View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Horde PvP without a guild is currently impossible; 80% of the bg's are steamroll victories for the alliance; and instead of trying to entice more pvp players to join the underdog faction to remove the need for premades in the horde, they simply remove the penalty for rolling the dominating faction.

The casual PvPer that mostly joins solo only has one faction to play now; ally.

2. Did you read the post? You are not playing Horde. You will still be our alliance toon simply fighting on the opposite side of the BG. This is just like being able to fight against other alliance teams in arena. I do not see a negative side of this other then it was not in WoTLK, but neither was being able to buy shadowmourne yet ppl still play on Icecrown.
    How the hell he wont be horde what are you saying? He will even change the appearance to horde toon. You just said he wont be horde, what he will be? A 3rd faction fighting againts alliance and the horde?

Yes he will be on horde side in that particular bg.

3. IMO you should have released this feature (i.e. for a week ) without saying a word just to see the honest reaction of ppl.
    Now they will comlpain about every little thing + I'm not sure they fully understand it.

What does it matter anyways if you character is on the horde side or looks like a horde race, you prolly won't even notice the difference.
    It's just like rated bgs in other expansions minus the race swap.

4. Yes, please. I wanna join faster to BG.

PD: how can i change my vote? i missclicked

5. Wtf this is bad, no no and no

6. I don't want to be forced to play as a female cow, orc or troll with my war. End of story.
    If I wanted faster queue times I would just swap horde.
    Make it optional or I'm done with this server for good.

7. I don't want to be forced to play as a female cow, orc or troll with my war. End of story.
    If I wanted faster queue times I would just swap horde.
    Make it optional or I'm done with this server for good.
    so many replies like this. so not only will it be good for the alliance ques, if any of these people are from icecrown it will lower icecrowns que as well. WIN WIN.

8. Win win, as in "competitive alliance players win, roleplayer alliance players lose and horde players probably lose?"

9. Win win, as in "competitive alliance players win, roleplayer alliance players lose and horde players probably lose?"
    win win as in exactly what i said. alliance ques are shorter and icecrown ques are shorter. i don't see it effecting horde that much and if roleplayers want to exclude themselves from doing bg's solely because of "but muh immersion" then that's their problem.

10. So instead of addressing the issue of the pvp imbalance, lets make a reason for it to be even more unbalanced. I wonder how many you will lose to Wow Classic.

11. The only problem I could think off right now, is tauren shadowmelding in the middle of the fight. I would think that sucker left the game. :D

I'm sure this was posted before, but maybe it's worth enabling mercenary status by default, but let people turn it off in account settings, where roleplayers would surely find it.

12. win win as in exactly what i said. alliance ques are shorter and icecrown ques are shorter. i don't see it effecting horde that much and if roleplayers want to exclude themselves from doing bg's solely because of "but muh immersion" then that's their problem.
    The two factions aren't alliance and icecrown

13. The two factions aren't alliance and icecrown
    icecrown has a login que there genius. which is what i was referring to.

14. NO NO NO NO Horde is Horde .. Ally is Ally .... no point to do that.. no point to play pvp after that...

First ... 1523242526273575 ... Last