1. MaxGearScore Battleground and Arena filter! [All realms]

So i made a couple of posts here and there and I "gathered" some confidence to speak about this again since most people like the idea.
    (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=398548 <- previous thread)
    So here I go:
    What I find fitting for Lordaeron players and for everyone basically since other realms dont like your undergeared tiny army in the BGs is something
    I'd like to call MGS or MaxGearScore (not to be confused with MMR or MaxMemoryRating but it uses the same principle).
    What this does and means is that It doesnt allow people from Blackrock and Icecrown to enter a BG against Lordaeron players or with them if these Blackrock/Icecrown players have or had above 6,3 GearScore since on Lordaeron almost no one have heroic gear let alone Shadowmourne or hc 25 LK weapons..
    A little bit more detail on the system of this filter:
    The idea is for this filter to remember the largest GearScore u have to prevent going past it by removing your gear and equiping it back on when you enter a Battleground or Arena.

And for those who think Im doing it because of myself - I do not, I may not have heroic gear but Im 5/5 wf and skilled enough to match them- the issue is that an avarage player would almost NEVER have a chance vs someone of their skill level bc the chances of their oponents having heroic gear or even shadowmourne is higher due to the fact that Blackrock and Icecrown not only have donate shops but have easier to get items (ICC is easier and 1,8 rating for heroic gear is easier rather than finding a guild wich believe me is a pain in the.. anyway and clearing this hard content wich is another issue for the "avarage" player if he/she wants to match these Icecrowners and Blackrockers and be on the same level as they are.

I think applying this filter will solve the major issue with how players feel and motivate them to be not only more active but actually progress with gear and skillwise since
    at this moment theres no "avarage" player , there just hardcore PvE players that dont play PvP (and theyre the only ones who have the gear to match Icecrowners btw while there a few exceptions ofc) and hardcore PvP players who had the gear a year before the merge.
    Adding this filter will solve the issue with people leaving and will motivate new people to come to Lordaeron aswell.
    Not to mention that it will be greatly appreciated by I can promise you at least 80% of the players here.

Im sorry for the long post.

-Gothie
    Edited: February 13, 2019 Reason: Poll removed

2. I want to stress this out that what we DONT want to stop 6,3+ Icecrown/Blackrock people from playing bgs with and against lower GS people from their realms (Blackrock/Icecrown) but this to be applied only with and against players from Lordaeron!

3. Nice, but after this we are back in the days before crossrealm. No Alterac Valley nor IoC. All manipulation of Battlegrounds GS separations/limiters have negative effects very much. In arenas it's completely different ballgame. You playing among the donors at BG's, but you are playing mostly only against donors at arenas.

Edit:
    Already there is a lot of players at BG's with Smournes and heroic weapons in this new gs separation system lower gs bg's. Twink-a-like tweaked 5.5 GS guys with Smournes and HC stuff farming 2k players. You know good weapon and HC trinkets are the very first coinshop purchases for new players, so this is going to be problematic very soon also.

- Sibe -
    Edited: February 12, 2019

4. Nice, but after this we are back in the days before crossrealm. No Alterac Valley nor IoC. All manipulation of Battlegrounds GS separations/limiters have negative effects very much. In arenas it's completely different ballgame. You playing among the donors at BG's, but you are playing mostly only against donors at arenas.

- Sibe -
    I think u havent red the whole thing or u have red only a fraction of it, let me make it clear once again:

If this filter gets applied Lordaeron will still play vs Icecrown/blackrock and with Icecrown/blackrock only that these from the other realms will be limited to being under 6,3 for example.
    We will still have constant pop bc Icecrown will have and has atm many undergeared and many people with avarage gear score.

5. I think u havent red the whole thing or u have red only a fraction of it, let me make it clear once again:

If this filter gets applied Lordaeron will still play vs Icecrown/blackrock and with Icecrown/blackrock only that these from the other realms will be limited to being under 6,3 for example.
    We will still have constant pop bc Icecrown will have and has atm many undergeared and many people with avarage gear score.
    I read the whole thing. Bigger BG's pop drops radically here in Lordaeron. Btw yesterday wasn't one Alterac Valley nor IoC first time after Crossrealm becourse of separated gs. I am playing 5.7k GS handicap tho. It's under tweaking atm. so i understand this, but still...

- Sibe -

6. I played yesterday and i sign only IOC and AV bc there they only bgs i need for achievements and i was playing all day o.O even to this moment.

7. I played yesterday and i sign only IOC and AV bc there they only bgs i need for achievements and i was playing all day o.O even to this moment.
    And your gearscore is, bank items including? we are getting close my point maby...

Edit: o your gs was mentioned in your earlier posts 6.2k+. Yeh thats exactly my point.

- Sibe -

8. And your gearscore is, bank items including? we are getting close my point maby...

- Sibe -
    I dont think i understood your question.

But I want to say that maybe there some little problems despite players not being something statistic and can be often devided using another system that selects % of players but I digress .. I came to realise that this m8 be good only for Arenas.

