1. 2 Weeks Ago  

Are prot warriors that bad for PvE?

I keep hearing about how awful prot warriors are for end-game PVE content and it's a bit discouraging because I've always enjoyed having one as an alt (first fell in love with one on WoTLK retail).

Aside from the 20% dodge nerf (ICC debuff), is it all been bugs or has the realm been tainted by poorly performing players?
    Edited: 2 Weeks Ago

2. 2 Weeks Ago  
    They're just the worst tank class. Lowest passive DR, lowest ehp, kinda meh CDs compared to a DK for example. But literally all content has been done with them. Iirc Dignity did no buff lod with warrior MT which I imagine was a nightmare for the healers, but they still did it. It's just not optimal for raid comps (with one boss exception being Anub in toc 25hc).

3. 2 Weeks Ago  
    They're just the worst tank class. Lowest passive DR, lowest ehp, kinda meh CDs compared to a DK for example. But literally all content has been done with them. Iirc Dignity did no buff lod with warrior MT which I imagine was a nightmare for the healers, but they still did it. It's just not optimal for raid comps (with one boss exception being Anub in toc 25hc).
    Translation: Good luck pugging as a prot warrior.

DK was my 2nd favorite tank but something about charging around punching things with my shield was so nice. Though I did enjoy prot warrior better in Cata (Heroic leap + charging while in combat HNNNGHHH).

Thank you for your response!

4. 1 Week Ago  
    Translation: Good luck pugging as a prot warrior.

DK was my 2nd favorite tank but something about charging around punching things with my shield was so nice. Though I did enjoy prot warrior better in Cata (Heroic leap + charging while in combat HNNNGHHH).

Thank you for your response!
    I pug with my prot warrior every raid out there. icc10,voa,etc. They aren't bad as people think, they are very gear dependent and you will occasionally see them.

5. 1 Week Ago  
    They were one of the best tanks during progression (iirc) but one of the worst on farm (i.e atm).

6. 1 Week Ago  
    They are not really that bad, they are just worst of the offered ones. Tho they can be lovely tanks anyway and I would rather take even a weaker geared warrior who know how to do his job, then some other better geared class that does not know how to do things. If you like it, give it a try, the only thing is that other tanks have more to offer, and make job little bit easier for the healers. :)
    You may encounter a little problems with finding a raid during low gear period, but in mid late it will be just fine.

7. 1 Week Ago  
    In 0% buff they struggle a lot because of bad passives and average cooldowns, however, there is a prot warrior who has completed Light of Dawn on Lordaeron (look up Legrandewarr) so it's definitely not completely 100% unviable. They just don't bring any niche to the entire Bear / Prot Pala comp that DKs can fight for a place in (because of their double aura and plethora of cooldowns).

8. 1 Week Ago  
    warriors are fine and have done all content that wotlk has to offer, if you wanna make a prot warrior go for it

9. 1 Week Ago  
    I keep hearing about how awful prot warriors are for end-game PVE content and it's a bit discouraging because I've always enjoyed having one as an alt (first fell in love with one on WoTLK retail).

Aside from the 20% dodge nerf (ICC debuff), is it all been bugs or has the realm been tainted by poorly performing players?
    no lol they dope