1. Why Frostwolf Shouldn't Be Closed

I'll admit that the present and near future of Frostwolf look pretty grim. For example, my understanding is that the top pvp guild Devastation will be moving to another MoP server. I would expect to see Frostwolf reach very low numbers in the coming months and years.

I still don't think it should be closed, though, largely because the MoP server which a lot of Frostwolf people have been going to will itself die at some point when it moves to Legion. The server in question is a progressive server, and the devs there have already confirmed it will move to Legion at some point (they said they would skip WoD). It's also very possible that retail WoW will eventually offer the TBC and WOTLK expansions if Classic is a success.

When that happens, Warmane might well be glad that it kept its MoP server around. Maybe then they will decide to start improving and advertising the server in hopes of attracting new players.

Once you kill something it's dead- there's no reason to do that with Frostwolf. Just because there's very little interest in it now doesn't mean that will always be the case.

2. I'll admit that the present and near future of Frostwolf look pretty grim. For example, my understanding is that the top pvp guild Devastation will be moving to another MoP server. I would expect to see Frostwolf reach very low numbers in the coming months and years.

I still don't think it should be closed, though, largely because the MoP server which a lot of Frostwolf people have been going to will itself die at some point when it moves to Legion. The server in question is a progressive server, and the devs there have already confirmed it will move to Legion at some point (they said they would skip WoD). It's also very possible that retail WoW will eventually offer the TBC and WOTLK expansions if Classic is a success.

When that happens, Warmane might well be glad that it kept its MoP server around. Maybe then they will decide to start improving and advertising the server in hopes of attracting new players.

Once you kill something it's dead- there's no reason to do that with Frostwolf. Just because there's very little interest in it now doesn't mean that will always be the case.
    they'll likely leave it open as long as it pays it's upkeep. keeping a server open that is losing you money is not good business.
    Edited: February 15, 2019

3. they'll likely leave it open as long as it pays it's upkeep. keeping a server open that is losing you money is not good business.
    Well, that's kinda my point- what's not profitable today might be profitable tomorrow when Frostwolf's major competition becomes a Legion server and the MoP lovers have to look for a new home. Warmane could then build some hype around the server by saying they are putting their best devs on it, and all of a sudden there could be a resurgence.

4. Well, that's kinda my point- what's not profitable today might be profitable tomorrow when Frostwolf's major competition becomes a Legion server and the MoP lovers have to look for a new home. Warmane could then build some hype around the server by saying they are putting their best devs on it, and all of a sudden there could be a resurgence.
    In July of the 2020, as happened with neltharion, they will announce the closure of the server. Remember my words.

5. the server is broken, much work to do. They could change the server to instant 90 and work in the class optimization, because the only pro over others servers is the english speaker population.

6. Is there any official anouncement of the server closing or this is just gossips? If it's the second one I suggest you all to ditch this attitude and start doing something by yourselves. Not intending to be offensive but if you have time to ***** about it on the forums you also have time to do advertising yourselves, which is legal and it won't damage the server or attract Actizzard.

Best regards!

7. We never said we're closing Frostwolf.

8. We never said we're closing Frostwolf.
    Well there you go guys.

This type of threads do more harm than good, because ******s that are easily influenced jump on the "hype" train; In this case a negative hype train. I'm not saying there's no problem, bugs or that there isn't a population issue, no. But seriously think about it. If you love frostwolf do something, promote it on reddit, create content on youtube, gather friends to play with you. It's kinda the same as when you recruit people in your guild, you recruit 20 members and in the end only 5 stay, but those 5 oh boy... those 5 are the real men/women you were looking for.

I personally never tried pandaria and I would like to at some point, what's the client size? (Using a SSD currently, limited space ._.)

9. promote it on reddit, create content on youtube, gather friends to play with you. It's kinda the same as when you recruit people in your guild, you recruit 20 members and in the end only 5 stay, but those 5 oh boy... those 5 are the real men/women you were looking for.
    and why exactly we should be the one recruiting potential customers to warmane 'family' while they clearly don't give a F about frostwolf and the realm is already dead?
    stormborn guild quit recently
    devastation guild quit few days ago

if you want delete my comment, I can't stop you, but that wont change anything
    peace

10. and why exactly we should be the one recruiting potential customers to warmane 'family' while they clearly don't give a F about frostwolf and the realm is already dead?
    stormborn guild quit recently
    devastation guild quit few days ago

if you want delete my comment, I can't stop you, but that wont change anything
    peace
    Because warmane is offering you the option to create a community and play on a service they provide to you which is mists of pandaria. It is your responsability as parto of the COMMUNITY to try to keep the server working in terms of playerbase aswell.

