1. Needing on DPS gear in RDF as a Tank - right or ninja?

Hey Guys!

So today this happeed to me - I go PoS normal as DPS to farm 2H Hammer for the Giant Boss :D

It drops and of course somebody ninja it - this time our Tank who proceeded to tell me he is Fury main.

I told him that is ****ing nice, but he queued as Tank so in this instance he is Tank main.

He absultely ignored my logic and kept the 2H weapon.

So my question is: Is that normal status quo? Or is it reportable ninja?

Cause I will do accordingly :D if it is normal I guess it's time for me to queue as Tank and need on DPS gear - faster queues.

I honsetly thing is ****ing discusting. Even though in this instance I don't give a crap since it's ilvl 219.

But really wanan know just for future what's rules on this because I saw already some people getting banned for RDF Ninja.

Also I never reported anybody for ninja so I wanted to learn how so I reported this dick :D

Here is the situation in pictures: https://imgur.com/a/kCnBwxq

Let me know if it is OK to do this or not!

Thanks

2. Technically, it's more of a group thing. If the group is okay with him rolling on it, due to it being his main or off-spec, then sure. Let him roll along with anyone else who NEEDS it. But if the group doesn't agree, it's a ninja to Need instead of just Greeding alongside everyone else.

At least, that's my two-cents. From someone who's been at this since the ol' Vanilla Beta in the olden days of 2004...

3. Well I never done this ****. Cause to me it feels really retarted to sign up for something as somebody and then present myself as somebody completely else. I mean we don't need a Fury Main. We need Protection Main. I mean what's the point for DPS doing that Dungeon then when Tank and Healer will be rolling DPS too ... the **** ... There is already 3 slots for DPS ... so now lets have 5 why not :D

I mean ****ing bull**** this dude was. Really ****tard ... x)

4. Why does someone need to be a "tank main" in order to queue as a tank in a dungeon? Can you explain to me why it is *NOT* acceptable to run a dungeon with the spec that you have gear for so that you can get gear for the spec that needs the gear, but then why it *IS* acceptable to come and rage on the forum about why you think that shouldn't be allowed?

Maybe I and the people I played the game with in the past are weird. "If you need something, need roll on it. If someone else needs it too and they lose, oh well, there is always the next dungeon to get loot from. Or better yet, that is why emblems exist."

Maybe I'm weird. It's either that, or some people are a little much of a loot whore.

5. Why does someone need to be a "tank main" in order to queue as a tank in a dungeon? Can you explain to me why it is *NOT* acceptable to run a dungeon with the spec that you have gear for so that you can get gear for the spec that needs the gear, but then why it *IS* acceptable to come and rage on the forum about why you think that shouldn't be allowed?

Maybe I and the people I played the game with in the past are weird. "If you need something, need roll on it. If someone else needs it too and they lose, oh well, there is always the next dungeon to get loot from. Or better yet, that is why emblems exist."

Maybe I'm weird. It's either that, or some people are a little much of a loot whore.
    with regards strictly to the rules wouldn't a tank rolling on a dps item within a rdf not classify as a ninja tho? i was under the impression that when it came to a dungeon you needed for ms and greed for os unless otherwise agreed upon by the group. otherwise it could be reported as a ninja.
    Edited: February 26, 2019

6. I generally in the past have simply asked when we began the run - "Is it okay if I need on gear for the role I am not currently playing?". And then if the other plate users for instance, have a big issue with it - I will greed only. Im sure I will be back anyway, so no big deal to me.

7. As far as i managed to figure it out talents and gear have nothing to do with your spec according to the rules - your role in dungeons becomes your main spec regardless of your talents and gear. In theory you can tank as fury but if you are classified as a tank then you can role on tanking gear only.

8. with regards strictly to the rules wouldn't a tank rolling on a dps item within a rdf not classify as a ninja tho? i was under the impression that when it came to a dungeon you needed for ms and greed for os unless otherwise agreed upon by the group. otherwise it could be reported as a ninja.
    It was ninja. You roll for the spec you join in as. Unless everybody agrees on somebody rolling other spec.
    In RDF, if you join as a tank, you roll as a tank. Otherwise everybody would have every OS and everybody would just need every item. Gearing up would become so slow.

