1. Already nostalgic

Week after the change, Warmanes "pure" pvp realm Blackrock feels more alive than ever, but the question is, for how long? Is this the same old euphoria after a new update, or meta change, or will it last for a longer period, time will tell.

I myself Im not optimistic, Its just a way big of a change to bare with, even if some problems/things get resolved like: Faction change, bigger honor gain, SQ, etc. The Server we knew is just so alien atm. Even more than it was when Blackrock went live.

I feel that meta change/ dramatic gear change (back to brutal/furious) was a better option than to make this leap of faith in to merging.

I ask you the player, if u knew it would be like this, would you vote for the change?
    Edited: February 18, 2019

2. No....

Just look now :
    Everyone want to go Alliance just for human racial
    Icecrown and Lordaeron got some more things like buffs, pets, mounts, heroic gear, shadowmourne and easy way to up a prof .. but blackrock ??
    we got nothing.

3. Icecrown and Lordaeron got some more things like buffs, pets, mounts, heroic gear, shadowmourne and easy way to up a prof .. but blackrock ??
    we got nothing.
    HaHaHa
    You are kidding, right?

4. Just a little question truthwow1:

After reading just ****posts of you crying about blackrock and it’s free gear mechanism, I wonder if you actually play on blackrock and do arenas?

You might not noticed it because you’re not playing on blackrock but it’s a pvp-orientated realm, instant 80 and you will get max lvl 258 gear for free. There is no pve because all harmful npcs got removed to reduce server lags. Only by doing pvp you’re able to obtain better gear.

Just like on every other warmane realm ppl will start at 0 rating. But because of the crossrealm mechanics, ppl from lordearon will most likely face lordplayers because their itemlevel is mostly significantly lower then ic/blackrocks. However ic/br players will face each other more likely because Icecrown is a donatorfest and blackrocks startgear is close to endgame gear. But because blizzard designed ICC gear so oddly, you suddenly can stack tons of haste/arp giving you way more utility/dmg compared to TOC gear.
    The problem is that the gap between ulduar/toc gear is much lower compared to toc/icc gear. Therefore blackrock players (especially those who suck at arena) ain’t being able to obtain gear because they will either get stomped by 284 IC-donators or by better/already geared blackrock players.

On IC however, as a fresh geared boy, you still can do pve to obtain gear. Or you grab another ****geared guy and do arenas because you will face lordplayers and other bad geared guys.

Can you finally understand the dilemma of Blackrock? We don’t want to bother about having free 258 gear but because of the actually way of what kind of gear is around on crossrealm, there is a disadvantage for blackrock players! Especially because you don’t have another option to grab your fingers on gear.
    Now imagine people who just start to play arena/pvp in general and wanted to give it a try because you can get quite nice gear on blackrock for free. They barely have any chance.

I hope you will finally get back in your lordearon forum again and stop ****talking everytime a new thread was opened In blackrock forums...

5. Totaly agree. As a new player on blackrock, in arena your are most of the time vs full 284 / 277 players so we have no chance. I'm here To do arena so i'm farming bgs to get a bit of stuff but 2k per wins makes me want to leave this warmane realm.

6. Just a little question truthwow1:

After reading just ****posts of you crying about blackrock and it’s free gear mechanism, I wonder if you actually play on blackrock and do arenas?

You might not noticed it because you’re not playing on blackrock but it’s a pvp-orientated realm, instant 80 and you will get max lvl 258 gear for free. There is no pve because all harmful npcs got removed to reduce server lags. Only by doing pvp you’re able to obtain better gear.

Just like on every other warmane realm ppl will start at 0 rating. But because of the crossrealm mechanics, ppl from lordearon will most likely face lordplayers because their itemlevel is mostly significantly lower then ic/blackrocks. However ic/br players will face each other more likely because Icecrown is a donatorfest and blackrocks startgear is close to endgame gear. But because blizzard designed ICC gear so oddly, you suddenly can stack tons of haste/arp giving you way more utility/dmg compared to TOC gear.
    The problem is that the gap between ulduar/toc gear is much lower compared to toc/icc gear. Therefore blackrock players (especially those who suck at arena) ain’t being able to obtain gear because they will either get stomped by 284 IC-donators or by better/already geared blackrock players.

On IC however, as a fresh geared boy, you still can do pve to obtain gear. Or you grab another ****geared guy and do arenas because you will face lordplayers and other bad geared guys.

Can you finally understand the dilemma of Blackrock? We don’t want to bother about having free 258 gear but because of the actually way of what kind of gear is around on crossrealm, there is a disadvantage for blackrock players! Especially because you don’t have another option to grab your fingers on gear.
    Now imagine people who just start to play arena/pvp in general and wanted to give it a try because you can get quite nice gear on blackrock for free. They barely have any chance.

I hope you will finally get back in your lordearon forum again and stop ****talking everytime a new thread was opened In blackrock forums...
    Or you might want to read up how the actual system will work when it's finished and tweaked, which will prioritize you playing against players of your own server, only going for people of others when there isn't people queued to fill all spots. You'll go against Icecrown or Lordaeron when other matches are already started and yours doesn't has enough players to start and stays that way for a certain time.