Again, do you think this topic is helpful?
    Is there a queue on mists of pandaria that makes people donate in order to skip it? no right? Then what customers are you talking about when warmane is offering players a full free service?

You whine too much honestly and I'm not licking warmane's bunghole but seriously navigating through the forums you see posts that make you get your hands on the head.

Peace aswell.

11. Because warmane is offering you the option to create a community and play on a service they provide to you which is mists of pandaria. It is your responsability as parto of the COMMUNITY to try to keep the server working in terms of playerbase aswell.

Again, do you think this topic is helpful?
    Is there a queue on mists of pandaria that makes people donate in order to skip it? no right? Then what customers are you talking about when warmane is offering players a full free service?

You whine too much honestly and I'm not licking warmane's bunghole but seriously navigating through the forums you see posts that make you get your hands on the head.

Peace aswell.
    You clearly have not played in frostwolf. Before commenting something first try it, for your ignorance I guess you did not play on neltharion (warmane's cataclysm server) and you did not know about the problems that server had and its closure a few weeks ago. Frostwolf is taking the same path of neltharion, you can not promote a server that has all the final content in the store and in the game is impossible to obtain. I give you an example you imagine that icecrown could not complete icc by different errors? Or maybe you would like to complete achievements, missions but 60% are broken, the answer is simple ... NO.

12. You clearly have not played in frostwolf. Before commenting something first try it, for your ignorance I guess you did not play on neltharion (warmane's cataclysm server) and you did not know about the problems that server had and its closure a few weeks ago. Frostwolf is taking the same path of neltharion, you can not promote a server that has all the final content in the store and in the game is impossible to obtain. I give you an example you imagine that icecrown could not complete icc by different errors? Or maybe you would like to complete achievements, missions but 60% are broken, the answer is simple ... NO.
    Warmane will "polish" the PvE content soon™

"Is there a queue on mists of pandaria"
    - No, that's the main problem. Warmane decided Frostwolf players are not paying enough and the effort fixing bugs wont pay back. That's the result. I don't know if you are blind, acting blinded or just afraid being banned, but it's time to stop trying involve new players into this.
    Frostwolf 2015-2016: 4-5k online (+Queue)
    Frostwolf mid 2018 - 2019: ~blackrock level

13. Well there you go guys.

This type of threads do more harm than good, because ******s that are easily influenced jump on the "hype" train; In this case a negative hype train. I'm not saying there's no problem, bugs or that there isn't a population issue, no. But seriously think about it. If you love frostwolf do something, promote it on reddit, create content on youtube, gather friends to play with you. It's kinda the same as when you recruit people in your guild, you recruit 20 members and in the end only 5 stay, but those 5 oh boy... those 5 are the real men/women you were looking for.

I personally never tried pandaria and I would like to at some point, what's the client size? (Using a SSD currently, limited space ._.)
    And what exactly would we be promoting ?

The Low population? how stuff gets bugged way faster than it is fixed? Major bugs not being fixed for years in PvE and PvP ?

There is a reason why players who have been here for years are now leaving, because the state of the server is just very bad, and is probably never gonna get better.

Do you think new players would want to join a realm, which is declining rapidly ? and mostly buggy?

This is not a "Hype Train". This is reality, just being positive about it wont change the situation.

14. Make events, unban some players, ask GMs to stay more active in Frostwolf, fix critical bugs etc... so Frostwolf can stay alive and start over

15. Make events, unban some players, ask GMs to stay more active in Frostwolf, fix critical bugs etc... so Frostwolf can stay alive and start over
    We tried that last time regarding events, one was coined by someone from warmane and we were interested and wanted to do something, but nothing ever happen.
    Unbanning players wouldn't work because people would not be interested, and in some cases, we would be opening Pandora's Box.
    GMs are rarely active. The only time where a GM was online for exactly 2 hours was when head of warmane logged in, and that was the only time, which was a long time ago.

GMs are mostly on in Icecrown and Outland, not for us Panda folk.

12 Last