View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. But it isn't an "always" thing, it just depends on which faction is needing people to fill their ranks at the time. Often there are too many Alliances, so it will be the Horde needing more people, but Blackrock didn't all just get turned into Horde or anything like that. The same thing that would happen in the original idea is happening, the only difference being that Blackrock, who already had players casually switching factions back and forth, is the one where players are being drawn from to complete teams needing more members.
    Just a feedback: The system is great, the queue is awesome, but there also some bugs tho. Yesterday, we face a horde team with 11 ppl on Warsong Gulch (max. should be 10). Also, as already told in this section, hacks became an issue (most from Blackrock ppl - because anyone can make a new account, take a new char with a good gear). So, in that same BG game, a couple of Blackrock guys (horde side) were using hacks. Their FC (a pally) was in-n-out invisibility all the time while holding the flag (likewise: 5 seconds invisible, then 1 second visible, 5 seconds invisible, and so on).

2. Originally Posted by truthwow1
    I suggest to give this new horde race a additional racial called "wooden leg".

Wooden leg
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Requires level 1
    The pirate takes his wooden leg and rams it in the targets butt.
    Stuns an enemy, rendering it unable to move or attack for 5 sec.
    Only useable after the target used "Every man for himself".

3. An alliance shaman can use ''Heroism'' while a horde player will be sated for ''Bloodlust'' and the horde player will still get the extra attack speed because seems like they don't share the same debuff. Or the other way around. Also I see much more trash talking in BG chats. I really don't like this system, maybe it'll get better with time dunno..

4. An alliance shaman can use ''Heroism'' while a horde player will be sated for ''Bloodlust'' and the horde player will still get the extra attack speed because seems like they don't share the same debuff. Or the other way around. Also I see much more trash talking in BG chats. I really don't like this system, maybe it'll get better with time dunno..
    Also I get literally matched with only Blackrock players atm as a horde from Icecrown. Literally .No way in hell that's balanced when the Icecrown alliance can now get insta queues and have way better gear than the average BR player.

5. From an alliance blackrock player point of view.
    Pros: really fast bg queues. I guess the alliance players from Icecrown/Lordaeron are happy.
    Cons: most of the alliance Blackrock players who join the horde side (including myself) wear starter gear and they are farming honor to get their wrathfull/ilvl264 off parts. When the first honor farm is complete they usually start to join 2s or soloque to never come back (at least until they reach the proper rating for the heroic items). So I can relate to those "real" horde players complaining about the gear balance. Some Blackrock players even afk on gy/starting zones. I guess the best solution for a horde Icecrown/Lordaeron player is to make premades in order to avoid us (which sounds kinda funny from my pov).

6. The very idea of going horde was short ques.
    Now you just reduced alliance que time, filled horde with 24k hp blackrock noobs and made almost imposible to premade on horde - premade ques take ages.
    Every game is 70% blackrock noobs vs 80% Icecrown bis packed nerds leading to obvious result.
    Winrate has never been worse before.

6/5 decision, thanks(not)

7. Making Blackrock players faction less in BGs was the right decision.
    Blackrock can now be used to even out the faction imbalance in the cross-realm pool. That will also help for upcoming cross-realm features.

Now the next step should be to buff the stats of the PvP trinket so dedicated PvPer are no longer forced to be humans.
    That would lead to more BiS geared PvPers on the horde side and consequently more balanced BGs.
    When horde and ally have a equal amount of BiS geared PvPer then it would even be possible to implement are new BG bracket from 6k-7k GS.

8. So, now that the change is through people realize that horde is unplayable for bgs? Who'd have thought...

9. How about you remove honor points from Blackrock also Battlegrounds and let them play arenas. After all, the name was ARENA TOURNAMENT.

10. How about you remove honor points from Blackrock also Battlegrounds and let them play arenas. After all, the name was ARENA TOURNAMENT.
    removing half of the pvp content for a pure pvp server sounds like a phantastic idea.
    Let's remove all zones except Icecrown from Icecrown? How dare you go into rs or wearing rs gear when your server is called ICECROWN?

11. The best they can do is put an option on whether you want to join the mercenary mode or keep waiting until the day of your death a bg. There are many tearful and immature players who can not tolerate being members of the other faction for 10-20 m, because they think that WoW is the real world where they will kill their friends who will then revive between 1 and 30 seconds. , to kill them again. Be objective and do this for the good of the whole server, because there are many players who think with subjectivity and not with objectivity about the pvp, where we all are affected by those unnecessary times if you already have such an easy solution. (Players who do exclusively pve directly should not vote).
    Finally, do what Blizzard did recently and give the horde certain advantages of winning honor, gold or something special that the alliance wants, because this is a talk of children of 5 years where the solution you propose is the healthiest for all who play pvp.

Do not count the votes of those who do not have the capacity to understand the texts, which is surely 50% of the votes of No.
    Read comments that understand anything, as if your character becomes a horde forever is something that makes you seriously think about the intelligence, education or age of server players.

12. I can tell you that I flat out hate it. I hate that the servers are mixed for BG play as well. I left Icecrown for Lordearon to get away from all the pay for gear players and hundreds of shadowmornes. Now I have to put up with that again. Now, Mercenary removes the penalty for all the BIS players to move to Alliance. With an unbalanced server, the prospect of waiting in long queues will make some people chose to go to the Horde side for shorter queue times. Mercenary takes that incentive away and frees up all the advanced gear players to join the Alliance so they can win most of the BGs. Most of the people I know on Lordearon will only PVE now because of the strong imbalance. Warmane keeps making poor decisions just to keep their Icecrown players happy.

13. Couple days in and still proceed to have imbalance that you state this introduction of merc mode would remove. I don't just mean horde/ally imbalance I mean that Blackrock is getting ****ed... I can't farm honor anymore because we can't win bg's.. I'm constantly getting put into a losing side either horde or alliance because of all these premades on icecrown being able to play instant queue's now its not working simple fact like I used to win games legit played maybe 100+ bg's and won maybe 5-6 it's stupid please turn this merc mode off or allow me to, I don't mind having to sit a 15 minute alliance queue to actually join a playable battleground....

14. Warmane keeps making poor decisions just to keep their Icecrown players happy.

I can not see any Icecrown horde happy, cause 90% pvpers went horde only due to shorter ques compare to alliance side.
    Now when ques are similar, there is no reason to transfer Horde in the patch, where alliance pvp racials are way better.
    So it will come to Icecrown alliance players beating Blackrock low geared players who just create a toon to test spec/skills.

First ... 28363738394048 ... Last