOR BASIC PVP BATTLEGROUNDS, BECOURSE NO ARENAS AT ALL BUT , GLOBAL YELLING 2's DATES, AND WINTRADE 3's .

Please Warmane, make some rewarding system for Battlegrounds for players to gear better than Furious!! It's ridicilous if we are going to do 3's against for example Blackrock team solo queue teams... guys get Relentless for free startergear there :D Only wet dreams for most of the current players atm. here Lordaeron, heck we don't have even 2's here to play!!
    We will yeah now, but c'mon naked lowest rated Lordaeron teams, against lowest rated HC BiS Donors teams :D
    Warmane please, You must come out with something huh??

Meanwhile you can ask yourself why i am prefer and playing this: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...daeron/summary
    Over this: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

- Sibe -
    Edited: February 8, 2019

12 Last