1. Yes. But it does show that most people consider Icecrown buy to play (i do too) and that might very well cause a legal problem at some point (especially since that is the personal opinion of your own staff, who after all, represent warmane).
    What "most people consider" is irrelevant to the facts. You don't go to court because "a lot of people" think something. And while true that Staff represents Warmane, we are still individuals with individual opinions, and they can be separate things. Going to court with "a Staff said that" as evidence would be laughed at just as much.

And honest question, with how you do cross realm bgs/arenas, can you now have cross realm pve and guilds and auction house and so on with 2 Icecrown servers? That would not split the community at all and just increase the amount of people online without making the server lag so much (or even decrease lag).
    That doesn't changes the fact we would be wasting resources by having one at full capacity and one at maybe one-fourth of it, while most people would still want to play on the filled one anyway.

2. What "most people consider" is irrelevant to the facts. You don't go to court because "a lot of people" think something. And while true that Staff represents Warmane, we are still individuals with individual opinions, and they can be separate things. Going to court with "a Staff said that" as evidence would be laughed at just as much.
    Legally what most people consider is very much relevant. But i suggest you read up on the matter first, if you care.

3. Legally what most people consider is very much relevant. But i suggest you read up on the matter first, if you care.
    No, legally what the Law considers is what matters. The client is downloaded for free from the internet. The account is created for free. Logging on to our servers happens for free - and even if you get stuck in a queue because of the amount of people, you are still logged in to the server and taking a spot for free. What you and other people "consider" is irrelevant to the Law.

4. No, legally what the Law considers is what matters. The client is downloaded for free from the internet. The account is created for free. Logging on to our servers happens for free - and even if you get stuck in a queue because of the amount of people, you are still logged in to the server and taking a spot for free. What you and other people "consider" is irrelevant to the Law.
    No it is not, the law takes into account what is the logical conclusion or common sense, which is mostly "what people consider". In some cases it isnt, but that is only if the law itself states it clearly, in legally grey or mostly undefined areas such as private servers common sense/logic matters very much. And a game which has timely restrictions on when you can play freely and all the content at all the time (i.e logging in) can only be accessed through means of payment is generally considered not to be free to play - which does matter in a court of law.

Ask the company lawyer. But this is just wasting your time and mine, so vOv.

5. No it is not, the law takes into account what is the logical conclusion or common sense, which is mostly "what people consider". In some cases it isnt, but that is only if the law itself states it clearly, in legally grey or mostly undefined areas such as private servers common sense/logic matters very much. And a game which has timely restrictions on when you can play freely and all the content at all the time (i.e logging in) can only be accessed through means of payment is generally considered not to be free to play - which does matter in a court of law.

Sure, keep on believing that, while we keep on having our servers open for soon-to-be a decade.

6. This is going to bite you eventually, there is a very real reason that even in russia the server always uses the words "donations" and so on and tries to never use buy coins ("be rewarded with"), pay money ("donate") and so on.
    Excuse me? How so?
    When I spend a lot of time on and enjoy a F2P game that I consider "good", I throw money at them to support the developer of the game. I see it as the equivalent to purchasing a buy-to-play game that you don't get try out before you pay.
    Can you explain to me how my own personal opinions and practices has anything to do with any potential legal issues for Warmane as a business?
    Edit: To make this out as some sort of confession that Warmane tries to force players to pay is absurd.

The second this becomes buy to play in some sense blizzard has the legal munition to shut this down even over there.
    If you think Blizzard isn't already aware of Warmane and how we operate, then that says more about what you think of Blizzard in all honesty.
    (Because, trust me, they are very much aware.)

Whih is yet another reason to get rid of the queue.
    Quite the gymnastics you're pulling off here to try and force my comment to work for you.

Yes. But it does show that most people consider Icecrown buy to play (i do too) and that might very well cause a legal problem at some point (especially since that is the personal opinion of your own staff, who after all, represent warmane).
    I don't know what country you live in, but popular opinion(s) do not constitute what makes up the law. Popular opinion(s) constituting law is something that is widely referred to as "MOB RULE", and as such, in much of the civilized parts of the world, considered ... less than ideal, to put it politely.

No it is not, the law takes into account what is the logical conclusion or common sense, which is mostly "what people consider". In some cases it isnt, but that is only if the law itself states it clearly, in legally grey or mostly undefined areas such as private servers common sense/logic matters very much. And a game which has timely restrictions on when you can play freely and all the content at all the time (i.e logging in) can only be accessed through means of payment is generally considered not to be free to play - which does matter in a court of law.