9. I dont think i understood your question.

But I want to say that maybe there some little problems despite players not being something statistic and can be often devided using another system with % but I digress .. I came to realise that this m8 be good only for Arenas.
    The fact you have 6.2k+ gs and i only 5.7k already effecting in current gs separation system for our bigger bg's pops. I haven't at all and you have plenty. I am slayering 2k gs players and you have good battles, with maby more advanced players in tactics too :) It's complicated... butterfly effect a like. I hope this will be tweaked, i simply liked the idea of "among the donors" vs. separation or limiting, splitting already small community of WotLK Battleground oriented players.
    I can't say it's great solution, but it's the only option for all 6 BG's to pop for Lordaeron players atm. I hope there only was one alternate option. And Working one. Was there?
    How about premades? If separated gs like atm. and premade group of 5 players has 5k - 6k gs will they get in the same bg now? dunno answer for that one, and there is many questions more . Limiting GS to 6.3k against only Lordaeron realm queued battlegrounds will have quite big effects aswell.

Arenas indeed are VERY unfair for Lordaeron players in current system. Needs atenttion and solution asap.
    Overall very hard situation in PvP we have, and no painless solutions aviable.

@Gothie. Sorry my bad outcome, i really respect your effort for the community here.

- Sibe - the forum weeper

10. Battleground queue separation by gear is already active.

https://www.warmane.com/devlog

Update on Crossrealm
    February 10, 2019

We are currently finishing up Blackrocks final changes, it will also join the WoTLK battlegroup in the next couple of days. When this is complete, we will also be making a few additional changes to Crossrealm:

- The Arena queue system will prioritize matches against players from your own realm. Only after a set amount of time, it should start looking for opponents elsewhere.
    - Battlegrounds will receive also get an update which will separate battlegrounds based on player gear. But only when enough players are in the queue.

We hope to have this all up and running within two weeks.
    Battleground gear seperation is live. The check includes all gear available, both in bags and in bank.
    Fresh level 80's and those with a bit of gear should have better quality matches from now on if enough similair geared players are in the queue.

Note that its a first implementation of the system and we will tweak it along the way.

11. So i made a couple of posts here and there and I "gathered" some confidence to speak about this again since most people like the idea.
    (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=398548 <- previous thread)
    So here I go:
    What I find fitting for Lordaeron players and for everyone basically since other realms dont like your undergeared tiny army in the BGs is something
    I'd like to call MGS or MaxGearScore (not to be confused with MMR or MaxMemoryRating but it uses the same principle).
    What this does and means is that It doesnt allow people from Blackrock and Icecrown to enter a BG against Lordaeron players or with them if these Blackrock/Icecrown players have or had above 6,3 GearScore since on Lordaeron almost no one have heroic gear let alone Shadowmourne or hc 25 LK weapons..
    A little bit more detail on the system of this filter:
    The idea is for this filter to remember the largest GearScore u have to prevent going past it by removing your gear and equiping it back on when you enter a Battleground or Arena.

And for those who think Im doing it because of myself - I do not, I may not have heroic gear but Im 5/5 wf and skilled enough to match them- the issue is that an avarage player would almost NEVER have a chance vs someone of their skill level bc the chances of their oponents having heroic gear or even shadowmourne is higher due to the fact that Blackrock and Icecrown not only have donate shops but have easier to get items (ICC is easier and 1,8 rating for heroic gear is easier rather than finding a guild wich believe me is a pain in the.. anyway and clearing this hard content wich is another issue for the "avarage" player if he/she wants to match these Icecrowners and Blackrockers and be on the same level as they are.

I think applying this filter will solve the major issue with how players feel and motivate them to be not only more active but actually progress with gear and skillwise since
    at this moment theres no "avarage" player , there just hardcore PvE players that dont play PvP (and theyre the only ones who have the gear to match Icecrowners btw while there a few exceptions ofc) and hardcore PvP players who had the gear a year before the merge.
    Adding this filter will solve the issue with people leaving and will motivate new people to come to Lordaeron aswell.
    Not to mention that it will be greatly appreciated by I can promise you at least 80% of the players here.

This is a poll i made, feel free to check it out -takes up to 5 seconds to look at and answer the question:
    https://www.poll-maker.com/poll2247923xfffd40EA-64

Im sorry for the long post.

-Gothie
    AhHAHahhAhahahAhahahahAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAahahhaaha haHAHAHAHAHAHaHHA!

12. AhHAHahhAhahahAhahahahAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAhAahahhaaha haHAHAHAHAHAHaHHA!
    https://imgur.com/a/h51qacI

Same.

13. I have better solution if you are Lord player like me.

Step 1. Sell all your chars on lord, people buy those a lot in my experience, of course now with this change no one will want to buy lord char ,but you never know.
    Step 2. Make a Pala - its better then war, coz you can play heal as well in the end and heal SM wars up to 1800 rate by using the famous technique ''faceroll''
    Step 3. Buy SM - a must to be able to join the SM community

The trolling aside (tho its a solution if you are arena rat) Good suggestion. And the Poll , no need to check the results , its obvious both sides want this.

As an Ice player I dont want 5.5 k GS ''noobs'' to join my SM lazorz bgs
    As a Lord player I dont want to run my bloody tears-acquired Bryntroll (normal ofc, what did you think ) into SMs stacked with 3x 34 ARP gems ( lol.. arp on a pala )

14. We already have poll creation disabled for players for a reason. If we find a subject we wish to have a poll about, we will create one.

That aside, as Repost already stated, a system is being tested and worked on to prioritize players fighting within their own servers for arena matches, and within the same iLevel range for battlegrounds taking into consideration all items a character has, even those in bags and such. That makes this suggestion obsolete, as it already deals with said issues, the only exceptions being if there just aren't enough people queuing to fill groups, in which case players outside the server/iLevel range can be picked.