9. Why does someone need to be a "tank main" in order to queue as a tank in a dungeon? Can you explain to me why it is *NOT* acceptable to run a dungeon with the spec that you have gear for so that you can get gear for the spec that needs the gear, but then why it *IS* acceptable to come and rage on the forum about why you think that shouldn't be allowed?
    You guys made the rule that if you roll on the loot that is not for your role that you are being a ninja. Is it suddenly not a thing anymore?
    Also when you wipe FOS/POS/HOR over and over because a fury warrior/******in decided to speedrun it and couldn't tank for **** you realize that you need a "tank main". You know... A guy that can pop a mini defensive cd on occasions when you healer has to do some aoe healing?

10. It was ninja. You roll for the spec you join in as. Unless everybody agrees on somebody rolling other spec.
    In RDF, if you join as a tank, you roll as a tank. Otherwise everybody would have every OS and everybody would just need every item. Gearing up would become so slow.
    An attitude such as this is extremely detrimental to the server and this and similar comments make me wonder whether the established rule that was meant to fix the problem has done nothing but compounded it even more by making witch hunts so prevalent.

Strictly technical - you are right, he is ninja, better hurry and light up the stakes because the guy wanted an item for the spec he wants to play

11. An attitude such as this is extremely detrimental to the server and this and similar comments make me wonder whether the established rule that was meant to fix the problem has done nothing but compounded it even more by making witch hunts so prevalent.

Strictly technical - you are right, he is ninja, better hurry and light up the stakes because the guy wanted an item for the spec he wants to play
    There is no which hunt, everything is clear. Guy took away item from someone who had legit claim on it.

Last time I wanted to gear OS I farmed some eot's and greed rolls for it with my current spec. Everything was fine and and decent. Every involved player was treated fairly.

My personal opinion on these anti-ninja and disrupting gameplay - waste of time that robs people of solving problems and finding people, creating communities and that is MAJOR part of this game. Which leads to this post on how a guy played with random dudes and, what a surprise, got ninjaed despite papa Warmane saying "bad boi".

12. An attitude such as this is extremely detrimental to the server and this and similar comments make me wonder whether the established rule that was meant to fix the problem has done nothing but compounded it even more by making witch hunts so prevalent.

On the other hand, he isn't solo. He is in a group of people who might have queued in the role they want to gear up and then will be facing competition by someone who is doing something else. There are no "witch hunts," just people who were playing for that gear upgrade and get frustrated when it's taken. Nothing that couldn't be avoided with basic communication before the run starts, so that someone wanting gear outside their role can move on to a different group if the current teammates don't agree to that.

13. So sad when people cry for 1 item from a game , really pathetic.

14. So sad when people cry for 1 item from a game , really pathetic.
    even worse, they cry for ****ty items, i have seen posts for 200 ilvl blue gear...

15. Why does someone need to be a "tank main" in order to queue as a tank in a dungeon? Can you explain to me why it is *NOT* acceptable to run a dungeon with the spec that you have gear for so that you can get gear for the spec that needs the gear, but then why it *IS* acceptable to come and rage on the forum about why you think that shouldn't be allowed?

Just for the laughs???

So sad when people cry for 1 item from a game , really pathetic.
    Yeah, you are so right. Playing after the rules is sooooo pathetic... moron, srsly. It doenst matter which item or where the item is from, it is just against the rules.

But yeah, even the mods think it's fine when i read this bull**** here. I am totally okay when a tank is rolling for dps because of his second or maybe, just maybe
    first specc (srsly, why is he better geared with his second specc????), if he tells it in the beginning and not when the first loot drops he needs. That's cheating.
    And so the GMs and the Mods should give right to SteelGrip.

I got ninja´d several times when I was queued as Heal or as Tank (different characters) and dps-queued people rolled my stuff away. I reported it, but yeah
    the best comment by a GM was that I havent screened the specc the guy was skilled at this time. WOW - okay, i always check first everyone´s specc and
    screen it to be aware when they ninja.
    Be honest to the player here who play for and after the rules and give those cheaters what they deserve...

123 ... Last