Beyond that, it has already been announced that Blackrock's shop is going to be expanded, and then there are things like this http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=399119 which (assuming that thread is accurate and something intended) leads me to believe Blackrock might be going to receive access to the same gear the other servers do in some way.

7. Yes I would vote for change.

-One week resets for gear:
    People play a solely PVP realm for balanced PVP. Live gearing mechanics never promoted that at all. It's especially not a good idea when 50% of the population are already geared with BiS. Because of the gear difference it just becomes too one-sided. Skill can carry you so far, but 8k Mortal Strikes can't be outplayed. Not sure if this system is being used to make people play for longer (which will backfire), or just to make money when the store opens. Spam dying in low gear while you wait to gear up is not fun gameplay, and doesn't really make people want to play more. It also obviously benefits certain comps more than others.

-Different core:
    The damage taken is much higher than before for some reason. On my DK and Warrior with the same gear as before (rele/wf + offset and weapons (non-hc), I'm killing fully geared Warrs and Paladins who have sacred. Killing priests without Garg, and generally doing insane damage. I don't even have heroic trinkets or weapons.

-Heroic gear:
    This benefits certain classes way too much, and makes the game an RNGfest. If someone gets a crit-chain off it can be a loss. The matches have gone from having some sort of strat to 'I just did a 6k Death Coil. We win.' It also means that melee, especially Warriors, are going to become even more ridiculous with the weapon damage scaling + Smourne. Rogues can almost solo healers with cooldowns and can solo them without cooldowns. It limits the comps you can play because you'll just be blown to pieces if you face anything with that gear. And yes, of course, most of the bugs and changes benefit Warr/Pal.

-RoV added:
    Heroic PVE gear, no more passive nerfs to comps in arena, and you add an arena where getting unavoidably set up on or attacked from the moment the combat starts. It benefits anything that can rush and can tunnel something down on a small pillar. Melee cleaves, spell cleaves, Warriors, Rogues. Oh and Hunters are almost unavoidable at the start.

-No more passive nerfs to certain comps
    So not only do we have heroic BiS gear, the comps that would benefit most from that cheese aren't nerfed in any way. Damage being this high just removes any element of skill and promotes zerg gameplay and strats. Boring.

-No more stacking items
    Items such as Soul Shards, which should have always been stackable should still be. Blizz is to blame for this, but i think it should be active on the PVE servers too. Having full bags with 20 stacks of buff items is kind of silly.

All four of the friends I've asked to come back have raised the same concerns.

8. Yes I would vote for change.

-One week resets for gear:
    People play a solely PVP realm for balanced PVP. Live gearing mechanics never promoted that at all. It's especially not a good idea when 50% of the population are already geared with BiS. Because of the gear difference it just becomes too one-sided. Skill can carry you so far, but 8k Mortal Strikes can't be outplayed. Not sure if this system is being used to make people play for longer (which will backfire), or just to make money when the store opens. Spam dying in low gear while you wait to gear up is not fun gameplay, and doesn't really make people want to play more. It also obviously benefits certain comps more than others.

-Different core:
    The damage taken is much higher than before for some reason. On my DK and Warrior with the same gear as before (rele/wf + offset and weapons (non-hc), I'm killing fully geared Warrs and Paladins who have sacred. Killing priests without Garg, and generally doing insane damage. I don't even have heroic trinkets or weapons.

-Heroic gear:
    This benefits certain classes way too much, and makes the game an RNGfest. If someone gets a crit-chain off it can be a loss. The matches have gone from having some sort of strat to 'I just did a 6k Death Coil. We win.' It also means that melee, especially Warriors, are going to become even more ridiculous with the weapon damage scaling + Smourne. Rogues can almost solo healers with cooldowns and can solo them without cooldowns. It limits the comps you can play because you'll just be blown to pieces if you face anything with that gear. And yes, of course, most of the bugs and changes benefit Warr/Pal.

-RoV added:
    Heroic PVE gear, no more passive nerfs to comps in arena, and you add an arena where getting unavoidably set up on or attacked from the moment the combat starts. It benefits anything that can rush and can tunnel something down on a small pillar. Melee cleaves, spell cleaves, Warriors, Rogues. Oh and Hunters are almost unavoidable at the start.

-No more passive nerfs to certain comps
    So not only do we have heroic BiS gear, the comps that would benefit most from that cheese aren't nerfed in any way. Damage being this high just removes any element of skill and promotes zerg gameplay and strats. Boring.

-No more stacking items
    Items such as Soul Shards, which should have always been stackable should still be. Blizz is to blame for this, but i think it should be active on the PVE servers too. Having full bags with 20 stacks of buff items is kind of silly.

All four of the friends I've asked to come back have raised the same concerns.
    Thats realy good resum of warmane atm.

