1. Are prot warriors that bad for PvE?

I keep hearing about how awful prot warriors are for end-game PVE content and it's a bit discouraging because I've always enjoyed having one as an alt (first fell in love with one on WoTLK retail).

Aside from the 20% dodge nerf (ICC debuff), is it all been bugs or has the realm been tainted by poorly performing players?
    Edited: February 5, 2019

2. They're just the worst tank class. Lowest passive DR, lowest ehp, kinda meh CDs compared to a DK for example. But literally all content has been done with them. Iirc Dignity did no buff lod with warrior MT which I imagine was a nightmare for the healers, but they still did it. It's just not optimal for raid comps (with one boss exception being Anub in toc 25hc).

3. They're just the worst tank class. Lowest passive DR, lowest ehp, kinda meh CDs compared to a DK for example. But literally all content has been done with them. Iirc Dignity did no buff lod with warrior MT which I imagine was a nightmare for the healers, but they still did it. It's just not optimal for raid comps (with one boss exception being Anub in toc 25hc).
    Translation: Good luck pugging as a prot warrior.

DK was my 2nd favorite tank but something about charging around punching things with my shield was so nice. Though I did enjoy prot warrior better in Cata (Heroic leap + charging while in combat HNNNGHHH).

Thank you for your response!

4. Translation: Good luck pugging as a prot warrior.

DK was my 2nd favorite tank but something about charging around punching things with my shield was so nice. Though I did enjoy prot warrior better in Cata (Heroic leap + charging while in combat HNNNGHHH).

Thank you for your response!
    I pug with my prot warrior every raid out there. icc10,voa,etc. They aren't bad as people think, they are very gear dependent and you will occasionally see them.

5. They were one of the best tanks during progression (iirc) but one of the worst on farm (i.e atm).

6. They are not really that bad, they are just worst of the offered ones. Tho they can be lovely tanks anyway and I would rather take even a weaker geared warrior who know how to do his job, then some other better geared class that does not know how to do things. If you like it, give it a try, the only thing is that other tanks have more to offer, and make job little bit easier for the healers. :)
    You may encounter a little problems with finding a raid during low gear period, but in mid late it will be just fine.

7. In 0% buff they struggle a lot because of bad passives and average cooldowns, however, there is a prot warrior who has completed Light of Dawn on Lordaeron (look up Legrandewarr) so it's definitely not completely 100% unviable. They just don't bring any niche to the entire Bear / Prot Pala comp that DKs can fight for a place in (because of their double aura and plethora of cooldowns).

8. warriors are fine and have done all content that wotlk has to offer, if you wanna make a prot warrior go for it

9. I keep hearing about how awful prot warriors are for end-game PVE content and it's a bit discouraging because I've always enjoyed having one as an alt (first fell in love with one on WoTLK retail).

Aside from the 20% dodge nerf (ICC debuff), is it all been bugs or has the realm been tainted by poorly performing players?
    no lol they dope