It's very clear that you don't have a degree in criminal justice or any other such similar field, so unless you're going to be providing some citations for your claims, it's probably in your best interest to cease. Furthermore, neither this nor the cross-realm discussion fall under the topic of this thread, so please do take those discussions to more appropriate threads that address those topics. Please & thank you.

7. Probably kicking people away for 5-10 minutes is the best thing to do, more people can join

8. This guy Meowto is so delusional I actually enjoy reading all those "arguements"

In case this thread lives a bit longer, can any of you "lawyers" quote the part from the Terms and Conditions that says that Warmane is buy to play ?

9. Sure, keep on believing that, while we keep on having our servers open for soon-to-be a decade.
    Kinda a rude reply from a staff member

10. Sure, keep on believing that, while we keep on having our servers open for soon-to-be a decade.
    It's been that long already?

11. Kinda a rude reply from a staff member
    It's not a rude reply dear, the conversation just got heated up. This is a free server which offers good community services and excellent in-game experience, so people here like me play for fun and support the server with a small/large donation as a token of appreciation for the service provided. Therefore, arguing about legal law suits is just not right where you can play the game for free across different realms and expansions even without spending a penny.

With that being said, +12k population on icecrown realm is a great thing done by warmane. However, I'd still be happy if the cap is reduced somewhere around 8k, it's just my opinion for better experience in game without much lags and crashes.

12. Kinda a rude reply from a staff member
    Not at all.
    Changing a word like" donation" to "Pay to be rewarded" would all of the sudden make blizzard jump out of their seats?

The second this becomes buy to play in some sense blizzard has the legal munition to shut this down even over there.
    There is no relation what so ever between a Donation and "buy to play", It's a free to play server.

Blizzard has filed lawsuits for many private servers that has much less population and income from it's players, Could it be that they cannot touch warmane server? Noooo thats impossible, Blizzard is a god and can do anything...

IS it even illegal to run a private server?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsODRe46IDQ
    Might change your mind.

13. we are still individuals with individual opinions, and they can be separate things. Going to court with "a Staff said that" as evidence would be laughed at just as much.
    Wait what?

I have never set foot into a courtroom and heard laughing even at the silliest of claims... all will be taken seriously, written and verbal.

crazy to think otherwise, courts and magistrates don't give a **** about what we think, they live in a different reality bro.

14. I don't know what country you live in, but popular opinion(s) do not constitute what makes up the law. Popular opinion(s) constituting law is something that is widely referred to as "MOB RULE", and as such, in much of the civilized parts of the world, considered ... less than ideal, to put it politely.
    I don't know where you're from Mercy but you have literally NO IDEA what you're talking about here, you realise that 'MOB RULE' is exactly what we live under right now.. the very word DEMOCRACY means MOB RULE... look it up, what do you think VOTING is? THE MOB DECIDES???

I'm kinda thinking you're trolling with this but cannot be sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy#Mob_rule

" "Rule of the majority" is sometimes referred to as democracy."
    Edited: March 7, 2019 Reason: added a link and quote

15. Wait what?

I have never set foot into a courtroom and heard laughing even at the silliest of claims... all will be taken seriously, written and verbal.

crazy to think otherwise, courts and magistrates don't give a **** about what we think, they live in a different reality bro.
    I see you have some issue with figures of speech. The tone makes me doubt you ever set foot in a courtroom as well - TV series don't count.

I don't know where you're from Mercy but you have literally NO IDEA what you're talking about here, you realise that 'MOB RULE' is exactly what we live under right now.. the very word DEMOCRACY means MOB RULE... look it up, what do you think VOTING is? THE MOB DECIDES???

I'm kinda thinking you're trolling with this but cannot be sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy#Mob_rule

" "Rule of the majority" is sometimes referred to as democracy."
    "mob rule
    /ˌmäb ˈro͞ol/

noun

noun: mob rule

• control of a political situation by those outside the conventional or lawful realm, typically involving violence and intimidation."

But since you went the Wikipedia way, give this one a try: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochlocracy

"Ochlocracy (Greek: ὀχλοκρατία, translit. okhlokratía; Latin: ochlocratia) or mob rule is the rule of government by mob or a mass of people, or, the intimidation of legitimate authorities"

First 1234 Last