1. Can we get some non 40man bgs, or the possibility to ban 2 bgs like in retail?

Since the bgs are merged, it feels like random bg gives invite in no other bgs than isle and av. Most good pvp players don't enjoy those bgs since you can hardly have an effect on it. I tried queing for specific bgs because of this, but the waiting times there are surprisingly bad (20 minutes for eye of the storm (call to arms) at 10pm servertime), so I concluded that I am not just unlucky but that there are just a whole lot more 40 man bgs open. It would be nice if you could increase the probability to stuff people in any other bgs or give us a ban option to artificially create this. I have obviously no idea how your code works, but I assume that it might not be designed for 15k merged players and therefore highly favors the formation of 40v40 bgs. If there are technical limitations and you have to limit the amount of running instances to keep the server stable or whatever, I obviously prefer a stable server over everything (I assume we all do). But if there'd be some way to change this, you'd bring back the joy of doing random bgs for many players. I wanted to give some stats from the "who-list" now, but it seems that it is broken and only works for the first time you search and after that the refresh button is broken, so yeah, if you could fix that would be nice too^^

Kind regards,
    a slightly salty pvp player who lost too many 40v40 mans due to afk multiboxers and similar stuff this evening

2. I found some info claiming that Logitech keyboards G15 and G510 will show which battleground you got invited to, on their displays, even when using the RBG queue. I know this isn't what you are asking for, but it's partial solution that you don't have to wait for.

I am actually thinking about getting used one, which goes for around 30 euros in my country, as this merge screwed up /who z- strand > don't join if number of players is not divisible by 15 tactic, which I used to avoid joining that, for mele class, cancerous battleground, but I wouldn't mind donating for such info in game, wink wink.
    Edited: March 3, 2019

3. the /who command is purposely limited to 1 search every so often to keep people from spamming it.

4. I don't have problem with /who spam limit, it's just that it only shows people from my realm in that battleground, so i have no way of knowing if it's full, and invitation is safe. Now I just /afk and go do something else for a while, if SOTA pops.

5. Honestly, just learn to enjoy AV/IOC (that one is harder), depending on your class you can have a lot of fun as a solo player who hates the big battles. For example if you are stealthy (rogue/druid) just left of the Field of Strife (if looking from the alliance side towards the horde side) under the plateau leading to the horde GY is where there always will be stragglers trying to move early-mid game which can easily get you 30-40 1v1s in one AV, depending on how the battle moves you can stay here or move to capture the towers in the vicinity or go towards the enemy base (if you are losing the bg) and get the people that spawned at their base or are new to the bg (this one obviously only work for alliance). Or if you land atop the enemy Hq in IOC as a caster/hunter.

For each "role" (like a stealthy class, or a warlock or or or) there are different spots where you can have proper, fun, pvp instead of a massive slugfest where only one side will dominate. You just have to find them. And learn how to use them. Suddenly the games become fun instead of worrying one minute about the result, witnessing the frist battle and either going semi afk or sweeping the whole bg.

6. Honestly, just learn to enjoy AV/IOC (that one is harder), depending on your class you can have a lot of fun as a solo player who hates the big battles. For example if you are stealthy (rogue/druid) just left of the Field of Strife (if looking from the alliance side towards the horde side) under the plateau leading to the horde GY is where there always will be stragglers trying to move early-mid game which can easily get you 30-40 1v1s in one AV, depending on how the battle moves you can stay here or move to capture the towers in the vicinity or go towards the enemy base (if you are losing the bg) and get the people that spawned at their base or are new to the bg (this one obviously only work for alliance). Or if you land atop the enemy Hq in IOC as a caster/hunter.

For each "role" (like a stealthy class, or a warlock or or or) there are different spots where you can have proper, fun, pvp instead of a massive slugfest where only one side will dominate. You just have to find them. And learn how to use them. Suddenly the games become fun instead of worrying one minute about the result, witnessing the frist battle and either going semi afk or sweeping the whole bg.
    You might have a good point there, I am a prot warri and would love to just rush and kill their boss, but people never want to do that for whatever reason. I might try to just sit in a mine and wait for a 1v1 or something along those lines:D the only good ioc bg I had so far was where I capped the quarry and ended up sitting next to 2 people of the ennemi faction dancing with me without capping

7. You can queue for two specific BGs if you want to avoid 40 man BGs.
    The queue time is usualy a bit longer than with random queue but they do pop up as well.
    Checking the BGs with /who doesn't work with cross-realm anymore because you see only ppl of your own realm.
    The long CD on /who is not a bug, its intentional implemented.

8. As I said, the que time for specific bgs is out of proportion longer, which indicates that there statistically are way more people getting invites into 40 man bgs