View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. GREAT idea especially if you want climb the arenas towards 2200 rating,horde should be rewarded with more arena and rating point because climb the ladder as horde side it's harder it is a fact.
    Developing a system that rewards horde more than alliance in arena would be super complex and it wouldn't fix the root of the problem.
    It would be much more simple and efficient to just buff the PvP trinket so EMFH less superior.
    Add more resilience or custom gem slots to the pvp trinket and all the faction imbalance issues would be solved.

2. Check the 2v2 pvp ladder atm the first and second place is for warriors with no smourne so git gud and stop cry
    These 2 guys are from Blackrock and probably amazing players. The only reason why they don't have Shadowmourne is because they don't want to donate to get it and getting it through the quest simply takes so long that they don't have it yet. Imagine what they are capable of once they have shadowmourne, but that is COMPLETELY irrelevant to mercenary mode or the insane bg imbalance it leads to. This only shows that icecrown donors in fact have no skill since they can't even compete with Blackrock players without shadowmourne, nothing else

3. Can someone screenshot what a mercenary mode alliance player LOOKS like in a bg as horde? Haven't been able to get a close look at one.
    Humans turn into Undeads. If you are playing a paladin, no matter the alliance race you have choosen, you obviously turn into a Blood Elf (same with NE druids turning into Taurens). Night Elves should turn into Trolls and Draenei into Taurens but I'm not so sure about it. You can recognize them also by the fact they are using alliance mounts or titles.

4. Hello guys, Just wanted to share with you my horde point of view.

Omw faction change

Saewelo
    Hello guys, Just wanted to share with you my horde point of view.

Omw faction change
    What actually this change brought, on a pretty big scale.

6. Yep, already did my faction change and i'm loving to play bg's as ally on Icecrown 100% win rate.

Before the faction change, on the /bg chat, we couldn't say anything otherwise the mercenary blackrock noobs that made the char for testing purposes will just keep saying that even losing 100% of the battlegrounds we are cry babies.

I never asked to play with people from AT or Blackrock, this change sucks, leave icecrown server alone, if ally wants to stay ally, **** it, let them have 15 min queue, its theire choice anyway.

It's very well known that warmane staff doesn't give a crap, otherwise they would have put some eyes on AV or any other BG after this implementation, and they would run and hide in a corner.

7. 6 BG won in a row as horde...tell me more in what server are u playing, check your realmlist pls.

8. They will wait till bg situation is completely destroyed (most of my bg horde list is on alliance side already).

9. They will wait till bg situation is completely destroyed (most of my bg horde list is on alliance side already).
    If you check the servers you will see that a/h ratio is pretty balanced(there are more hordes,but not by much),so i dont see how this is making the horde players change faction.Also to be honest as an ally player(sometimes im playing as horde too) when i solo queue im getting harder games and im losing more often(only in big bgs AV/IOC horde is getting destroyed most of the time) - when i log on my horde alts im winning a lot(prob 50/50 l/w ratio.If i go with PM then the numbers are insane 80-95% win ratio as horde.So i have no idea in what server you guys are playing(maybe i have luck?).I dont get it why pple are crying about Blackrock players when the average Blackrock player is more skilled and is contributing more if you compare him to Icecrown/Lord players(average player,not hardcore pvpers).Also lets not forget that they are starting with good starting gear.

10. If you check the servers you will see that a/h ratio is pretty balanced
    Why should i check that statistic wich does not come even closer to a pvp scene ?
    Most horde players are picked horde due to pve racials.

11. Why should i check that statistic wich does not come even closer to a pvp scene ?
    Most horde players are picked horde due to pve racials.
    And how are horde racials not usefull for pvp? - AOE Silence/Stun,2nd Semi trinket(Fear,charm,Sleep),Enrage,Stun resist, etc.Maybe im bad or missing something,but extra cc is perf for pvp.CC is as important in pvp as the DMG you can do.Yes with pve trinkets as a human you wil do 3-5% more dmg,but the difference isnt that big anyway.

12. Bro, you are alliance, that's why you don't complain, show me that horde win rate the past 24 hours please

13. And how are horde racials not usefull for pvp? .
    Do you understand the difference between "not usefull" and "not best" ?
    Good pvp players are always minmaxing. Every minmaxer will pick alliance toon.
    That's why before these disabled changed alliance had 3x longer bg que (more pvp oriented players > longer que).

My main is alliance, but we have transfered to horde back in the days due to faster quest (easier to play in premade), now, when this feature is gone, there is no reason to stay on horde. That's why most old players are already on alliance side. I'am not gonna explain that Earth is not flat anymore, stay on your point, whatever.

14. I dont get it why pple are crying about Blackrock players when the average Blackrock player is more skilled and is contributing more if you compare him to Icecrown/Lord players(average player,not hardcore pvpers).Also lets not forget that they are starting with good starting gear.
    You seem to forget that there are also many players from Blackrock who just create a new char to try something new (a class or a spec they have never played) and the first training step should always be battlegrounds (even if I don't know how much you train while getting graveyard camped) and duels. Many choose to afk while they are farming honor, not caring at all if they loose or win. Now that the queues are quite fast, the faster you loose the faster you will join the next battleground... And usually the top tier players (those who are already well geared) focus on arena and soloqueue.

If Warmane only wanted to have faster battleground queues.... it's ok, they have achieved their goal. If they wanted the battlegrounds to be somehow more balanced between the two factions.... I'm afraid it's not working really well. You may have many human players on the horde side (therefore the unbalanced racials should not be relevant anymore) but the fact that only Blackrock players are forced to join the horde side is really ruining the horde win/loose ratio. Yes, on Blackrock you start with relentless gear but trust me: you really feel the difference against full wrathfull and heroic pve geared chars. Especially on those big battlegrounds where 40vs40 players clash in the middle (or smaller but still packed ones, like Warsong Gulch). From my point of view the mercenary mode should be extended to Icecrown and Lordaeron. Funny thing is: I don't really care, I'm just farming my pve off sets but I can relate with those horde players from Icecrown and Lordaeron.

15. Players from Blackrock and only Blackrock are being balanced over to Horde.
    Why Blackrock only? Are we second-rate realm?
    With current Blackrock online almost all Blackrock alliance queue goes to horde to balance queue.
    As result, more then 80% BGs we play as a horde. More then 10 BG played, only one BG was an Ally. All BG as a horde were lost with GY farming.
    What genius came up with that?
    Why mercenary mode does not apply to Icecrown and Lordaeron? It will be fare and we'll play as a horde less than half BGs.

First ... 30383940414250 ... Last