1. Name change question.

Hello, I know the rule nowadays is that you have to wait 30 days upon character deletion for the name to be available, but my question is this:
    If I use name change on the character name I want to clear instead of deleting the character, would the name be cleared instantly?

P.S. I recreated the thread here considering no one replied to the last one and I cannot bump it ^^

Would really appreciate a staff member address this.

2. Greetings

You want to rename an existing char and take that name later? I suppose it could work because the char is stored with the current name.

I did this experience: I could use the name of a renamed "nameless" char after deleting a level 1 char. I created this fresh char because I wanted to see if the name of the nameless char is still available after server clean. There are some tricks, and I suppose, your trick should work too.

Regards

3. Greetings.

I can confirm that if you have reserved a name and want to create/rename another character with this name, your method will work.

I did the same thing here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....22#post2976422

It's the only way around the 30-day rule, and will cost you 20 points if you're gonna use the name on a main character though.

tldr: A rename instantly frees up the name, yes.

Regards