1. Getting Raid Ready for Fury Warrior

Hello,

I just dinged 80 on my human fury warrior and I want to work my way towards raiding gear and ultimately BiS. I went through some of the other threads that talk about gearing but they're mostly focused on BiS which is a long ways away for me since I'm packing greens and blues at the moment.
    So I have a few questions about how to get raid ready in Icecrown.

Which stats should I prioritize on armor/weapons/trinkets?
    Should I spam random (or specific) dungeons for boss drops?
    Should I save emblems or other currency and use vendors/auction house?
    Are there specific quests or events that award good gear?
    Should I prioritize things like enchants and jewels or hold off until I have more permanent gear?

I'm pretty new so I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

2. Hello,

I just dinged 80 on my human fury warrior and I want to work my way towards raiding gear and ultimately BiS. I went through some of the other threads that talk about gearing but they're mostly focused on BiS which is a long ways away for me since I'm packing greens and blues at the moment.
    So I have a few questions about how to get raid ready in Icecrown.

Which stats should I prioritize on armor/weapons/trinkets?
    Should I prioritize things like enchants and jewels or hold off until I have more permanent gear?

Thanks!
    Hi,
    your most valuable stats are expertise (untill 26), hit (untill 8% with talents) >>> Strength = 2.6 attack power > armor penetration > crit >> haste. (at around 800 arpen, arpen becomes better than str). Agi gear is often better itemized, so dont avoid it (but dont search it too much either - simple rule... a bit lower agi gear with arpen is almost always better than non-arpen plate).

Ideally you want to run fos/pos a few times (if friends can carry you - great, if not it will take a bit of time to get ready for them). You want to farm a lot of Emblem of Triumph - to buy t9 or some vendor items. (either in rdf hc or fos/pos)

Farm toc5 for banner of victory trinket. And fos hc for needle-encrusted-scorpion.

If you have gold - getting battered hilt (agi version with arpen) is really good, since getting two good two handers is slow-ish.

I used to gem 232-251 gear with rare gems and save epics for better only.

3. Which stats should I prioritize on armor/weapons/trinkets?
    Armor: Priority Strength with Exp/Hit. Agility gear will do good too in cases like it offers 200 agility compared to your current item with 40str.
    Weapons: Strength > AttPwr.
    slow > faster
    Trinkets: Whatever you can find. Avoid haste, Dodge and spellpower trinkets.
    Yes. The benefits are twofolds. Firstly you will get half decent pieces from rdf that are better than your green pieces. Secondly you will get emblems that you can use to purchase tier9 and tier10.gears. which are generally better than random gear on account of their piece bonus.

Yes. Emblems of Frost save them up for tier10 gear pieces. Go for Head/Shoulder/Chest item first with Frost's. In case you get lucky in a VoA and win a tier 10 hands/leg item.
    Gold is always good to buy gear from the auction house. The blacksmithing ilvl264 dps boots and ilvl245 wrists are definitely must buy.
    Emblems of Triumph use them to buy t9 gear and other offset pieces like thrown weapon, trinket, offset shoulders/head.

Knights of the Ebonblade and Sons of Hodir reputation are gained through quests. And they definitely give some decent weapons and gear pieces for fury warriors.

A simple rule. If the item is ilvl 200+ you can enchant/gem it. But if the enchant/gem costs more than100g you can hold off.

The purpose of obtaining better gear is to access more toxic and more time consuming game content. So be careful what you wish for.

4. Thanks for the advice,

I've made some good progress over the weekend and farmed exalted with Argent dawn and Wyrmrest and managed to get my GS up to 3k. I still don't have access to heroic dungeons which is annoying, what is the threshold for unlocking those?

Gold is always good to buy gear from the auction house. The blacksmithing ilvl264 dps boots and ilvl245 wrists are definitely must buy.
    I have BS maxed out on my warrior, what are these boots and wrists called? Is the recipe for these easily acquired or do I need to grind reputation to unlock them?

5. Thanks for the advice,

I've made some good progress over the weekend and farmed exalted with Argent dawn and Wyrmrest and managed to get my GS up to 3k. I still don't have access to heroic dungeons which is annoying, what is the threshold for unlocking those?

I have BS maxed out on my warrior, what are these boots and wrists called? Is the recipe for these easily acquired or do I need to grind reputation to unlock them?
    You need an average iLvl of 187+ to queue RDF HC. ICC5 (FoS, PoS, HoR HC) requires a bit higher.

Rep farming is good. You'll need them for helmet and shoulder enchants and it's a nice way to make some gold. My advice is to make groups for FoS / PoS normal. These are quite easy dungeons and if you have a half decent protection off-spec, it shouldn't be a huge issue finding groups for it. 4-5 runs from here and a few good drops should easily get you up to 4-4.5k GS. Don't be afraid to roll for badly itemized gear if no one else needs them -- the iLvl from that stuff can help with RDF HC.

Boots - [Hellfrozen Bonegrinders] - you need Ashen Verdict reputation and 1 Primordial Saronite to buy the recipe. Don't worry about the recipe, just farm gold for the primos and then collect the other mats (assuming you're a miner) and have a blacksmith make them for you.

Wrists - [Titanium Spikeguards] - it's a recipe that drops from ToC 25. Same as above -- get mats, find a blacksmith with the recipe. Sometimes you can even find the recipe for a good price on the AH.

A good course of action for you would be to,
    1) Farm a lot of gold to buy some BoEs,
    a) [Hellfrozen Bonegrinders]
    b) [Titanium Spikeguards]
    c) Battered Hilt -- Agility / ArPen sword
    d) [Wodin's Lucky Necklace]
    e) [Ring of Rotting Sinew]
    f) [Darkmoon Card: Greatness] (not a 100% necessary but still a very solid trinket)
    2) Ashen Verdict reputation farm (trash clear / stairs farm) for the friendly agility or strength ring
    3) FoS / PoS / HoR normal farm to get epics and collect Emblems of Triumph (EoT)
    4) Farm ToC5n for Banner of Victory and useful off pieces
    5) RDF HC -- farm EoT until your eyes bleed
    6) FoS / PoS HC -- look out on chat for groups that fly into the instance. This drops some very decent 232 gear and BiS pre-raid axe [Tyrranical Beheader] and trinket [Needle-Encrusted Scorpion]
    7) Weekly raid quest. Look for [Flame Leviathan Must Die!], this gives 5 free frosts and EoT and requires no GS

If you follow this stuff, you should be 5k gs and ready for entry raids and ICC10 alt runs in a 2-3 weeks max and easily going to VoA10s and 25s for your t10 pieces and free frosts.

Hope that helps.

6. This stuff is great, thank you so much for taking the time to list this out for me. Hopefully I can check off a few of the items on the shopping list before the gold squish happens.