1. Best Pre-Squish Investments?

Hello There! I scrounged up a good deal of gold over my time played, but for the upcoming squish, I'm just seeking opinions on the best items to invest in!

Also - after a squish, will we see a flood of items in the AH at discounts? Or does the AH become temporarily scarce, driving prices up?

Thanks!

2. If you're looking to make money, you're best off getting your hands on desirable materials and items and selling them.

3. Awesome! I'm already on my way then. After the squish is it more common for prices to collapse or inflate?

4. People are selling high now because there are so many people that will try to buy stuff up to try and "convert" their gold. Prices will plummet after the squish when everyone floods the market with their materials and items, and due to over-saturation, very little will sell.

5. Excellent - so it sounds like it's actually best to buy items, hold them, then start selling after prices normalize.
    I'm assuming things such as infinite dust, titansteel, titanium, primordials, etc., are good bets

6. It's actually best to sell them now, before the squish, if you can manage it. Primordials and the rarer BoEs (like Blood Queen neck) are the prime candidates for that. Crafting materials may be best sold here in a couple months indeed.

7. I don't do anything. I allow my gold to get squished and then after it happens and mats drop in price by 50-60% I buy EVERYTHING. To re-sell later.

8. I'm loving this gold squish; atm selling mats for 3 to 5 times the price and not feeling a bit bad about it. Everyone trying to get rid of their gold is fine by me, I got myself travelers tundra mammoth, the mammoths from Sons of Hodir QM, Cenarion war hypogryph, Wyrmest QM mount etc. All those I was usually too lazy to farm gold for. I just pity the new players, for whom this was allegedly done... :)

9. Probably best to buy what you need and may need in the future. Have an ilvl 264 weapon? Plan on upgrading once or twice to 271 or 284? Get the enchs, gems, and w/e you need for the next items. Same if you are planning another char, or off spec, etc...

10. You better don't buy or sell mats before the squish. Making people panic about their gold is the whole point!

You best keep doing what you usually do, except perhaps for spending some of it on fixed price stuff. Coz if you buy prior to the robbery, you're stuck with loads of items, if you try to sell them in advance you effectively are selling them for half the price. If you sell them afterwards, youll be selling them on a collapsed market for unreasonably low prices.

My advice: spend some of it on fixed priced stuff like flying trainings and such, and don't try to "convert" or 'rescue" anything. It is best never to buy or sell gold using coins; instead, you better get hearsed in making gold, which is really quite easy in Frostwolf. If you spend your coins on gold, you face the same issue at the start of the next year: your purchase will be cut in half, whereas even low levels can have more than the gold they need, simply by playing wow as it's supposed to.

11. Just came back from a busy month at work and see this BS!? Im so close to Cold Weather Flying and now have to start over again!? summmmm bullllllllll ****tttttt Warmane

12. Cold weather flying is 1k gold lol.. im sorry that you struggle getting your hands on that money

13. At the squish announcement turn all your Gold into stuff - immediately. The close you get to the date of the squish the more expensive this action would be for you.

You need gold on hands for something before the squish? Simple sell few of those mats for x4 x5 times the price (because those will be the prices)

The reverse is also an option if you would need gold rather then mats right after the squish. Just turn your mats into gold right before the squish everything you have will be at least 3 times more expensive and in the end the squish is just x2 times less expensive - profit

Good luck

14. Buy BoP items from vendors what you need yourself. Like above mentioned Travellers Tunra Mammoth etc expensive NPC vendors BoP stuff. Not very clever to buy stacks of Epic gems, Portable Holes, Chopper parts, BoE only for reselling purposes after the squish, if you are not ready to wait 6 months to resell. Markets flood these long time after squish. Stacking gold is one good idea. Gold-Power after squish, most players spend it before :)

I don't do hardcore business anymore, otherwise i would told you to buy my enchants and gems now before squish 4xprice. :D :D

15. @ Duubadaaba - 6 months to resell ? The thing is that this process of ''normalization'' gets faster with each reset. Last time it didnt took 6 months , prices were nearing the old in like 3 months. Furthermore, the economy is broken even with this squish that some people were buying my stacks of Fires at nearing pre-squish prices, immediately after the squish, like they dont care about the numbers.

My expectation now is to happen even faster, simply because people ''learned'' how to profit from this.

In the end this squish will make some people that in general have a lot of money even more money. I am all hands in for it as I have been profiting from it as well.

I only feel back for the Outland guys , those 5 k for the flying ... this is butchering them .

12 Last