1. Lordaeron RDF - First Dungeon Not Gone Well

Heya,

I just wanted to put a feeler out to see whether this was an isolated problem, or it's something I need to account for when queueing.

I used RDF for the first time yesterday and was a bit nervous knowing that everything on Lordaeron has 3X stats and the dungeon finder queues you for instances that can go way above your level.

At level 21, myself and my friend got queued for SFK after about 40 minutes. I was queueing as a healer. We had a level 16 tank. First pack of 2 werewolves, I have to already spam Healing Touch (Druid) because my HOTs can't keep him up. He was a few pixels of health close to dying by the end of it, and I already used half my mana in that one pull.

Second pack, I don't even manage to get off a heal, aside from a pre-cast rejuvination, he just goes splat in the time it takes for me to try and cast another healing touch on him. DPS points at the tank being too low. I just said I am unable to heal that and left. There was just absolutely no point in carrying on that instance.

So, aside from people who get boosts, do you actually ever use the dungeon finder, at low level at least, on random setting, or do you actually pick dungeons that are within your level? How do you tackle dungeons otherwise? Do you skip RDF all together and just shout in Global? Issues like this will happen all the time - the RDF has certain levels, and those levels don't seem to account for the 3X modification the server has.

I am in a guild but there don't seem to be many lower level characters when I play, so I do struggle to get a group together, and being fairly new on the server, I don't have a huge community to rely on yet. It will come with time.

This is not asking to nerf anything, I just would like to know how you guys decide to queue and for what, generally speaking, when you don't want to be boosted.

Thanks.

2. what 3x are you talking about? lord is a 1x realm. and as far as i'm aware the only thing that is buffed is end game content.

your issue simply sounds like both you and the tank were under leveled/under geared for the instance.

3. I am not sure I agree with you, I believe all content has 3x stats. I tested it on Dalaran vs Lordaeron. I picked the same spider, it took me 20 seconds to kill it on Dalaran. It took me a minute to kill it on Lordaeron. Same starting area, same gear, same spider level. 1 minute = 3 x20 seconds.

At least compared to Dalaran, Lordaeron is tuned to be 3x harder.

1x refers to the exp.

Regarding gear - yes, the tank was level 16, I already said that. However if that is what I need to expect, then I need to adjust when I queue/what I queue for.
    Edited: February 6, 2019