View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. I dont like this idea coz if you change my faction there i have no same stac so,
    there i read someone said only people who have high hks shud vote, lol
    there no matter hks i play both pvp and pve and my hks is not high, so i shud not vote?
    why you guys better not make cross server as old molten so there no long que and is funn play against people from other server so all would have more fun..
    Thanks.

2. Before you vote for this great idea, please make sure you understand next:
    "We will not be mixing Horde or Alliance together, there is no mixing of factions."

How this could make any harm? If Alliance teams fighting vs. Alliance teams. You guys duleing and skirrmish already against your friends huh?
    Personally i don't give a flying **** what a handsome dwarf will look like in a Horde's outfit :D
    Vote YES to be exact

- Sibe -
    - Sibeicc -

3. This is just a perfect example of the definition Snowflakes and Milennials for people who voted 'No'.

4. OMG we all became traitorZ! i love it gogogo

5. I think the racechange shouldn't reflect the race choice but rather the class, for example melee classes get orc, casters/rogues undead or troll, and shamans get tauren since it isn't too leaning on caster/melee like orc/troll is.

Or, let us choose on a per-character basis, since some sets look terrible on some races (ahem ahem blood elf)

6. I have a better idea, warmane. Create a new race called "SuperManOrc", randomly split all players between Ally and Horde. Why bother fixing horde queue times man? Just unite everyone under the new Allyorde(TM) faction and all the players who queue battlegrounds automatically get Every man for himself and Blood fury in order to balance the ALL GODDAMN THINGS.
    ffs warmane, this new mode idea will kill the Faction-spirit, atleast it will for the new players. Change your mind, delete the poll even. Dumbest idea i've ever seen.

7. First of all, I would love to clarify that I'm a player who has more than 200k HKS and a frequent PVP player. With that out of the way, first and foremost, I'm kinda sick of people bashing the staff on how a foolish idea this is and bashing each other in this thread.

1. Warmane staff did mentioned this is a poll. Stop whining about it being rigged or if they are blatantly hoping to just push this through. Its completely irrelevant, you donkey.

2. As a hordie, the wait times for battlegrounds are relatively short and I absolutely do not mind having this proposal whatsoever. In fact, it would be better to have consistency in wait times across alliance or horde.

3. Due to alliance's racial being quite the popular one, we all know that there are definitely more queues on alliance (which includes premades and etc), queueing on the system at any given time.

4. Most competitive arena players or PVP players will definitely flock to alliance faction due to the advantage the racial provides. I for one am pretty sick of seeing the same group of good players in bgs decimating the horde bg after bg. It does not happen very often but i do see this pattern from time to time.

5. I also do know competitive PVP players who have been at horde for the longest time recently rolling over to alliance because they are sick of horde losing bgs as well. Its pretty annoying.

6. People who said that Warmane shouldn't touch the factions and should leave them as they are, are pretty delusional. First off, I understand from a lore point of view that its quite game-breaking but mind you, our servers aren't role-playing servers. It makes absolute zero sense to what you are saying.

Last but not least, Warmane has been around for close to a decade and like all things, I strongly believe it should evolve with time. Nothing last forever and it includes this private server. Sometimes its really healthy to be trying new concepts to either drive more traffic to the servers or at least prevent the gameplay from being dull. I for one am truly grateful that the staff are still actively trying to improve our overall experience.

With all that has been said, I hope people can be less bashful and critical of new ideas and implementations like these and see things in a more open and matured light. Peace.

8. I agree/disagree i

There were a lot of things said in this thread...I just wanna keep it short, there was something simular on Blackrock a while back, but the "mercenaries" that played for a different faction didn't change their race, you entered a game and was auto-assigned to a faction that needed players(if u guys remember CS 1.6 ...something like that). Now to take all the goods 'n' bads...i gotta agree with this one 'cuzz this server needs some refreshment before it goes down...I suggest that you go with the mode, but 1st try to experiment with it so that you DON'T CHANGE THE MODELS OF CHARACTERS, rather, make em stay Human if they are human, but they play for alliance, it would be a chaos at start but it wouldn't hurt to see who would survive that ****.

With regards, Voodoo.

9. 1st try to experiment with it so that you DON'T CHANGE THE MODELS OF CHARACTERS, rather, make em stay Human if they are human, but they play for alliance, it would be a chaos at start but it wouldn't hurt to see who would survive that ****
    A problem with leaving the models the same is that a lot of reaction time comes from visual identification of a race from the opposing faction. Yes, there are HP bars and stuff, but most people would still instinctively be looking for Horde models first. It might sound minor, but in the heat of a fight with multiple people from both sides, I have little doubt it would create a lot of confusion. Sure, some might consider that "fun," but would that be the majority or just a small amount?

