View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. No bro it will more likely be 15v10+5 arathi / eots
    You didn't understand how the system would work.

2. As long as it fixes the que,it's very resonable.The way you guys made it also sounds spot on.
    You'll have to realize that most of horde players won't bother to vote ''YES'' as they are going to be greedy letting up on their instant que.
    Generally,if this is implemented the que might be a bit worse on horde side,but it'll be barely noticable.
    Anyhow,this is a community matter,meaning the alliance que HAS to be fixed so please go along with this.Great initiative!

3. Yea,the horde population will certainly see this as a feature that's gonna ruin their instant ques,so a 90% of these ''no'' votes are gonna be from them.
    Please,approach this objectively for the sake of community.

4. Yea,the horde population will certainly see this as a feature that's gonna ruin their instant ques,so a 90% of these ''no'' votes are gonna be from them.
    Please,approach this objectively for the sake of community.
    Uhm? We clearly said it will not have an effect on Horde players and the queues.

5. There are two points to be made here: first is that the server would no longer be blizzlike if we changed stuff around. To that i say that it wouldn't be blizzlike(at the time during wotlk) to make the changes you are arguing for here now with mercenary mode. The second is that the idea behind the factions was that horde should be better at pve and alliance better at pvp. To that i say go look right now at the ladders for pve and pvp, right now you'll notice that in pve alliane and horde are about equally represented on the pve ladder(at around 26-24 in favor of horde), while the pvp ladder is overwhelmingly alliance (at around 46-4 in favor of alliance); that's just the top 50, i'm willing to bet that top 100 is even worse for horde.
    To further clarify, i do not want to see alliance players in my team on horde. There's a general hatred between one and other, that's the nature of roleplaying games such as wow; you always remember that one guy's name who has been hunting you down the entire bg, i wouldn't want to see him on my team. You can't take that away and call it an improvement, i disagree.
    Edited: February 27, 2019 Reason: Removed content unrelated to subject.

6. Well,my bad then.
    If this is out of the way,i just don't see why one would not go for it.Yet,there are some greedy people who will not take the community's wishes in regard and go against it.Since they just don't care about the alliance problem as it's not their own.

7. To further clarify, i do not want to see alliance players in my team on horde. There's a general hatred between one and other, that's the nature of roleplaying games such as wow; you always remember that one guy's name who has been hunting you down the entire bg, i wouldn't want to see him on my team. You can't take that away and call it an improvement, i disagree.
    Read the thread, please. Pay attention to the larger, very green, text. We decided to put this decision in the hands of the community, in hope that they will at least properly read the thread.

Please pay attention and carefully examine the options. Of course, you can go by emotion, as well, we do not blame anyone for doing this.

8. Uhm? We clearly said it will not have an effect on Horde players and the queues.
    Even if horde players are prioritized I think that the queue time on horde side would be still longer.
    When allys are fighting against allys in BGs it consequently means that there are less allys waiting in the queue.
    So when I queue for a BG as a horde player I would need to wait longer because there are less opponents in queue than before.

9. Fantastic idea.

Always enjoyed how handy this can be for imbalances.
    Doesn't force anyone to faction change, doesn't force anyone to look at the opposing faction on their team (do remember to read the original post about being visually morphed), and gives everyone an overall more balanced BG experience.

For those complaining about it not being blizzlike: WOTLK in 2019 isn't blizzlike, a thousand things about this server aren't blizzlike, you're making stuff up and you know it. People complaining about racials, those are the racials from 3.3.5, you're playing the wrong version of WoW if you don't want to experience them as they are.

10. Does this system affect only PvP or it will change PvE queue as well? If both, I may vote yes, if it's only PvP i don't really care because I never PvP and all my toons have nearly 0 PvP achievements.

11. Even if horde players are prioritized I think that the queue time on horde side would be still longer.
    When allys are fighting against allys in BGs it consequently means that there are less allys waiting in the queue.
    So when I queue for a BG as a horde player I would need to wait longer because there are less opponents in queue than before.
    For it to have a negative effect, both factions would have to go through equal waiting times, which would mean the amount of people queued is the same. We clearly know that's not the case, so the effect would be just to ease the waiting time on the faction with a surplus of queued players, as Horde queues would already be fulfilled first. Sure, there could be an odd case where an Alliance vs. Alliance match starts a second before Horde people queue up, but that's the rare exception and not an argument to reconsider the system.

12. Does this system affect only PvP or it will change PvE queue as well? If both, I may vote yes, if it's only PvP i don't really care because I never PvP and all my toons have nearly 0 PvP achievements.
    Only pertains to battlegrounds.

13. This may be a nice way to combat the disgracefully long queues, yes. But what about racial skills? If a horde paladin wants to queue as an alliance, will they be a draenei, dwarf or a human and will their racial skill be affected in any way shape or form? If so, there might be an inconvenience with constantly changing macros / keybinds / gear.

14. NO, hell NO! By choosing alliance side, people choose human mostly because of racial and DPS trinkets option. If you choose alliance you are ment to suffer longer BG que times, that is how it's meant to be!

First 123451353 ... Last