View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. I mean taking into consideration you merged Blackrock PvP with Lordaeron/Icecrown, a server on which players literally log in and get free PvP/PvE gear, gear which normally would take about 3-4 months to get on any of the other 2 servers, and privilegies such as basically any consumable, including percent regeneration food, not to mention the fact that they have no reason whatsoever to start any other race other than human. :)

2. I mean taking into consideration you merged Blackrock PvP with Lordaeron/Icecrown, a server on which players literally log in and get free PvP/PvE gear, gear which normally would take about 3-4 months to get on any of the other 2 servers, and privilegies such as basically any consumable, including percent regeneration food, not to mention the fact that they have no reason whatsoever to start any other race other than human. :)
    as lordaeron player I think that blackrock is less of a problem than icecrown tbh. Blackrock players all have decent gear and IC players all have BIS gear, just that the majority doesn't know how to use it

3. The poll percentages are suspiciously stable. always 65 or 66% vs 35 or 34% since its started

4. Hey, the win% for allies is like 90%, how can we possibly make it any larger to make sure no horde ever wants to PvP again? I know! Just remove the only detriment that the allience has!

5. Do not do it do not ruin the pvp on icecrown and lordaeron !

6. now that poll is close could a warmane staff tell us when the changes will be implemented ? it will really help me

7. If this happens, ill stop playing..

8. If this happens, ill stop playing..
    People said the same things when "Gear brackets" was implemented, Check the thread, then check when those people last logged in....

If you actually do leave, Bye, no one cares about snowflakes leaving pointless threats, actually many people would love you to leave so queue times gets shorter.

9. A Horde Pug Perspective

I queue solo all the time. I choose not to join a guild or do PMs. I play to fight alliance players and not talk and make friends. All I do is PVP, and in particular Battlegrounds. So unlike some other posters, I feel this change affects me directly. I remember playing in retail when the racial changes came out. I remember thinking how many good PVP players we would lose. We did. But some of us stuck with the Horde throughout the years and continue to play in a version where our opponents have better PVP racials. Personally, I hate the look of the Alliance ginger bread cities and towns, pink hair toons, the voices, etc. I have never seriously given changing factions a real thought until now.

I frequently see the same players in BGs. Some of them are conflicted. It is hard being a Horde PUG/solo player. While there are certain time blocks where Horde dominates in BGs, outside of those times most matches are won by the Alliance in my experience. Some players have expressed an interest to change factions because they are tired of losing so often. A legitimate complaint IMO.

I would say that this particular change is a very bad one for the Horde. I feel it will push those Horde players that are on the fence away. It is for this reason that I am strongly against it. If it does go through (which it probably will given that I think the staff wants it too), you may find me fighting alongside those ridiculous looking purple goats and pink gnomes. At least some of time I will look like Horde.

10. Horde just have superior offensive racials, which in big fights means alot.
    Even blizz, who never admit anything when they are wrong, said that alliance racials are much better than horde. What does that then say about you?

As for me, I have no problem with human racials (I play orc... For the Horde).

11. Why did you close the poll? I haven't voted yet and only just found this. My vote is YES.

12. I queue solo all the time. I choose not to join a guild or do PMs. I play to fight alliance players and not talk and make friends. All I do is PVP, and in particular Battlegrounds. So unlike some other posters, I feel this change affects me directly. I remember playing in retail when the racial changes came out. I remember thinking how many good PVP players we would lose. We did. But some of us stuck with the Horde throughout the years and continue to play in a version where our opponents have better PVP racials. Personally, I hate the look of the Alliance ginger bread cities and towns, pink hair toons, the voices, etc. I have never seriously given changing factions a real thought until now.

I frequently see the same players in BGs. Some of them are conflicted. It is hard being a Horde PUG/solo player. While there are certain time blocks where Horde dominates in BGs, outside of those times most matches are won by the Alliance in my experience. Some players have expressed an interest to change factions because they are tired of losing so often. A legitimate complaint IMO.

I would say that this particular change is a very bad one for the Horde. I feel it will push those Horde players that are on the fence away. It is for this reason that I am strongly against it. If it does go through (which it probably will given that I think the staff wants it too), you may find me fighting alongside those ridiculous looking purple goats and pink gnomes. At least some of time I will look like Horde.
    You might be right, but we don’t really know how this is going to look. What if it turns out that BG scene gets balanced and Horde players have less reasons to change faction? I’d like to see it implemented and would like to get a feel of it. If it doesn’t work out well, I believe it’d be good to allow free Alliance to Horde transfers and close them the other way.

I say this because I believe that good number of players see WPvP and BG as something way more than EMFH or additional trinket. Disbalance is created by the people who were initially Horde and went to Alliance because they were desperate for additional SP/AP or whatever. As an example, during Molten-WoW (2012) on Deathwing, Horde was dominant in BG’s whole year, literally - whats up with racials then? It’s the people who make that difference.

Problem is that many people are ******s and tend to break under pressure and decide to take the easier road.
    Edited: March 6, 2019 Reason: Edited content not conforming to Forum rules

13. during Molten-WoW (2012) on Deathwing, Horde was dominant in BG’s whole year, literally - whats up with racials then? It’s the people who make that difference.
    This is true.
    Even in arenas Horde had a lot more teams in the "Top 50" back then.

14. There's only one word that could describe being against something to reduce the wait times in PvP because it would temporarily change your appearance for the duration of an occasional Battleground match: drama.
    It's not drama, it's an opinion.

I'm not against the mercenary mode (I voted yes), but if I play a Night Elf, I don't want to play as Tauren (just an example).

If I use a lot of time (and/or money) to get a Transmog that likes me, it's because I want it for some reason.

So no drama here, but you (as warmane team I mean) should look for a 'solution' for this, because it will affect a lot of players. Not drama, not an order, just an opinion.

(I think the blackrock developer team did something similar with .tmog commands, where you could tmog on any NPC, but only you saw it)

15. It's not drama, it's an opinion.
    Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

And you're focusing on a single word, without the context or the full scope of this. Just consider the items, toys and even quests that temporarily force you into having a different appearance, even that of a member of the opposing faction. Do you picture people refusing to progress a quest line because of that? Someone ditching a character completely if one such quests turns out to be a road block? How about someone that is targeted by another player with an item or toy that changes their appearance, the character is tainted and due to deletion? I don't particularly see that. People will do those quests just fine, or if they are skipped it's just for faster progression, not because they can't bear to temporarily look different.

Here we have a proposal to enhance the PvP experience of Alliance, who go through long queues because of overpopulation (in queues, not as a faction). It comes with the odd possibility that sometimes you might go against other Alliance, and out of those "some times" you some time might end put in the "illusionary Horde" side. It has a large pro for people who actively PvP, with a minor con, that is something that already normally happens in the game, and no one has any idea how often it would happen to them.

There are valid, rational reasons to be against this proposal (especially from the Horde side worrying their ranks might be drained). The occasional appearance change, while might be a personal opinion, just isn't really one of them when you take everything into account.

First ... 19272829303139 ... Last