10. So imagine there are 8 hordes in queue and 20 allys. 8 hordes are not enough for any of the battlegrounds (required players for the smallest battleground is 10 each side). No matter if horde are with priority they wont be called for any battleground first because they are only 8 in que second because there is no mix horde+ally vs ally. This leads to battleground 10 ally vs 10 ally and in the que only 8 hordes are left and 0 allys. While the allys are in battleground fighting each other and farming honor the hordes still remain in que.
    As you said this will not affect horde racial change (fight for alliances) and also will not mix horde+alliances in one team.
    Conclusion:
    From horde perspective implementing this mode will make queues for them much longer. Example is the above mentioned scenario.
    Alliances will have benefit from this mode as long as they will be able to fight alliances vs alliances. Less queue time.
    Alliances will fight against themselves in the battleground because of lack of hordes and hordes will die in que because alliances are busy fighting against .. guess what? ALLIANCES.

11. So imagine there are 8 hordes in queue and 20 allys. 8 hordes are not enough for any of the battlegrounds (required players for the smallest battleground is 10 each side). No matter if horde are with priority they wont be called for any battleground first because they are only 8 in que second because there is no mix horde+ally vs ally. This leads to battleground 10 ally vs 10 ally and in the que only 8 hordes are left and 0 allys. While the allys are in battleground fighting each other and farming honor the hordes still remain in que.
    As you said this will not affect horde racial change (fight for alliances) and also will not mix horde+alliances in one team.
    Conclusion:
    From horde perspective implementing this mode will make queues for them much longer. Example is the above mentioned scenario.
    Alliances will have benefit from this mode as long as they will be able to fight alliances vs alliances. Less queue time.
    Alliances will fight against themselves in the battleground because of lack of hordes and hordes will die in que because alliances are busy fighting against .. guess what? ALLIANCES.
    You're correct.
    Or, at least you would be if only those 20 Alliances were the last ones to ever queue, and those 8 Hordes wouldn't ever get 2 more to join them. In the real world even if those 20 got matched with each other, there would be another many Alliances queued (which we know happens, as they have long wait times) and at most those Hordes would have to wait for more Hordes to queue only.

Trying to gauge the effectiveness of a system based on the extreme and rare cases like what you describe has no purpose.

12. A problem with leaving the models the same is that a lot of reaction time comes from visual identification of a race from the opposing faction. Yes, there are HP bars and stuff, but most people would still instinctively be looking for Horde models first. It might sound minor, but in the heat of a fight with multiple people from both sides, I have little doubt it would create a lot of confusion. Sure, some might consider that "fun," but would that be the majority or just a small amount?
    The solution is this (if it can be even be done??): Suppose you are alliance team A playing against alliance team B. Each team could keep their models but from their own point of view only. This means that to you (team A) team B looks like horde. But at the same time team B would still see themselves having the alliance models while seeing team A looking like horde.

That way an alliance player would always see his own model and nothing would break as far as lore and Role Playing goes because your opponents would always look like horde, even if their are alliance. Problem solved.

13. The solution is this (if it can be even be done??): Suppose you are alliance team A playing against alliance team B. Each team could keep their models but from their own point of view only. This means that to you (team A) team B looks like horde. But at the same time team B would still see themselves having the alliance models while seeing team A looking like horde.

That way an alliance player would always see his own model and nothing would break as far as lore and Role Playing goes because your opponents would always look like horde, even if their are alliance. Problem solved.
    The information the server sends about character models is broadcast as far as I know, so it's the same for anyone within rendering range, and possibly either something hardcoded or that would require changes in the core itself. I could be wrong about that, but if I'm correct, I wouldn't see that happening.

14. So Blizzard realized the mess and they decided that going back to precata is a good idea. Now you want to try and implement more of what they want to undo at Blizzard ????

Please I don not want to restart again because the devs of a WOTLK server decided they want to add fancy features that at the end of the day make everything wind down to the point it dies.

Please if you do this 30% is already a significant amount to vote against this and it would be a mistake not stepping back and considering why 30% voted like this. Like already mentioned an option to enable (DISSABLED BY DEFAULT FOR THOSE THAT WONT READ UPDATE NOTES NOR TRY AND FIND OUT WHY) on the account page is a good option. Have it enabled by default and those simply to lazy to look is going to have a fit and QQ

15. Having that in mind why don't you change the things in that way (using example above) 2 single queued alliances (or 2 premade) to join in bg as hordes to fulfill the 8 hordes to at least 10 so both sides hordes and alliances can join the battleground. My point is in addition to what you have presented with this new mode to add this case where number of alliances to be part of the horde team in order to make that BG happen.

First ... 513141516172565 ... Last