View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Hey, came back to the server (blackrock) purely to pvp, trying to gear my character. To react to the previous poster, I'm more of a fan of alliance, playing that in tbc as well, but I won't die if I need to fight for the horde (that said, blackrock players are basically horde players). My issue is the following: here we are, 5.5 gearscore blackrock rookies with the occasional icecrown horde against endless "hordes" of fully geared alliance - as much as I live the concept of blackrock, it is seriously discouraging. Not to mention that I made an alliance character to play alliance once in a while - there is one potential solution here, that will address the biggest issue - gear imbalance. Make the merc mode for everyone including Icecrown players. That would potentially lead to very intereting BGs - its already a mess anyway, most people run with alliance racials.

2. If we're going to have to play horde then perhaps you may consider:
    A) have it enabled across all realms not just Blackrock, as this should solve the imbalance
    B) allow .u morph, i don't feel like watching a nasty looking female troll, i made my character to look as i want it to look
    C) perhaps allow furious gear to be free across all realms for pvp, i don't feel like partnering with fresh 80s in green/non-enchanted/non-gemmed gear
    D) increase honor rates for loss in case the imbalance issue doesn't get solved out

Thanks

3. Pretty much what the above poster said. Disable merc BG until its enabled for all realms, and let me be a human all the way (not that important). At this current state, this thing just makes me abandon Blackrock project until a proper BG system is in place.

4. I dont understand you admins.. There is much bigger problems which we complained for, but you somehow f**k the alliance again...
    Please first fix the important problems like all those multiboxer sc*ms in BG's and then think something which wont f**k the alliance only?
    I understand the point but i dont understand why you did it just for ally? Are you a horde players or what?
    Im not joking! Atleast give us a chance to choice are we agree or not to go in BG as a f**king horde s**m please!
    Because i choose to play alliance for a reason! And i won't fight against my blood!
    Im really mad to you!

5. I guess Warman has now become a ''fun server'' for all intents and purposes. At least spare Icecrow form this debacle.

sad ☹

6. I want to give my unbiased opinion about pvp situation and mercenary mode. I have horde characters in Lordaeron and alliance in Blackrock.
    Before this mode being implemented I had good winning rate on my alliance characters in blackrock maybe 60 or 70 percent but the queue time was high. after the activation of the mode queue time got really short and good but I get less win rate like 40% but overall its good and satisfying.
    After I created my characters in Blackrock I wasn’t playing much battlegrounds in Lordaeron but Recently I did some battlegrounds to test how it is in terms of winning rate and also getting of 25 daily arena points for my other spec and got a win after 9 matches and the other day after 12 matches and on loses matches we weren’t even close to winning. I really appreciate if warmane staff find a way to make battlegrounds more balanced so horde players enjoy it too. After arena cross-realm Lordaeron players rarely play in arena cause they have to fight with full-geared Blackrock and Icecrown Players with their gear they hardly gained in raids with challenging content so seems like pvp in Lordaeron for horde is dead.

7. Atleast give us a chance to choice are we agree or not to go in BG as a f**king horde s**m please!
    Shut your mouth, you don't get anything do you.

Make the merc mode for everyone including Icecrown players. That would potentially lead to very intereting BGs - its already a mess anyway, most people run with alliance racials.
    This ^^

Warmane, Would you please stop listening to forums whiners and do what you know works best, Make EVERYONE count for the Mercenary system, EVEN Icecrown Alliance, They are the once causing this HUGE IMBALANCE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

8. Changing the rules of the poll AFTER it's closed is unacceptable, I didn't vote for this.
    It's the same as, Leading an ICC 25 Heroic raid then post loot rules saying everything is reserved AFTER 1st boss is down.
    Yet 1 can be punished and the other one dosen't even have to flinch.

9. Nowdays it's just impossible to do BGs as Horde, no decent guilds at all, very low population and still all you think about is bringing more "food" to those ally sc*ms via crossrealm. Merc mod is something only ally can benefit from, while random horde players will just keep facing premades and premades and now with even slower queues. wPvP and BGs are DEAD on warmane wotlk due to the fact 80% of pvpers just go ally, like a double trinket could compensate their lack of skills which is also just the result of a donated gear. Nothing is being done to improve and promote pvp on Horde side, this will eventually kill once and for all any will of pvping. As some1 said, they should add double the honor per bg win / defeat as Horde, and keep the queue slow if you're doing Bgs as ally. You can't simply promote one faction just cuz it brings you money via donations while annihilating the other one. This is not an advice, cuz I know most of you will always keep playing ally just for the racials and you'll never put any effort to balance the server so mine is just a complain of some1 who gave up on having some real pvp action on a blind server which doesn't give a damn.

10. Nowdays it's just impossible to do BGs as Horde, no decent guilds at all, very low population and still all you think about is bringing more "food" to those ally sc*ms via crossrealm. Merc mod is something only ally can benefit from, while random horde players will just keep facing premades and premades and now with even slower queues. wPvP and BGs are DEAD on warmane wotlk due to the fact 80% of pvpers just go ally, like a double trinket could compensate their lack of skills which is also just the result of a donated gear. Nothing is being done to improve and promote pvp on Horde side, this will eventually kill once and for all any will of pvping. As some1 said, they should add double the honor per bg win / defeat as Horde, and keep the queue slow if you're doing Bgs as ally. You can't simply promote one faction just cuz it brings you money via donations while annihilating the other one. This is not an advice, cuz I know most of you will always keep playing ally just for the racials and you'll never put any effort to balance the server so mine is just a complain of some1 who gave up on having some real pvp action on a blind server which doesn't give a damn.
    we reach the point that it's almost impossible to climb the pvp arena ladder as horde unless you are a big donor and you are willing to throw all your time for pvp in horde side there are only human imbalanced characters,that's not healty. I mean look at that ladder,look at it xD

in 50 positions only 2 are horde teams

FUN FACT all the rest of players are humans ally XD (except druids ofc UNFORTUNATELY they can't roll humans for that class) sad

11. As some1 said, they should add double the honor per bg win / defeat as Horde
    I think thats the wrong way to deal with the faction imbalance issue.
    Giving the horde temporary double honor wouldn't fix the faction imbalance in the long run.
    Only the lowies, who still need honor gear, would migrate over to the horde side while BiS geared PvPer would stay on the ally side since they don't need anything for honor.
    It's possible that with such a honor perk the horde would be outgeared even more in BGs.

After all every dedicated PvPer who wants to fine tune his character feels sooner or later the need to roll human for the superior racial and no horde perk can fix that.
    The only way to fix that issue is to nerf the human racial or to buff other racials.
    When horde racials are viable in competetive PvP then the faction imbalance will be solved by itself.

12. Mercenary mode is tilting the balance even further into unhealthy territory. Despite its original intents it made the situation worse.

13. If it's true that only blackrock players are being transfered to horde, this needs changing really fast. it turns off people at alarming rate. me and few friends are not loging in untill this is fixed. playing against full smourne premades as a blackrock player constantly makes me uninstall. why arent all the servers in mercenary mode?

Saewelo
    Can you at least disable it until you figure it out!? Or leave it like it is until it's too late?

15. Private server private rules, at the end of a day, donors will always win. I think the only choice we have is just stop queue for battlegrounds.

First ... 34424344454654 ... Last