1. gold squish whats the point?

Seems like gold squish incoming completely ruined Outlands economy. All the stuff became 3x more expensive in AH, cause all ppl start to spend their spare gold for items. For example 75g large prismatic shards etc. I belive after squish, ppl have less gold, so everthing will become cheaper, because less gold on realm, should be make things cheaper, but the panic raised tripple price, so in best case after squish we gonna have same prices, and ppl lost gold?

Seems like the farmbots got banned, or went to other realms to make some money of botting. Outland ah and everything was pretty balanced and ok, so for , so long, what's the point of doing this for real?

2. I hope their thinking is that it helps reduce the effect of botting on the economy. I fear they think it helps mitigate inflation (it doesn't), and that inflation is even a bad thing to begin with (it isn't).

People complain about inflation, but inflation doesn't do anything but make static vendor prices become relatively cheaper over time. What does this mean? It means you can farm a couple stacks of herbs/ore, sell at an inflated price (let's just say 500g per stack), and it only takes you 10 stacks of mats to afford epic flying. "But what about new players to the server, they can't afford a 500g stack of mats!" - They can if they farm lower level mats that sell for high prices (because inflation affects those mats too).

So who exactly is harmed by inflation? No one.

Who is harmed by gold squish? Anyone legitimately farming mats and storing their value in gold. This causes people to horde mats and contribute less to the economy, which is bad for everyone.
    Edited: February 14, 2019

3. Actually,you wont have to spend 20 days farming 20 k gold,just to sell it for 40 coins.

People gonna be able to actually afford enchants.

Soulfrost,Soulfire,Mongoose were never almost 2k,and that was 2 months ago.These days its even more.

Professions leveling,i spent 5 k gold to get ench 1-366 10 days ago,and i had over 40 Outland rare items in my bank ,i saved there lots of gold.

I cant even imagine price JC,Engi or BS...

If u farmed mats on your own for those professions,it would take 2 months to level it to max.

4. None of the situations you listed will take any more or less time to achieve.

20 days farming 20k gold 40 coins you said. After squish, 20 days farming yields 10k gold (because AH prices adjust down half after squish) and coins per gold goes up by double (because gold has become twice as valuable overnight), which means it still yields 40 coins. At the end of the equation you still spent 20 days to get 40 coins.

Result? No effect.

5. So who exactly is harmed by inflation?
    Everybody who earns his gold by doing daily quests which is like 80% of the playerbase.

6. Nope.

Primal fire was always around 40-50

Primal Mana was always around 15-20

Primal Water was always around 15-20

Netherw. Cloth was always around 3-5 gold

Arcane tomes and fel armaments,were always around 14-25 gold

And ****load of other materials.

Its your own fault because you don't know what to farm.If you craft epic items,and spam wts for weeks,just to earn 300 gold,don't expect to earn any gold.

Btw why would anyone stockpile gold on private server?You know there was gold squish last year...Why do u need 300 k gold,like some dude in game claims he has?Or even 50k gold?And even then,you can sell it for coins or spend all gold on mats and re-sell mats after.If you have any brain,you would not lose single gold.
    Edited: February 15, 2019

7. Are they going to cut prices of NPC's as well? Because I am saving up to get Cold Weather flying on the Lordaeron server. And I almost have enough just by questing and such. Problem is, I'm lvl 71 and I don't think I can make it to 77 in 1 day.
    It only works if the prices of NPCs are also halved.

Now I won't have trouble getting the money back. But let's say wou were saving up for fast flying? And you almost have 5k and you're getting set back to 2500g. Now that's just rude.

People still had to put in the work to farm. And now you come in and take half? Sounds like some communist regime.
    Warmane=Stalin.

8. Everybody who earns his gold by doing daily quests which is like 80% of the playerbase.
    Nothing prevents these people from farming mats and selling on the AH, which lets them benefit from inflation and also contributes to a healthy AH with high item availability.