9. @Dicktatordoener
    Just a little question Dicktatordoener:

After reading a****post of you crying about how hard it is to gear up on Blackrock, I wonder if you actually ever played on any other realm beside Blackrock?
    So you are telling me that less skilled Blackrock players aren't able to obtain better gear?
    Well, nope. In fact all you need to do is farming honor. You can get 264 ilvl gear for honor and that w/o any rating requirements. That includes powerfull trinket from icc 25, etc.
    With all the honor gear you have smth like 6k gs. It is doable to beat BiS geared Icecrown veterans with such a gear and reach the rating requirements for better gear.
    On IC however, as a fresh geared boy, you still can do pve to obtain gear.
    Are you serious? Do you know how much effort you have to put in a fresh geared character before you can even put a step into icc? Compare that with Blackrock where you just have to do some BGs and you can already get powerful items such as http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=50360 just from honor.
    A "fresh geared boy" on Icecrown needs months to get items like that.
    Can you finally understand the dilemma of Blackrock?
    No, not really.
    All I see is the dilemma of a ex AT player who wants his old server back.
    Wake up dude! Blackrock is part of smth bigger now. Many things that worked on a isolated server don't work with cross-realm anymore.
    Edited: February 20, 2019

10. Almost like the decisions that have been made since merge have progressively made the server less fun to play.
    Well, that's a subjective opinion.
    I for one see now a big opportunity to make Blackrock attractive for a larger audience.

11. PVE boys are speaking... people who comes in blackrock realm don't want to spend 1000000000 hours to get your 264 and finaly try To do arenas. No one care about bgs thats To random and boring we are on blackrock to do arena.

12. well truthwow1... it’s literally obviously that you have absolutely no clue about blackrock and it’s players!

I’m not sure why you compare a i80-funserver to a blzzlike progressive realm. How much time would a new player may expect to grind, to get on BIS gear? Maybe 3 month on a I80-funserver. Jkee he will never grab his fingers on the gear because he’ll never get the ratings to buy them, because he’ll never stop queuing in better geared // more skilled people even at low ratings!

Furthermore I’m not fighting for myself in this thread, I don’t have any problems to grab my fingers on gear BUT people who will give Blackrock a try // haven’t spent the last 7 years of gaming in 335 wotlk arena WILL have problems.

So tell me for gods sake how the **** those players are going to get their gear? Ahh I know - donating because that’s what absolutely everyone would expect to do when playing on a i80-competitive pvp realm. JK

Truth seems to be a troll then ._.

13. well truthwow1... it’s literally obviously that you have absolutely no clue about blackrock and it’s players!

I’m not sure why you compare a i80-funserver to a blzzlike progressive realm. How much time would a new player may expect to grind, to get on BIS gear? Maybe 3 month on a I80-funserver. Jkee he will never grab his fingers on the gear because he’ll never get the ratings to buy them, because he’ll never stop queuing in better geared // more skilled people even at low ratings!

Furthermore I’m not fighting for myself in this thread, I don’t have any problems to grab my fingers on gear BUT people who will give Blackrock a try // haven’t spent the last 7 years of gaming in 335 wotlk arena WILL have problems.

So tell me for gods sake how the **** those players are going to get their gear? Ahh I know - donating because that’s what absolutely everyone would expect to do when playing on a i80-competitive pvp realm. JK

Truth seems to be a troll then ._.
    You are awfully concerned for new players. We appreciate the sentinement. We will continue to monitor the realm and make decisions based on what we will see, with hard data and all. So far, we have no intentions of changing much.

On another note, I personally started anew just a few days ago and I had no issues. The gear that was provided is more than enough to get started. There are amazing trinkets available for free, which usually take months and months on other realms. We have tried different models over the years, including the one where we provided all of the gear completely free for quite some time. With some many changes and different metas, models and et cetera over the years, we know how to change the overall system if the need arises.

And it is important to note, that Blackrock is no longer a singular experience. It is a part of the battlegroup now.

14. @Proterean

what's the armory of your new char ? I want to check your team, arena rating and match history, as a top player, starting relentless in the current state to get 1.8k is already hard, obviously not impossible but it's still a pain, so about you guys, it's literally impossible to achieve that rating without donating gear
    Idk what is your pvp experience and stuff to says "The gear that was provided is more than enough to get started. There are amazing trinkets available for free"
    What i'm reading exactly ?

15. starting relentless in the current state to get 1.8k is already hard, obviously not impossible but it's still a pain, so about you guys, it's literally impossible to achieve that rating without donating gear
    The season just started.
    In 2s there are currently only 32 team above 1.8k rating and that across all 3 realms.
    I guess it gonna be easier to achieve 1.8k at a later point.
    Idk what is your pvp experience and stuff to says "The gear that was provided is more than enough to get started. There are amazing trinkets available for free"
    What i'm reading exactly ?
    There are indeed good trinkets available for free: DV normal and hc and solace normal and hc are BiS for some classes but I guess I don't have to tell you that.
    Imo some more starter trinkets should be added though such as http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=45518.

Trinkets that are available for honor with no rating requirements are almost as good as their HC counterpart: DBW, DFO, Bauble, etc.
    Maybe StS normal and CTS normal should also be added for honor even though their ilvl is a bit higher.

Imo the issue is that all of the honor gear forces ppl to do BGs.
    There should be a option to grind that gear by doing arena. Either by rewarding honor for each arena win or by making it possible to exchange arena to honor points.
    Edited: February 21, 2019

12 Last