Huge fan of what you've been doing recently & a firm believer that you are on the right path to improving the battleground experience in general, although I have concerns regarding the statement that the system that checks all of your gear, equipped, bags and bank alike. They are basically the following:

• Does the system take the HIGHEST possible gear item available for each slot?
// if that is the case, does the system differentiate between PvP & PvE items as well as does it separate the items based on your current equipped spec? My retribution paladin pvp is 6.4 but my holy paladin PvP is 5.8... what gear average will I be faced against?

• Or rather, does the system take the AVERAGE gear level of all items and bases your score on that?
// if that is the case, does that make transmogification items (or low level items in general) kept for storage in the bank harmful to the experience

The following is more of a curious question than a concern and doesn't need to be especially regarded:

○ Now that you have an item level calculator active for battlegrounds, have you considered implementing a variable averaging all the item levels in the current battleground and providing a same-to-all stat template for the duration of the encounter to truly make the battlegrounds purely skill-based?