View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. No.

Although it's a good solution for Alliance long queue, having longer queue is a good solution for faction population as well. It's simple a war game between alliance vs alliance or horde vs horde(unlikely), in meanwhile people(mostly pvp oriented) will choose alliance(idk why) which will cause serverside pvp mostly on alliance faction. What I mean is longer queue's forcing people to go Horde toons if not simply sit and wait your long queue. A delicate method for faction balance. Also you haven't mentioned about ranked battlegrounds and arena (haven't read all pages, if it's already answered ,please, a page-direction appriciated).

Hope I can explain my concerns. A solution for long queue could be really good, especially for people who sided Alliance with heart,but I'm worrying about my faction population as well(and a future faction creation lock will not be the solution).

And that's all. Have fun while spilling blood. Lok'thar Ogar!

2. So as Horde nothing change.
    I remain sceptical.
    Even when horde takes the queue priority I highly doubt that the queue times on horde side won't be affected by this.
    Esp bigger horde premades will experience longer queue times because on the other side there gonna be less allis that could be matched in a BG.

In addition, with shorter alli queues, many of the remaining BiS geared pvp veterans that are still on horde side will migrate to alliance to take advanateg of the human racial.
    In consequences there will be even less geared horde pvpers and even more geared alli pvpers.

Mercenary mode will have negative effects for the horde faction.

3. I remain sceptical.
    Even when horde takes the queue priority I highly doubt that the queue times on horde side won't be affected by this.
    Esp bigger horde premades will experience longer queue times because on the other side there gonna be less allis that could be matched in a BG.
    ?
    The system doesn't kick in until there are no remaining Horde players to put into a battleground.

4. ?
    The system doesn't kick in until there are no remaining Horde players to put into a battleground.
    So, what is the percentage of having no horde player in the queue?

5. Why would we bother calculating percentages of something like that?
    The high queue times on Alliance and the low ones on Horde show that it happens, and it isn't a rare occurrence.

6. ?
    Current system:
    30 allys in BG queue and 9 horde in BG queue. One more horde player queues for BG. WSG pops up immediatly. The remaining 20 allys have to wait in queue.
    New system:
    30 allys in BG queue and 9 horde in BG queue. AB pops up, 15 alli vs 15 alli. The remaining 9 horde players have to wait in queue.

These examples sound like rare occasions but I think it gonna be a common thing that when horde has enough players to trigger a BG there won't be enough allis in the queue because they already triggered a ally vs ally BG before that.

7. New system:
    30 allys in BG queue and 9 horde in BG queue. AB pops up, 15 alli vs 15 alli. The remaining 9 horde players have to wait in queue.
    How are you able to say how a system that isn't even implemented or detailed down to numbers works?

8. Too many players did not understand how this mercenary mode works.

Basically in SOME occasion there are gonna be "Ally vs Ally" BGs. ( one of these 2 groups will have a temporary "horde visual aspect" to avoid confusion among players).
    That is it.

Why? Because queing as Alliance requires between 7-12 mins due to "Crossrealm" + "BG gear separation". ( before it was between 4-7 min)

So as Horde nothing change.
    You have instant queue -> you will still have instant queue
    you have Ally vs horde BG -> you will still have Ally vs Horde Bgs

Those Ally vs Ally Bg will be triggered only by Alliance players who have been in queue for too long
    Horde nothing change?

"Those Ally vs Ally Bg will be triggered only by Alliance players"

This indirectly interferes the opposite faction. So this is a change for Horde!

9. How are you able to say how a system that isn't even implemented or detailed down to numbers works?
    Detail the system for us. So we can get better conclusions and vote

10. How are you able to say how a system that isn't even implemented or detailed down to numbers works?
    I know as much as you how it's going to be.
    Therefore, claiming that this won't have any negative effects on the horde queue time is false.

11. Detail the system for us. So we can get better conclusions and vote
    You are voting on a proposed idea, something that might be worked on if the poll favors it, that might be tweaked and adjusted during it's potential development. If you will only vote with details, abstain.

I know as much as you how it's going to be.
    Therefore, claiming that this won't have any negative effects on the horde queue time is false.
    Who said there won't be any negative effects? Any change will have "negative effects" because people often can't accept change. No matter what was done, there would be people complaining. Even for the Alliance side, who would benefit with shorter queues, there are people saying their "roleplaying will be ruined."

You, on the other hand, are fabricating numerical examples of how it would be negative without anything to base it on aside from you personally disliking the idea. That's called propaganda. Stop that. If you want to defend negatives, do it with the information you have, not with the one you make up with bias.

12. I remain sceptical.

In addition, with shorter alli queues, many of the remaining BiS geared pvp veterans that are still on horde side will migrate to alliance to take advanateg of the human racial.
    In consequences there will be even less geared horde pvpers and even more geared alli pvpers.

Mercenary mode will have negative effects for the horde faction.
    I agree with this person. This change is better for the Alliance that is clear. They said it was "unlikely" it would effect the Horde que times on page 2. The fact is we are not sure, nor are we sure what the longer term effects are by making Alliance que times more appealing. I don't think any Horde should vote yes on this. There is no upside for us, and it will probably negatively affect us in the end.

13. The problem with this change is the following: PvP is unbalanced, since one side is heavily favored due to an OP racial. To solve this problem warmane now wants to buff the already favored faction, while changing nothing for the faction that is at a disadvantage. As a horde player there is 0 reason to like this change and a bunch to dislike it.
    I am glad to see that the pvp imbalance is being worked on, but I really don't think that this is the change we need right now. This is just my biased horde opinion though

14. Will this affect arena soloqs aswell or only bgs?

15. This change already affects all arenas ( horde and alliance players are NOT mixed in teams, but alliance teams can face alliance teams)
    Soloque would need a change so that horde and alliance players can be mixed within a team

First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last