1. Warmane's recent development and future information

Greetings Warmane community,

We just want to drop a short announcement in regards to our most recent updates on Blackrock and our cross-realm functionality. We have concluded our work on cross-realm lately in terms of PvP and we are also considering to add dungeon finder as an option for the Wrath of the Lich King realms in the distant future.

All three Wrath of the Lich King realms (Blackrock, Icecrown, Lordaeron) are connected and utilize our battleground server which takes some of the load off our own realms and separates a lot of the way the game is handled, in a proper way it should be done. The arena system prioritizes players from their home realm before expanding the pool of possible opponents.

We have also reviewed the feedback from Lordaeron players and we have devised a way to properly separate players based on their gear to bring a lot of balance in battlegrounds. This enables a fair, balanced way of playing battlegrounds for everyone, from newbies to hardened veterans. It functions by actually separating the playerbase, based on all of the gear that they have, in brackets which basically makes you match up against people who are similarly geared. Skill is the deciding factor.

We are also happy to see that the population has increased both on the Lordaeron and Blackrock realm, since we have implemented the feature. Blackrock has received a significant update, basically a core swap, and the new core has been worked on by the same developers who originally worked and maintained the Blackrock core. We have also devised a way to provide Shadowmourne to worthy players, by designing a quest chain which revolves around PvP and it takes a similar amount of time as it does to complete the actual quest chain on other WoTLK realms.

We continue to also work on our Mists of Pandaria realm, we have focused on solving the issues with priority although most of our time has been captured by our other realms. As priorities shuffle, we will take a look at PvE content to polish the encounters which have been changed by updates to underlying systems.

We are also looking into tuning some of the content on Lordaeron to make it more approachable as some of the encounters, while challenging, were also rarely defeated. While considering the great amount of numbers, we will be also careful to keep the content challenging. We will look deeply into the numbers we have and modifications in terms of small fixes might come to all our realms depending on the research.

This has been just a little short update on what the team is working on. This does not include everything, as the daily tasks that come and go are far too many to write down in a forum post. Warmane is a living organism with many people, with various functions and duties, that make it what it is. To conclude this rather large wall of text, we'll leave in a little treat. A small number of developers and our quality assurance personnel is working on a rather secret project and we are making great strides so far and our core and years of work that we have put into it is making all of it is easier. We hope to reveal more information soon!

Kind regards,
    Warmane

2. Most of the work that we have been doing on Wrath of the Lich King, which involves vanilla fixes and dungeon work is all also applied to the Outland. The cores are compatible.

Also, all of the performance updates as well get directly applied. We are also looking to re-tune some of the content but not with a great extent. The marketplace will get another, but small, update and the realm might be a part of something bigger in the future ;)

3. Nothing about frostwolf? Warmane please dont ignore your onky mop server. All know it's in its most though period. Let the people know your plans about it and stop ignore us please.

4. Thank you guys for the updates; it's very much appreciated.

We are also looking into tuning some of the content on Lordaeron to make it more approachable as some of the encounters, while challenging, were also rarely defeated. While considering the great amount of numbers, we will be also careful to keep the content challenging. We will look deeply into the numbers we have and modifications in terms of small fixes might come to all our realms depending on the research.
    I hope there is some nuance taken with these number adjustments on most bosses as it seems there are a lot of guilds on both Alliance and Horde who are consistently clearing heroic content now. With the exception of Lady (http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=398356 *cough*, I hope my post had something to do with this action), I don't feel there's too many bosses that aren't within reach of many guilds except for the typically difficult ICC bosses. Either way, thank you!

5. The arena system prioritizes players from their home realm before expanding the pool of possible opponents. This is good but 1 min is too long especially in 3s if u can decrease this to 20 or 30 secs would be better i mean point to make xrealm was for faster ques but need to wait atleast 1 min to acces xrealm teams just dont make sense.Also u cant play soloq in blackrock as horde cuz not enough players make it like before Horde and Alliance should be able to play in 1 team like before.

6. The staff's objective according to what's said is to make the game more enjoyable and fairer to everyone, without forgetting to make it challenging, So I'll go through it step by step i hope my opinion will be considered, anyone who wanna give his opinion is more than welcome:
    1- battlegrounds don't give a significant reward to start with, so it's okey to keep mixed geared players, if it's luck then luck for all you and your oponents, if it's difference between factions (as alliance have more players wich is expected) then it's just challenging - who don't like a good challenge -? anyway as said battlegrounds are not the core pvp challenge and it's a showcase of cordination rather than skill. So, my suggestion is if you can integrate ranked battlegrounds into the server.
    2- Arenas, Okey, So, I know it's really hard to balance the game, the shadowmoorne and the arena, and the prioritization system, about the prioritization system, the crossrealm arena is a long awaited update, why because it makes arena more challenging, more players, more playstyles, and you gotta adjust your playstyle your gear, your strategies to that (although it's pretty much bookwritten by this level), So limiting the matchmaking possibilities due to prioritazation system that tbh is not needed will only limit the possibilities, a good player should be ready for all.
    Shadowmoorne, waw, So, the objective of the game is fairness for everyone, I won't give you an item that will allow you to increase your winrate considerably and make a huge difference just because you own it, but then again, tbh SM won't be that impactful most cc comps don't have to struggle that much against it, but if the prophecy is true and you'll find 7 out of the top 10 teams owning shadowmoorne, that means something is really wrong, So here's my suggestion, you have the stats from the old blackrock server (No SM), compare them to the new arena stats and observe how impactful the inclusion of SM made to the game and if adjustment have to be made then remove SM from arena (gear limitation, although I think it's a bit harder for weapons), although I'm not sure if the server can survive a totally wrecked arena balance if the prophecy is true.
    Btw according to my calculations (the increase in damage provided by SM + the window in which that damage can chance the outcome of a game) SM will be removed from arenas really soon.
    3- Noooooooo, Lordaeron is a hardcore server, don't make it easier, what's the fun in that, if it's a doable challenge then those players are the ones who will do it. pls don't make it easier, you'll ruin the fun for many players.

7. so can i queue bg with complete crap gear, and switch to my good set when the bg starts? will this allow me to pwn nubs with no gear/quest greens?

8. so can i queue bg with complete crap gear, and switch to my good set when the bg starts? will this allow me to pwn nubs with no gear/quest greens?
    nope. http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....=1#post2977214

"The check includes all gear available, both in bags and in bank."

9. Nothing about frostwolf? Warmane please dont ignore your onky mop server. All know it's in its most though period. Let the people know your plans about it and stop ignore us please.
    Please have a thorough read through the announcement. Frostwolf is addressed.

10. Most of the work that we have been doing on Wrath of the Lich King, which involves vanilla fixes and dungeon work is all also applied to the Outland. The cores are compatible.

Also, all of the performance updates as well get directly applied. We are also looking to re-tune some of the content but not with a great extent. The marketplace will get another, but small, update and the realm might be a part of something bigger in the future ;)
    "The marketplace will get another, but small, update"
    ETA on this?can you share any plans on what will be add this time?

11. cross-realm dungeon finder mush have. On icecrown Df is so dead. Normal dungeons is pain in *** for all who hit lvl 80 and need to gear .. 30-50min for dps is wayyyyyyy to long.

12. Great work guys. I've played many servers and this one is hands down the most enjoyable. Looking forward to hear more about the "secret project."

12311 ... Last