View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Here we have a proposal to enhance the PvP experience of Alliance, who go through long queues because of overpopulation (in queues, not as a faction). It comes with the odd possibility that sometimes you might go against other Alliance, and out of those "some times" you some time might end put in the "illusionary Horde" side. It has a large pro for people who actively PvP, with a minor con, that is something that already normally happens in the game, and no one has any idea how often it would happen to them.
    This "minor con" is a "major con" for ppl that want to have at least a bit of RPG atmosphere. Ppl that are patriotic to their faction and don't want to betray their followers by fighting against them.
    Ppl that want to keep this RPG atmosphere play mainly on Lordaeron and partly on Icecrown.
    They absolutely certain do NOT play on Blackrock.

With that in mind it would make much more sense to leave Icecrown and Lordaeron as they are and implement cross-faction mode on Blackrock?
    Put Blackrock players on whatever side in the cross-realm BG pool is less represented.
    Let Blackrock players have their appearance changed to the other faction in BGs.
    They don't mind. They are even asking for it.

2. How do you know how every Blackrock player feels and thinks?Most of the people want this change apparently(65% vs 35%),so stop making drama.

I agree completly with your point of view.
    7 days have passed already and the pool is closed now.Can you give us update if this idea will become reality and if yes when we can see it for the 1st time.Im sure that most of the alliance players want to expierence shorter queue as fast as possible.Thank you in advance!

3. They don't mind. They are even asking for it.
    just give us instant ques..

4. How do you know how every Blackrock player feels and thinks?Most of the people want this change apparently(65% vs 35%),so stop making drama.
    Don't you understand my point?
    The entire Blackrock realm could be treated as Horde players when it comes to cross-realm BGs. Blackrock players aren't into rpg and they don't mind what faction they are fighting for.
    The long ally queue time would be fixed w/o even changing anything on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    Everybody would be happy.

Lets talk a bit about other cross-realm feature that might come in the future.
    Its important to keep them in mind because they also gonna be affected by the faction imbalance issue.
    Cross-realm Wintergrasp: Is here also the solution to have a WG Mercenary Mode?
    Who would keep the chamber after a Ally vs Ally WG battle?
    Cross-realm PvP zones: Again Mercenary Mode? Ally vs Ally in Wpvp?

I think that Mercenary Mode is not the right answer to faction imbalance issues in the server pool.
    The more elegant solution is to keep Icecrown and Lordaeron as they are and let Blackrock be the cross-faction realm.
    Blackrock players would be able to balance out any faction imbalance in the server pool while the other realms don't lose their horde vs alliance rpg atmosphere.

5. Don't you understand my point?
    I think that Mercenary Mode is not the right answer to faction imbalance issues in the server pool.
    The more elegant solution is to keep Icecrown and Lordaeron as they are and let Blackrock be the cross-faction realm.
    Blackrock players would be able to balance out any faction imbalance in the server pool while the other realms don't lose their horde vs alliance rpg atmosphere.
    So you want to give us (Horde) all those Blackrock players, some of which are brand new to wow and are experimenting with instant 80s. If this leads to even more losses on the Horde side, I could see that exacerbating imbalance issues.

At the end of the day, this is all about the win ratio. Only Warmane staff know the answer to this based on the data, but I believe less Horde participate because they lose significantly more often. Nobody likes to lose a lot.

Now this mercenary mode would likely lower the win ratio for the Alliance when they fight each other. I wonder how many proponents have thought of that? If Warmane staff were to then use the system they already have in place to help actual Horde players with giving them more geared players in Bgs, it might increase the Horde win ratio enticing more to participate.. These two things could bring equilibrium back and benefit both sides.

6. So you want to give us (Horde) all those Blackrock players, some of which are brand new to wow and are experimenting with instant 80s. If this leads to even more losses on the Horde side, I could see that exacerbating imbalance issues.
    True that but the gear of Blackrock players will improve.
    All highend items, including Smourne, are now available in the Blackrock store.
    Its only a matter of time until Blackrock players will catch up and then it would be good to have BiS geared humans from Blackrock fighting for the horde.

7. Is it like on Blackrock pvp?
    Then it's awesome.. Why should someone complain about that? :)

8. Que on ally side is really long and much longer than horde's but solo que is pretyy 50-50. So dont except going ally will be 90% win rate.

9. Is it like on Blackrock pvp?
    Especially when they never tried it before.
    In a battleground appearance dosen't mean anything, People don't look at your character, they are busy fighting. The enemy team barely se your gear, most only se a red bar, if your so obsessed with your gear that you can't take your eyes of it to spot enemies then... well.... you don't belong in a BG.

I love the transmog system and I'm myself obsessed about "looking good" but in battlegrounds? seriously? no, it feels like most of the people hang on the band wagon and just TRY to find something of a valid reason to complain about this feature, and to be honest, it's bad.

I guess some very few people do care about this still, ok then why not have option to set what race of the other faction you want to look like?

10. Especially when they never tried it before.
    In a battleground appearance dosen't mean anything, People don't look at your character, they are busy fighting. The enemy team barely se your gear, most only se a red bar, if your so obsessed with your gear that you can't take your eyes of it to spot enemies then... well.... you don't belong in a BG.

I love the transmog system and I'm myself obsessed about "looking good" but in battlegrounds? seriously? no, it feels like most of the people hang on the band wagon and just TRY to find something of a valid reason to complain about this feature, and to be honest, it's bad.

I guess some very few people do care about this still, ok then why not have option to set what race of the other faction you want to look like?
    The point is that , as you said, there is no need to change the race. But honestly, i dont care any more. All i care about right now is swapping my queue time into actual playing time, since right now the former is greater than the later.

11. Please, if possible do it asap. We need it really badly, at least on ally side, i don't care if i will lose some bgs more, but i can't stand more 10 minutes wait for SINGLE BG.

12. Agree. On horde is 1min , on ally....7+mins

13. Is it like on Blackrock pvp?
    No, it's not like Blackrock PvP. People should really start reading before they vote. Factions will NOT get mixed, which probably leads to worse winrates for horde, since the last reason to go horde (fast ques) is gone. The only horde PvP players will be people who took the wrong choice for pvp (mainly new players and pve players) guess how that will affect the balance

14. No, it's not like Blackrock PvP. People should really start reading before they vote. Factions will NOT get mixed, which probably leads to worse winrates for horde, since the last reason to go horde (fast ques) is gone. The only horde PvP players will be people who took the wrong choice for pvp (mainly new players and pve players) guess how that will affect the balance
    And at that moment... Warmane removes the system "oh hell 1 hour queues we really shot ourself in the foot now didn't we", Guess it's time to roll horde and "Faction balance" happens.

First ... 20282930313240 ... Last