1. What stats to stack on a prot war 79?

Hello. I decided to twink at 79. I'm new to PvP. I have the savage set which gives resilence and crit. What gems and enchants should I do now? I currently have enchanted hit rating and crit rating, but the hit rating is pretty insignificat since I have one yellow socket and wep enchant for hit rating and these two same enchants and gems give crit rating.

Also what are the caps for crit rating and resilence, does anyone know? I would appreciate some help.

2. > new to pvp
    > lvl 79
    > prot

You really check all the boxes don't you ?
    Maybe you would appreciate some help, but we would appreciate that you don't plague this bracket even more. Play another bracket or roll a real spec

3. indeed it is and youre not welcome here if you roll prot spec, gl

4. Unless ur lv70 prot war, dont even try making stupid 79 plate class, no need of them as we already got ****TON OF THEM ON BOTH SIDES OMFG

5. Unless ur lv70 prot war, dont even try making stupid 79 plate class, no need of them as we already got ****TON OF THEM ON BOTH SIDES OMFG
    I already did that.
    Anyway can someone answer my question?

6. dont make 79 plate prot, just dont, dont take space in bgs, at all, with any of your characters, for the love of god. dont, no More PROTS

7. I already did that.
    Anyway can someone answer my question?
    After seeing all these replies, I hope you find what you're looking for!

8. So what is exactly the problem with having too many prots on a bg? Someone care to explain?

9. > somehow thinking that being toxic will make someone roll 70 instead of 79
    News flash: that's a good way to encourage people to make more 79s

Anyway, the caps for things like crit/resil/hit/ArP will be very similar to the values needed at level 80. It's practically impossible to cap any of those (except hit) due to the fact that your stats scale like those of an 80 but your gear doesn't.

Most Prot Warriors try to maximize their Shield Slam damage by stacking Block Value and Strength/ArP. Instead of using the full Savage set, you'll want to mix in some level 70 PvE pieces with block value and sockets (for example, things like this). Keep in mind, however, the effect of BV on Shield Slam diminishes after 1935.5 and stops altogether after 3120.5. I would probably gem for hit (until you have 5% for fighting 79s or 6% for fighting 80s) and then gem for strength (since it's impossible to hit the ArP cap at 79). Throw in resilience or stamina gems (probably stamina) as needed.
    Edited: February 12, 2019 Reason: Typos

10. Thanks for the reply. I'll put stamina gems and enchants.

11. Like Randomdim said, it will not be possible to reach a point with armor pen that will be worth for you to gem for it. Make sure you are hit capped and go for strenght for more attack power and block value. Additional stamina and resilience are never uselesss as well. But hit cap should be priority.